In her eyes

In her eyes

A Poem by Dream Weaver
"

Purely Fictional

"

 

 

 

 

In her eyes there’s no forgiveness, in her heart resides a fading ember of trust. She once was a philanthropist of affection, her tenderness exceeding all that I had ever known. Reliant upon her ardent intuition yet charitable to a fault, she excels amorously deep within.

 

I was her champion, the conqueror of all her fears, a light in her darkness, the thought of her in my mosaic dreams simply precious.

In retrospect we were cast into a splendorous seventh heaven that surpassed anything and everything.

 

She was to me a flourishing rose in bloom, a soft warm breeze on a tropical night. When she drew in a breath I exhaled, when she was hurting I felt the pain, when she smiled all was right with the world.

 

Is she lost or perhaps maybe just a dream wandering aimlessly through my insignificant void. Could it be I who is lost without her? Does she really exist? Or am I just a dream within her dreams?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2013 Dream Weaver


Author's Note

Dream Weaver

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this was beautiful this was deep it was really truly love the terms you used: seventh heaven a dream within her dreams really fantastic I could feel what was being said and when that happens poetry is absolute this is one I could read again and again especially the stanza where she drew breath and you exhaled you know connectivity comparability deep stuff work of art well done

Posted 11 Years Ago


Some heartbreaking and beautiful imagery.
'Mosaic of dreams' and 'flourishing roses in bloom'
are beautifully worded imagery.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The next to last stanza is sad. To have a great love and then you realize something has went wrong and you may lose her. The details are excellent and the imagery is outstanding. The flow is smooth. A poem in which many can relate to.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful poem, but sad! So many emotions flowing in this poem, it cuts you to the core, it's so moving!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Feels like a wounded soul with the curtains removed and the doors open. I would say this is your very best yet... going in my favorites.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J.
I wish I had words to express how this poetry moved me so. You describe her so vividly! I can almost feel your eyes caressing every part of this woman you speak of! So intensely tragic!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
very moving!! a poignant ripple throughout this piece - imagery woven through words - a tragic write!! nice!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great work of art! great emotion expressed so vividly!

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow Joe, this was so moving and so sad. It filled the page with great sentiment...What a stupendous write. I agree with Emma...this is one of your best!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautifully sad words . you express fiction with knowing, my friend. This is one of your best posts, thoughts wrapped in poetry, poetry wrapped in regret and longing.

'Begging forgiveness, for
which I shall never receive, in her eyes, now cold
and distant I am truly translucent.'

every emotion on display, can't be hidden, won't be shared. This reminds me of a poem by Keats .. must find the title ..

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

689 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 11, 2011
Last Updated on January 4, 2013

Author

Dream Weaver
Dream Weaver

Paradise, FL



About
Just a few vids from my musical side.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart in Hand Heart in Hand

A Poem by OT