Chapter 2: Tutorials are meaningless to nerds

Chapter 2: Tutorials are meaningless to nerds

A Chapter by Toys Market
"

The four guys are ready to ready to set up a tutorial match.

"

As we enter the tutorial menu, our avatars are present like so:

 

Mana Conqueror [Nike]

All-rounder type [user of all other powers or can use basic mana based spells with spiritual powers]

Heath/Mana or Stamina

Attacks/defence

Player Level 1/15

Stage Progress 0/150

 

Flooding Storm [Ivan]

Water type [can use flooding, bubble or water based attacks/defences]

 

Static Port [Jake]

Electric type [can use electricity from sources or electrical attacks/defences]

 

Carnivore Carnation [Max]

Nature type [plant attacks/defences]

 

When we all appear in the tutorial area I am greeted by shocked faces. They all stare at me like a bunch of fangirls or someone who has never played video games before. “What, you know I like be open minded” I tell them as if I have told them a thousand times. “Anyways, your power is to either use basic attack and defence mana based options or use other members power; for the tutorial at least” Jake explains. “So this is just the tutorial avatar” I return. Yes, but every tutorial avatar and proper avatars are different; as the tutorial avatar is randomised, to test your balance and skills” Jake answers me “So how do I begin.” “There are tests based on every aspects of the game down little details. Start with something bit more your speed, like a two vs. two match” Max requests.

 

As I select the ‘match’ set of tutorials or challenges as I prefer to think of them as, then start reading match editing options like so: Restriction, buffs, gravity, shielding, players, team, game modes, bonuses, rewards and even smaller details like shaders, skins, customisation, 10+ loadouts, play styles, genres, the list of possibilities went on. It was like a gamer who had looked at elements from other games had been ask to search them and report to the developers to make the ultimate game. The one thing that I couldn’t get my head around, was why it was so secret; for the best experience mix ever implemented.

 

For this match I just ticked the default pre-set, selected the players and started the match to be met with the loading display. As the arena was finalising before my very eyes; I was asked to select a strategy, the options were: All, half, limited or only 1 when referring to inventory/loadouts. I selected all and a countdown of ten seconds began, before any avatar could move. All four of us were ready to attack like starting a game of American football but with only two players each side. As I was neighboured by Ivan on a hilly-blocked-uneven set of blue wavy lined platforms (as if to represent a fictional computer process generated stage or basic VR stage without textures) As my thoughts finished dwelling, the match had begun.



© 2015 Toys Market


Author's Note

Toys Market
Tutorials, a basic match and learning bits about the game.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on November 12, 2015
Last Updated on November 12, 2015
Tags: science fiction, action, vr


Author

Toys Market
Toys Market

Australia



About
Welcome to Toys Market! We are a family-owned company based in Australia, specializing in offering families top-notch toys and games for over ten years. Moreover, we have a fantastic selection of scho.. more..

Writing