Pedestal

Pedestal

A Poem by Dream Weaver




I’ve dreamt of you on a pedestal high, my Goddess of passion was always nearby.

 

Awakened to sadness alone I must try, to find the real you not to turn a blind eye.

 

I will shout these words from the highest plateau, just to stand beside your aureole glow.

 

I dare not whisper for my eyes speak the truth, so broken hearted in the days of my youth.

 

Are you really out there, take pause and break word, am I wasting my time bordering on the absurd?

 

I’ve dreamt of you once again last night, you faded quickly by the early light. But I’ll keep searching forever until; I put you high upon your pedestal …

 

 

 

 

 

© 2013 Dream Weaver


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awww, this is very sweet.. love the last 2 lines.. thank you. shallimarRose

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thank you kindle S.R. I truly appreciate your time to drop
by and give it a look. :)
This is a lovely write, but...and there's a but yes, the only thing about being put on a pedestal is once you fall, it's a long way down. As women, we just want to be adored with a capital A, not seen as untouchable and out of reach. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...still love your poem. ;-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Bang bang, I hit the ground, my baby shot me down...see it's not a far fall even from adore. ;-)
Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Oh you!!!!! ;)
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

xD

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

283 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 6, 2013
Last Updated on April 7, 2013

Author

Dream Weaver
Dream Weaver

Paradise, FL



About
Just a few vids from my musical side.. more..

Writing