dreams of the dead

dreams of the dead

A Story by Joseph B Clipper
"

i have great dream recall

"
they say the dead don't really die because they live on in our hearts and minds.
last night I went to my mothers house, in a place I use to live, though she never did.
we sat chatting about this and that for a while and decided to take a trip.
we took a train that doesn't exist, though a similar one does, built long after I moved from jersey city.
we road along kennedy blvd before moving down to Garfield ave, past places we use to live.
the train went down further to princeton ave, the last street in the city.
we rode the center of the streets like we were on a san fran trolley.
at one point someone got off the train but left their dog.  medium hair of red and gold. cute dog a kind of collie i think.  dont really know cause i'm not much of a dog fan. 
i did feel sorry for the poor thing as it scratched at the door till the next stop.
maybe in some future dream i'll find out if it ever found its master.
so mother and i reach our destination. a trailer park at the end of the city, that in life doesnt exist.  yet this is the second dream i've have with it in it.
the first time i lived there with a gay roommate and there were these thugs selling drugs just outside our door.
at one point i went to the shack not far from me to visit mum who was staying with a friend.
presumably the same one we've come to visit now.
an older black woman. some long forgotten relative i guess. my mother was always introducing me to aunts uncles and cousins who all would say...do u remember me?
and i act like i do even though i was 4 at the time and really think jeez what a stupid question.
so this aunt she's walking her dogs as we arrive.  one black one white, short hairs. 
the white jumps in my lap and off we go to her house.
and the dream is interrupted. i wake up needing to pee.
and i wonder do i still live just down the road.

july 4 2014

© 2014 Joseph B Clipper


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on July 4, 2014
Last Updated on July 4, 2014
Tags: dreams, mother, lost, loved, ones, dogs

Author

Joseph B Clipper
Joseph B Clipper

newark, DE



About
i write various poems and stories. i call them my 1000 stories to tell. i'm sure i've written something just for you. more..

Writing
TRUMP TRUMP

A Story by Joseph B Clipper