Codenamed: Wraith Clan (Work In Progress) Chapter 3

Codenamed: Wraith Clan (Work In Progress) Chapter 3

A Chapter by JSmith0612
"

Leena drags Rei to their lunch spot, putting Zain in a bind. Rei leaves after lunch and Zain fills Leena in on the situation. Zain then goes home to his family, trying to get around his father, Numen.

"

Frozen in place, I could barely register Leena’s voice telling Rei all about the town and what could be done for fun, food etc " ya know, the basic information. As they came into view, I tried to keep my face as blank as possible all the while he was gnashing his teeth.

 

Smug little b***h…

She is so toast at the next council meeting.

 

He merely nodded in agreement. Leena and Rei spotted us, Rei waving like a little kid " which was endearing " and Leena eyeing us, despite having a stone face, quite speculatively. He hissed. Clearing my throat, I arched an eyebrow and settled my gaze straight at Leena.

 

“So, you invited Rei to lunch with us?” I deadpanned.

 

She knows something.

Ya f*****g think?

 

Leena smirked.  “Yes. Is that a problem?”

 

Think fast, asshat. “We had business to discuss.” Rei was looking around at each of us, absolutely confused and a touch concerned.

“I-I-I can go eat somewhere else. May-ma-maybe meet some of the others…” Poor girl stammered out. I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

 

“No, no. It’s fine. The business can be discussed later.” I spat somewhat venomously at Leena, who smiled darkly at me in return.  Rei blinked a few times before relaxing.

 

“Okay. Thank you.” The rest of the time spent up on that roof was used to acquaint Rei with the school, the rules, who to talk to, who to avoid and just generally picking her brain. I learned she has a weird pallet of tastes when it comes to food; she is energetic, enthusiastic about life and her friends - whom she misses greatly, and is the kind that is secretly wise beyond her years. I tried to hide my disappointment when our time together came to a close. Our time ended all too soon. Rei stood up, stretched and yawned.

 

“Well, I’m off to my next class. History.” Xander and Leena snickered. I shot them a look that clearly said shut it.

 

Why, King, you could easily lead that lecture.

Mind your own business.

Oh, believe me, I am.

 

“That’s a shame. I have World Literature next. Maybe our paths will cross again.” Xander made this ridiculous bowing gesture, kissing her hand and eyeing my reaction all at the same time. Despite doing my best to keep a lid on my temper, I still bawled my hand into a fist at my side. As Rei turned to Leena, Xander sneered at me " fangs, grey eyes and all. Reibidding me farewell snapped me out of my slight stupor.

 

“I guess we’ll cross paths again soon. It was nice to meet you, Zain.” She bowed and exited the rooftop. As soon as I was sure she was out of earshot, I immediately turned on the two cohorts in crime.

 

“What the f**k was that, Leena?!” My flailing around like I was dancing, I laid into her. “You did that on purpose!” Her eye was visibly twitching.

 

Leena exploded. “For one, I happen to think Rei is a sweet girl and I truly would like to be her friend. For two " the minute she stepped into the classroom you started acting really strangely. Yes, I kind of experimented this past hour or so. I admit it. You are not yourself, Zain. What is going on?” Her voiced calmed by the time that question came out.

 

Rose head knows. Might as well let Raven in on it.

Hate to admit it but you’re right. She won’t back off until she knows.

 

I pointed to the ground. “Sit.” And for once, she obeyed command.  “I’m giving you the twenty-second highpoint. All right? We don’t have enough time to go into detail.” Leena nodded. I took a breath and then let the verbal vomit commence. After a few minutes my explanation ended. Leena blinked a few times, stunned.

 

“This bears further research. Maybe my brother knows "“

 

“No! No way. Do not bring Mr. High and F*****g Mighty into this. That’s the last thing I need!” I squirmed. Leena’s brother, Lloyd, and myself don’t exactly have the best history. She huffed and nodded.

 

“Good point. I’ll see what I can dig up in the family archives. You’ve crossed into some dangerous territory, Lawerence.” He cackled.

 

If only they knew…

 

I looked at my phone. S**t. “Classes are about to resume. Come on. We’ll discuss this more at the estate.” And with that, we returned to a more normal human pattern. The rest of the day passed in a blur. My focus was anything but what it needed to be in order to maintain my more public image. Despite my better thinking, my inner instincts kept reaching out for the girl. When the last class came, I hauled a*s for the garage, jumped on my bike and blazed a hot trail back home.

 

After the day I’ve had, the last thing I want to deal with is my family. I hope my dad isn’t home yet.

Come on, King. You know he is. And you know he is lying in wait for you so he can try to ambush you. Again.

F**k. You’ve got a point. Maybe I can sneak in another way…

 

My mind was blazing with ways to get around the great Numen Lawerence, former leader of the fallen Star Clan in the House of Wraith. His over exuberance could be exhausting. And his constant attempts to teach me his so called lessons were nothing short of irritating. I just hope I can keep him from realizing what was going on " a mission that could be accomplished if he was anyone ordinary idiot, which I knew he wasn’t.

 

He is a complete doofus. Maybe he won’t pick up on the fact that The Connection is starting to form.

Believe me, the man is smarter than he lets on. I’ll have to utilize all my covert training to keep this from him as long as possible.

 

Nothing usually gets by Numen " nothing. I prayed this would be the ‘unusual’ event.

 



© 2016 JSmith0612


Author's Note

JSmith0612
As per usual, ignore basic first draft issues. Looking more at content/story/character progression. This is also not the full length of things. This is just a development period. Chapters could/will be longer in the future.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on June 1, 2016
Last Updated on June 1, 2016
Tags: paranormal, supernatural, romance, suspense, war, secret world, novel


Author

JSmith0612
JSmith0612

Pryor, OK



About
Hi! My name is Jeri R. Smith. I am 28 years old. I have been married for a little 3 years and been with my husband a total of 4 years. We live in Pryor, OK with our dog Lucky. I have my bachelors degr.. more..

Writing