Cyber attack

Cyber attack

A Story by Hayden Hart
"

Okay so I'm only 15 and this is my first one so don't lay into be too bad OK. Anyway a cyber attack turns the lights out but for how long?????

"
A transformer blowing, a regular occurrence among the stale life of an urban population. However, a multitude of electricle devices failing in rapid succession paints a different story.

"Damn it, Chris wake up !"
A college student running haphazardly about an apartment, if only it was simply a late morning.

" Our damn alarm didn't go off, if you don't wanna be the failure I truly believe you are, get up."

A figure maneuvered out from under a navy blue blanket to meet morning sun. A second college student around the same age as the first slowly lumbered out of bed to be met by an ever more frantic friend.

" Asher,' Chris groaned while semi-dressing ' let's just not go, okay?"

Asher, absolutly oblivious to his friends pleas, ceased his various rants. Chris soon mimicked Ashers silence as their gazed simultaneously rested on one point, or rather a cluster of points, every transformer in sight was on fire.

Asher then turned on a battery powered radio and tuned it to the local news. After approximately ten minutes of white noise the outdated device began to speak:

" Grettings from 101.5, your local news. We will only be broadcasting once per day in order to conserve fuel for our generator as long as this power failure persists...'

Asher interjected frantucally , " It's a cyber attack, probably terrorists or North Korean's! Oh screw it, it doesn't matter I've been prep aired for two years and........"
Asher trailed off incoherently and gradually tuned back in to the vital information being conveyed on the battery powered savior.

" The U.S. government has gaurenteed the public that electricity will flow again within two or three days. Have a pleasant day."

A click was heard and static once again claimed the room. Chris returned to his position on his bed , attempting to rekindle the fires of sleep. Asher, on the other hand, stood motionless presenting a mixed look of terror and excitement.

" What's you're problem." Chris uttered nonchalantly.

Asher hurried to a locked droor in a dresser opposite his side of the room, carelessly waving off the question. He reached under the massive piece of furniture and drew forth a key. After carefully opening the compartment, Asher removed the contents.

"One 30-30 rifel , one 9mm handgun, a 12 gauge shotgun, and three machetes."

Asher proudly set the weapons before Chris, resonating a powerful aura. Chris's initial shock faded as he came to realize what Asher was occurring. A long, awkward silence followed, inturupted only by the faint sounds of the barely audible conversations of others sharing the building. The light mood gave way to cold fact and the weight of the situation crushed the once peaceful environment.

Finally, Asher, looking intently out of the window his back to Chris , calmly stated:

" Transformers blowing everywhere isn't normal. Some form of cyber attack must have occurred."

Now, the obvious having been addressed, the religous Chris began to pray. While Asher looked to the sky hoping for reason to believe in a god but, what he considered fact rendered that hopeless.

Asher then turned once more to Chris to utter the words that would prophesize the world in such a dark hour.

" If there is a god, he's left man alone. We're gonna bear witness to men reverting to animals, killing their friends and family for bottled water. But Maybe after it's all over, those left will know not all of us were like that, like beasts among a once thriving civilization.........."

© 2013 Hayden Hart


Author's Note

Hayden Hart
Ignore grammar problems I typed this in 5th period on my phone :D its OK it is a study hall.
Its the 1st chapter so if the reviews are positive I hope yo make another soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
Added on October 29, 2013
Last Updated on October 29, 2013
Tags: i wanted more description space, Apocalypse, Cyber, attack, god, college, electric, light, dark