Down for the count

Down for the count

A Poem by Dream Weaver






I once thought of life as it caressed my soul, embraced my heart and made me whole. I envisioned the serenity with arms opened wide, felt the warmth of being deep down inside.

 

Born into poverty I’ve known nothing but fear, I was cold and angry at this unrelenting frontier. When people care more about animals than you, the cracks become bigger as they watch you fall through.

 

Praise the Lord it’s not working out, where’s the humanity I’ve heard so much about? Not in this life it’s abundantly clear, maybe after death shall I persevere? So this struggle pushes on and on, from ugly duckling to becoming a swan.




© 2013 Dream Weaver


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I lived on the streets off and on, mostly on, for two decades, maybe more. I found that to survive on the mean streets of America you needed cunning and a lot of luck. Also I understood that some of the ones who were there on the street with me were mentally unbalanced. Once upon a time the good folks within our political system turned these people out on the street who had not a chance in hell of surviving except as your picture depicts. It is happening today. These people need help. The rest of the street people are there basically because they want to be in order to survive by handouts and thievery. hat is not a popular statement to make, but nonetheless it is true.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

I hear you my friend, I would give it a 60 to 40 ratio...60% true homeless and 40% frauds...Would yo.. read more
jerrypat

11 Years Ago

Yeah, I can go with those numbers okay. Me not being adaptable to the wilds of the forest I preferre.. read more
Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

We do what we feel comfortable with, I can do a city being born and raised in NY but hands down it h.. read more
Incredibly written. Your reader can literally feel the pain that you go through. It's not uncommon to be born in poverty and to lose faith in humanity more and more each day. To be completely honest, my motto is "The more I get to know people, the more I love and appreciate animals". But life is a delicate balance. It cannot be all good, but it also cannot be all bad. So my advice is - survive through the bad moments, but live for the good ones. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thank you LSD, sound advice for sure, but you have to be in those shoes to completely understand it .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 31, 2013
Last Updated on March 31, 2013

Author

Dream Weaver
Dream Weaver

Paradise, FL



About
Just a few vids from my musical side.. more..

Writing