Utopia

Utopia

A Poem by Dream Weaver



Fearless and assiduous, in your Utopian quest, in no way dithering it cannot be suppressed.

Trials and tribulations so heavily weigh, your mind being sculpted into residual clay…

 

Does such a place exist at all; cleverly concealed we cower and crawl. Falling victim to sumptuous pleasure, there’s no pot of gold no buried treasure.

 

A mythological tale of notoriety, a frivolous existence of a moribund society. Still many come to embrace and believe corrupted morals as they taunt and deceive.

 

Hidden out there amongst lush green valleys and tepid blue skies, this Terra fir-ma of fertility, is the devil in disguise. Some roads less traveled the burden extreme, the hunger pangs for a new life a diluted regime.

 

Is this world what it appears to be? Look around you it’s a voluntary travesty. Wars and hunger it makes no sense, homeless rapacity and pestilence. Is this what we have truly become? Primordial ooze reduced to pond scum?

© 2013 Dream Weaver


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

very good the way you described what was going on in the world very real it took me somewhere else .the description of the world as it is was also very effective the 4th stanza really had an effect on me cause the quest for utopia has really brought allot of suffering while also bringing hope interesting concept well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thanks Devon, I appreciate the look...All we have to do is just see what's going on around us and w.. read more
Deron Alexis

11 Years Ago

well said
I love the last line too! I loved all of it, but that last line was the icing on the cake for me! Good job you've done with this.

What font are you using here? I quite like it, and it does not appear to be a staple of WC....what's the secret?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thanks LA your write was the inspiration for this so I really can't take any
credit..Glad you .. read more
It's an eloquent rant. Love the last line...

'Primordial ooze reduced to pond scum'
really says it all...sad state of affairs we're in.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thank you Frieda, this was inspired by a friends write whom just happens to be on here as well..
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

It's very nice, also last line reminded me of my last boyfriend. ;-)
Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

OMG! That's too funny! ;)~
Poignant write , sad but true Utopia a broken dream. The earth in ruins so to speak. Thought provoking write. Love the last paragraph. Well said !

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dream Weaver

11 Years Ago

Thank you Moon, much appreciated...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
4 Reviews
Added on January 1, 2013
Last Updated on January 1, 2013

Author

Dream Weaver
Dream Weaver

Paradise, FL



About
Just a few vids from my musical side.. more..

Writing