SUFFERING

SUFFERING

A Poem by Jvl narasimharao

Suffering may ennoble you a great man

Not to attend to others’ suffering is inhuman

Accident, disease and death are the cause of suffering

Even the greatest king can’t escape from this happening

 

I don’t know why a few people endure a lot of suffering

It may not be the result of their evil doing

Even the noblest human may suffer from fatal cancer

For its cure the most modern medical science has no answer

 

Newton’s third law is not always true in life

Even a great humanist may have a lot of strife

Our happiness seems to be a mere chance

some times the most wicked have a merry dance

 

 

© 2011 Jvl narasimharao


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

suffering may be the balance of joy; not sure. every living thing is exposed to suffering but not all are able to express it or realize that life can be without suffering. the predator and the prey suffer the same; one from hunger and the other from being below them in the food chain...it does seem like a wicked merry dance.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I was just talking to my mon the other day, while throwing myself a mini pity party, about how much it sucks that good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to get people. It's just the way life is, I understand, but it doesn't make it feel any better. Well done and well written!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I don’t know why people endure suffering
It may not be the result of evil doing
the noblest may suffer fatal cancer
its cure modern medical science has no answer
some times the most wicked have a merry dance
-most striking

Posted 13 Years Ago


A lot of wise words in this poem. Hard to escape suffering in this world. Last lines were my favorite.
"Our happiness seems to be a mere chance
some times the most wicked have a merry dance"
Thank you for a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


The questions we will never know the answer to. Many religious people say god makes them suffer who he knows are strong enough to take it....Some say suffering is for past live's wrong doings.....but maybe suffering is just another way to show we are human and that we should be detached....for if there is no attachment there would hardly be any suffering....A deep thought expressed here. I like the inclusion of physics in this philosophical piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Why do bad things happen to good people and good things to bad? So much is unanswered isn't it my friend?

Posted 13 Years Ago


true especially on the last line true poem yeah i wonder the same thing and think about the same thing hum something to make everyone think about nice poem :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This has always been such a disturbing quandry, across the thoughts of the ancients and through time to our doors... Suffering itself.. the pain the best of people suffer through.. the joy that some hateful horrid ones may find as well.. We wonder at the fairness, and must at times just accept our lot. Powerful write, my friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You describe suffering well here. Very well penned.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a good write. :D
Their are truths in this write as well..
Everyone suffers...but it's apart of life we have to deal with. I loved this poem. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

417 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011

Author

Jvl narasimharao
Jvl narasimharao

ANDHRA PRADESH, ASIA, India



About
I am JVL NARASIMHA RAO from India.I write poems both in my mother tongue and in English, my favourite tongue.I am an english teacher, trainer, resource person and text book writer.English is my breat.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..