Touched by a dream

Touched by a dream

A Poem by Dream Weaver




As I take in all that surrounds me, I begin to see the big picture a little more clearly. With every question not all answers are guaranteed. There isn’t someone for everyone and some broken hearts never mend.

 

The meaning of life isn’t just a game but a harsh reality the way we choose to live it. Some people have more of an interest in self preservation and utilize opportunism to the highest degree.

 

Perfect harmony, unity and morality as I see it are just words manufactured for the masses of unfortunate and uneducated hopefuls. We believe in dreams prophets luck and God. Blind faith is the term I have grudgingly accepted.

 

You can believe in what you want to believe in, but that doesn’t make it realism. Reality is the here and now, if you can see it feel it and be touched by it, you have moved a step closer to what life is genuinely about.  

© 2013 Dream Weaver


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes, I couldn't agree more. All the lies we tell ourselves to make it all easier, more acceptable. Whatever works I guess. Maybe the ones who don't see the picture clearly are the lucky ones...
Great work, Dream Weaver.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

10 Years Ago

Thank you again Lourisa, the lucky ones indeed.
Lyn Croker Paget

9 Years Ago

Yes I also agree with the last stanza
Remember the Beatles. Strawberry Fields comes to mind .. read more
Hey hun... I know you told me you were out of here for a bit but geesh... Ive missed our talks..
I love this .. The picture is awesome..I guess its a flood from the leak in the ceiling but to me i see images there on the floor.. Like a dream.. Maybe a woman kneeling over the loss of someone.. I know , I read too much into pictures ..so ok back to your poem..
Very inspirational and full of light. The reality of life is going to be what we make of it.

"We believe in dreams prophets luck and God. Blind faith is the term I have grudgingly accepted."
I enjoyed this.. the ending stanza is strong .. just because you believe something or in something it does not make it real..

So glad your back hun.. huggs Rose




Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thank you Rose, has it been that long? Well maybe it has, I lost track of time..
Huggs back at.. read more
You trying to say there's no such thing as perfect harmony? I've heard it, I think....much food for thought here, I'll have to marinate in this one for a while...good read!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Been tucked away at my trailer in the woods...Isolated, stark raving mad and distancing
myself.. read more
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Ha, sounds good to me, you were always stark raving mad though. ;-)
Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

And still am for that matter! ;)
You make your own luck in other words ?

A philosophical point of view regarding life and it's not without its merits !

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thank you much...
I enjoyed every line and a lot of food for thought here too DW...nice to see you again...it's been a while...
Rose:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thanks ever so much Rose, I always appreciate you taking the time to
drop by. yes it has been .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

410 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2013
Last Updated on July 1, 2013

Author

Dream Weaver
Dream Weaver

Paradise, FL



About
Just a few vids from my musical side.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Raindrops Raindrops

A Poem by SyberRose