The fool that I am

The fool that I am

A Poem by Dream Weaver

 


 


















I cry for every broken heart unaccounted.I fight for every personal attack that’s been surmounted.

 

I comfort those who are weary and weak, I hear for the deaf and for the mute I shall speak.

 

I give hope to the hopeless and courage to the oppressed, no discomforting issues will go unaddressed.

 

I console the dejected and the feebly old, I listen to stories that must be told. I weep for every tragedy large or small, in my heart of hearts I suffer through it all.

 

Maybe I’m a fool, who’s grasping thorns on a stem, has anyone ever thought to ask me, how I really am?

 

I’m hurting won't somebody help me?



 

© 2013 Dream Weaver


Author's Note

Dream Weaver

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Those of us who find it within ourselves to give selflessly are often the ones hurting the worst. We take on the world, heft it upon our shoulders, and try to walk upright, only to have the burden sink us to the soil. The smile we wear for others is a mask of convenience, I think...I don't really want anyone to ask how I am...I might tell them the truth.

Powerful write. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the lovely review Kimmer, and I must say you're right one point! ;)
Poignant the giver needs to receive too needs to be heard and seen. lovely flowing heartfelt write.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thank you Moon! :)
I am overwhelmed by your wonderful speech.
This is really a comforting piece.
This brings assurance and peace.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thank you kindly zainul, I appreciate you taking the time to review this and
glad you have fou.. read more
zainul

11 Years Ago

You are most welcome,dear friend.
sometimes the helpful hurt the most maybe people expect that helpers don't need help really nice writing very emotional well done

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thanks Deron, You're absolutely right in your assessment...I appreciate your review...
Wow, this is so sad. At times I feel like that, I'm always there for someone when they need a listening ear or moral support but in my time of need there is no one. Excellent write Silent, the pic and video really brings out your poem.



Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
Somehow I can identify with that feeling. And Jeff was right. Being a superhero is tough work, no matter who is on the job. I guess the good thing is that you care enough to try which is as much as anyone can ask...

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very well written and it speaks volumes to me. I call it being the Superhero, and it can suck sometimes.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I've been there before. Despite all my...um...we'll just say personality issues, yeah? Anyway, I've tried showing compassion like this before, and it wasn't until I felt their own suffering that I realized just how much it hurt to give.

Posted 14 Years Ago


You seem to speaking from my heart, Wow.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very well written, and such a dear subject to my heart. People saving others need to be held too. Very touching.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 20, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2013

Author

Dream Weaver
Dream Weaver

Paradise, FL



About
Just a few vids from my musical side.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Black Widow Black Widow

A Poem by Muse