Codenamed: Wraith Clan (Work In Progress Log) Chapter 1

Codenamed: Wraith Clan (Work In Progress Log) Chapter 1

A Chapter by JSmith0612
"

The first, short encounter between our intrepid heroine and our demonic prince.

"

 

I barely registered the words, “Please find your seat, Miss.” I was blown out of the water. I didn’t want to believe what was happening was happening. And with a…

 

My thoughts stopped dead in their tracks when I realized that she was to be seated " right in front of me. S**t, s**t, s**t. I tried to blink her aura out of my sight but the f*****g thing was glued to her. 

 

“Zain? Zaaaiinnn…” I saw a hand wave in front of my face, giving me a much needed but all too brief break from the nightmare that just walked in.


“Huh?” Turning my head, I lowered my eyes onto my best annoyance, Xander " who was currently looking at me with a blank expression that I knew was hiding something. “Yeah, what is it Xander?” He coughed uncomfortably.

 

“You spaced out there for a few seconds. You okay? Like the lights were on but nobody was home…” Grimacing, I wondered how obvious might distress might have been. Thankfully, as I looked around the back row it seemed like either Xander was the only paying attention or they put him up to asking. I grinned darkly, showing my fangs just barely.

 

“Why do you ask, Xander?” And on cue, he ratted the bossy part. He clenched his eyes shut and waved his arms around like a maniac, his face as red as his hair.

 

“Dude, it was all Leena. She told me to " Ow!” A small but brute fist hit him in the back of the head, sending him face first to the floor. Steely, dark blue eyes raged at him as she ran her other hand through her raven hair.

 

“Tattletale….” She grumbled. Xander righted himself, his gaze hot enough that she should have been burning alive.

 

Hissing under his breath, he motioned between the three of us. “Hey, it was either you or he, the great one.” Leena bit her cheek and contemplated this for a moment and reluctantly, she nodded.

 

“Fair enough. But seriously, Lawerence, what is wrong?” Resting my elbows on the desk in front of me and my face in my hands I knew if I didn’t tell them something they wouldn’t leave me alone.

 

“I… thought I recognized the new girl.” A brief moment of silence hovered around us.

 

“That’s it?” Both Xander and Leena spat out at the same time. I nodded, trying to sway their thinking. And, I guess, for now it worked. At least for Xander.

 

“Whatever.” Xander faced forward.

 

“Hmph.” Leena eyed me for a moment longer before doing the same. I closed my eyes, savoring the brief relief. I heard the chair in front of our table squeak, knowing who it was. Leena, still not having let it go, spoke up first.

 

“New girl. What’s your name?” Yikes, Ice Queen, could be a littler warmer to her. I shook my head internally.

 

The quietest throat clearing I’d ever heard occurred just then. “Oh yes. Hello. My name  Rei McRain. Some of my old friends used to call me ReiHime,” She laughed softly, “I’m transferring here from New Orleans. Nice to meet you! What are your names?” I barely recall Xander introducing me and bluffing it off as me being ill.

 

A Wraith being ill… funny.

 

The irony of her name was not lost on me. Nor was it lost on someone else. Another voice, apart from my own echoed sarcastically from deep within me.

Princess…

And a demon prince… How poetic….

 

The thought made me sick but he was right. If I were a composer, I’d call today “The Prelude to Disaster,” because that is the path I am now on.



© 2016 JSmith0612


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on May 19, 2016
Last Updated on June 1, 2016
Tags: demon, wraith, paranormal, princess, fantasy, action, romance, aura, supernatural


Author

JSmith0612
JSmith0612

Pryor, OK



About
Hi! My name is Jeri R. Smith. I am 28 years old. I have been married for a little 3 years and been with my husband a total of 4 years. We live in Pryor, OK with our dog Lucky. I have my bachelors degr.. more..

Writing