Hour of need

Hour of need

A Poem by Dream Weaver




I’m lost in a sea of turbulent swells, empty promises sinking into bottomless wells.

No ambition but irritated intrusion, love and happiness a metaphoric infusion.

Cut from a cloth that bares no name, alone again on this walk of shame.

A step in time, two steps behind what a barbarous world seared
into my mind.

 

Voices elude me in my hour of need, in this scorching desert a lone tumble weed.

Aging loner with no desire no hope, I can see you dangling with your neck in a rope.  

 

Lost and alone with wistful belief, when it comes to love I see only a thief.  


 



© 2013 Dream Weaver


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, Love, this is absolutely beautiful. Leaving it with a question makes the heart yearn for the character and hope he finds his answer. Great heart-wrenching write. :) I loved it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Only you can swing with such an erratic pendulum: you move from erotica to humour to romantce to tragedy in lines either screaming or echoing emotion!

This is such a sad poem, words which so many can understand but most couldn't voice. And, what's more, in spite of the feelings expressed you adhere to meter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You write with the greatest of soul. Within your poems I feel the words flow throughout. Such depth of sorrow comes forth.Your last stanza was el bravo!

Hugs
Mags xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


Amazing poem depicting the sorrow the soul feels when emptiness invades the caverns of our heart.

Posted 13 Years Ago


You deliver us gently into the very deepest and most human places of the soul with this heart wrenching work. Again.

Posted 13 Years Ago


beautifully expressed stream of ache and loss~

Posted 13 Years Ago


i love reading your works; your mind is so diverse and it delves into every depth of possible emotion in human behavior....every line is thoughtful; takes one to despair out of denial and into clarity of a possible obsession with a dark muse

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is heartbreaking sweet friend...beautifully penned and dripping with raw emotion

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great rhythm and expressions of grief, loneliness. You always capture the reader's attention with your ability to capture your thoughts and make them written words.
I like the ending:

"Lost in a sea of vacant depression
when will I learn to avoid this obsession? "


Posted 13 Years Ago


Thar damn obsession will eat away at the core..the poem moved nicely..good work.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 2, 2011
Last Updated on January 24, 2013

Author

Dream Weaver
Dream Weaver

Paradise, FL



About
Just a few vids from my musical side.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Trestles Trestles

A Poem by Robin