Pompous Poet

Pompous Poet

A Poem by Dream Weaver



I silence every critic with words that I weave, my stories so captivating they’re hard to believe.

My lies become truth as my truth become lies, a pugnacious implosion of confused alibis.

I'll dazzle you with brilliance in the throes of grief, caught up in this moment of erroneous belief.

My knowledge gargantuan, one glimpse and you’ll see, yes the world is my oyster and you my detainee.

Just ease the seat back and enjoy the ride, a poet a prophet a Jekyll and Hyde.

Pick your poison I’m about to begin, for I am the almighty the original sin…

 


© 2016 Dream Weaver


Author's Note

Dream Weaver

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. oh gosh ... i know how torturous it is when a critic questions one's integrity ... the integrity of honest feelings and experiences ... recently, a friend questioned my integrity ... and badgered me ... not for a poem ... but a review ... and tore my soul apart ... six emails sent in six hours ... when i was offline ... in a nap ... and when i woke up ... the worst horror awaited me ... and i decided that silence is the most fitting response that i can come up with ... of course after apologizing profusely for any misunderstanding caused by the fact that english is not my first language ... as you might know, i have many projects and cannot endanger them for someone who has no respect for another person's honest thoughts and opinions ... prejudice is hard to fight ... but your words here are quite brilliant and they speak to my heart ... beautiful work ... thank you for this ...

Posted 14 Years Ago


your wit proceeds you ~ well done

Posted 14 Years Ago


These lines sound like a chant to be reckoned with:So ease the seat back and enjoy the ride,
a poet a prophet a Jekyll and Hyde.


I silence all critics with the words simply spun,
so let it be written, so let it be done.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A perfect intro to a book you should write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


bravo my friend...this is excellent...a complete package with the pic and the Beck video...p.s. I luv Beck his song "The Golden Age" is life changing as are many many of the writes I have read from you...I luv this piece my friend...keep em commin- DannyLynne

Posted 14 Years Ago


quite acerbic and sharp and witty~

Posted 14 Years Ago


I liked the line..'a poet,a prophet, a jekyll and hyde..poetry indeed brings out all dimensions of an individual..well written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Loved your poem. Very creative. Love Beck too, great song choice.

Posted 14 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

660 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 3, 2010
Last Updated on August 10, 2016

Author

Dream Weaver
Dream Weaver

Paradise, FL



About
Just a few vids from my musical side.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..