The End of the Beginning

The End of the Beginning

A Chapter by Jace
"

Chapter one! Its nothing special or good but please read if you have the time!

"
The End of the Beginning (Chapter One)
I stare out the window longingly, wishing that maybe my handsome prince charming would come and take me far away from this normal dreary world, just kidding. Who needs a prince charming to save them, I don't need to rely on anyone or anything, I have myself, that's it. I drop the blinds on my window blocking the nice warm sunlight, crank my heater on full blast and just sit there in my oh so ordinary chair. Man, I guess I gotta give this pitiful prince some credit for traveling all the way here but it was a useless journey anyway. He ain't gonna find his damsel in distress anywhere, they all died the 19th century. I sigh, what in the world was I wasting my time here lazing around, I had things I needed to do. I stand up and slam the door to my steaming room.

Boxes lay everywhere, taped shut with crappy duct tape from the dollar store, the nice calming smell of this place was the one thing I loved about this utterly ordinary house, and that was it. Man I was gonna miss this place, it had been a small but nice home. Where is my dad? Is he still talking to that old dude that was my so-called neighbor? This "neighbor" despises us, not that he ever says it to us, but I feel his eyes digging into me every time I turn away from him.

"Ah Jace! Come here and help me move these boxes into the van." I sigh, I'm not built for this kind of heavy lifting and no, I'm not complaining. I take the box from my mom's hand nodding my head in a greeting and walk towards the van. Even though I'm turned around I can feel the sad look she has in her eyes as she looks at me. Stop it. I place the box on the van and look up at the sky, the crows that live in our tree stare at us, almost as though they know we're leaving, maybe they'll miss us. No way, all they care about is themselves. I look down at the ground as I go back into the house.

"Jace! We're leaving, you don't want to get left behind do you!?" The loud voice echoes in my ears, I guess its finally time to leave this place. I  stroke my hands on the markings on the wall, they brought back such memories.  I look at my reflection at the full-length mirror that's embedded in the wall. These ordinary brown eyes, this dull black hair, I wonder what'll change when I move. I run down the stairs and sit down in the car. Then as the car begins its engines I look back at the small house once more and say my goodbyes. The car zooms down the road and I look up at the dark night sky, filled with bright stars. "I wonder, will the stars look the same in the next world." I murmur under my breath as the night passes on.

"Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring ,ring...." I slam my hand down on my alarm clock, why do alarm clocks always sound so annoying. I groan as I rub my eyes, the first day I've seen my house in the daylight, and its not bad at all. Its much larger then our old house, maybe because its right in the city. "Tokyo, huh." I whisper. I change into my school uniform, shove the toast into my mouth and stride out the door. "I'm off." Who is there to say that to? Both of my parents are hard workers, they leave long before I even wake up. The walk to school isn't that bad, its only ten minutes or so, but what makes it worse is that it's uphill! By the time I'm at the steps of the school, I'm out of breath. What a pathetic body.

"Ah, you must be miss Hagashi, I assume?" A man looks at me with a smile on his face, he's wearing a suit... I nod my head slightly. "I will take you to your classroom which is Class 2-A, on the second floor. Follow me." What more stairs? I sigh, maybe I should've exercised more back at home.. We stop in front of the classroom door. So this is my classroom huh. "Please wait here miss Hagashi while I talk to the teacher." The man goes inside and comes back out, minutes later. "Then miss Hagashi, I hope you have a good year here at Ryotan High School!" The man smiles and proceeds down the hall.

" Then lets welcome the transfer student everyone!" The teacher is a woman huh. I slide open the door and walk in. Man I hate these kind of moments. "Nice to meet you, I'm Jace Hagashi, Lets get along well." I bow. I hear murmurs arousing from all around the class.

"Jace? Is she a foreigner? What a plain look. What a pain." Well I'm sorry, its not like I want to be in your class either. Man I wish I could say that out loud.

"Hmmm, Hagashi go sit in the empty seat next to Hakyeon." I walk to the back and I feel everyone's icy glares piercing through my back, man that's harsh. The guy doesn't look up at me and continues to chat with a girl next to him. Man what an attitude, at least I don't have to deal with his eyes. Did I forget to mention that ever since I was young I could feel the emotions of people's glares even if I didn't look at them. Nothing supernatural, it all seemed pretty obvious to me, eyes hold so many mysteries. I nod off as the teacher continues class.

The chimes sound as school ends. I stretch my arms, man that was utterly boring how did no one fall asleep in the middle of the class.

"Hagashi-san!" I look up and see a girl with light brown hair smiling back me, her eyes are a glowing hazel colour. Shes too bright... "Do you want to walk home with me? Sorry I didn't talk to you all day! I sit all the way in the front." I nod, do I even walk home the same way as her? Her head suddenly appears in front of my face.

"Ahh!" I cover my mouth, how embarassing..
" Oh! You do speak! I thought you couldn't speak there for a moment, don't scare me, haha!"
"I just don't speak that much is all."
"Hmm, OK then! Lets go."

We're about to the front gates when I notice a big crowd of girls. What is it some super hot dude who's super popular or something? I look at the girl next to me, shoot I don't even know her name.  "Hey what's your na-" Before I can finish, a cloud of dust forms from the crowd of girls and a human runs out of it.

"Kiriko-San!!!" The guy stops and the girls are still crowding in a circle without even noticing hes gone. What amazing skill this guy has..

"Ah Daichi-Kun! I should've known it was you in that crowd."
"Haha, I thought they would get bored of me but that doesn't seem like the case."
"Oh Daichi-Kun let me introduce you, meet Hagashi-San, she sits right next to you in class"

 The guy turns to me and smiles. "Nice to meet you Jace!" I'm shocked at his sudden informality and I look up, and I'm shocked. His eyes take my breath away, within them I can see the stars.




© 2015 Jace


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
JC
very real writing and a great start. Looking forward to the rest. Great job.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Added on January 10, 2015
Last Updated on January 10, 2015


Author

Jace
Jace

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada



About
Grade 9 Age 14 Female Loves Anime Loves Manga Loves Food more..

Writing