Once again we stumble Once again we fall

Once again we stumble Once again we fall

A Poem by Dream Weaver

 

 

 

 

We stumble then fall, I guess the silence

says it all, I know there were better days I just can’t recall.

 

We spend so much time arguing, who’s right and who’s wrong, then we lie to ourselves like we’re getting along.

 

I’ll say black and you’ll say blue, you’ll say me and I’ll say you. Why in the world do we play these games, calling each other such spiteful names?

Was there ever a time when our love conquered all, once again we stumble once again we fall. It’s gotten so ugly our house is divided, conversations become shorter our opinions one sided.

 

Time to move onto a road less traveled, so sad to say that everything has unraveled. If not now then tell me when, I never want to go through this ever again!

 

 

© 2012 Dream Weaver


Author's Note

Dream Weaver

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, does this ever say it all. You have just captured my failed marriage. I despise the breakdown in communication, and nothing is more sad than someone trying to hold on while the other seems to want to slip away and let go. The loss of love in of itself is devastating enough but for those who refuse to try and prolong either the inevitable or at least make a fighting chance to squelch this pained indifference in the bud will end up alone and repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

My heart ached when I read this, such a reminder and a perfect depiction of what I had gone through. He was unhappy and took it out on me, he didn't see what I wanted or needed, I needed to be shown love not by what money could buy but rather something heartfelt and free. More hugs, a cheesy stupid silly poem with elementary grammar and imagery scrawled on a piece of scrap paper and left by the coffee pot to find. Something that wasn't perfect, but came from the heart which made it perfect. I needed tenderness. He needed me to chill out and understand that he worked a lot, was always tired, but he did bust his hump and I should have given him a break. We both felt lonely and divided, neither one of us getting what it was we needed to sustain love in the relationship.

Sometimes though, when one realizes the path that they are headed down and they try to change-sometimes its too late for the other to care enough to try. Its sad when relationships unravel like this. A lot of times they go down this route because they fear letting go, they still love the person, or they're waiting for something to change when neither party is compromising.

I could go on about this poem, such a wealth of knowledge in a beautifully written poem. Bravo.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I cannot even begin to tell you how good it is to see you and your words here again. You have been sorely missed. This is fantastic!

Posted 12 Years Ago


eloquent, intense yet subtle...intelligent - i love your style

the silence again is a scream...a scream to perserve, to crawl into fear or keep things at false peace...i know what you describe here..i know it well...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love the rhythym of this sad tale. Heartfelt .

Posted 12 Years Ago


As always you have an impeccable rhyme scheme at work here. Great write.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 12, 2012
Last Updated on April 12, 2012

Author

Dream Weaver
Dream Weaver

Paradise, FL



About
Just a few vids from my musical side.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Father Father

A Poem by MOON


In Love In Love

A Poem by Dream Weaver