Moment In Time

Moment In Time

A Story by Person
"

It's a love story, baby just say ......................... yes.

"

 

In my darkest of hours, you make me see light. You’re smile warms my heart. You’re touch lingers in my skin. And your scent soothes and eases my fears away. I wait for you in the crowd, anxious, edgy, pacing and nervous. Why? I do not know. But then it happens. I see you and our eyes meet. Even in a sea of people, it is like we are the only two who truly exist. To each other at least. You keep your gaze on me, just like the first time those feelings flowed between us, connecting and intertwining our lives. You get closer and closer, and suddenly, you’re there. In front of everyone, but more importantly, in front of me. All my senses are on overload. Your smile melts the tension from my shoulders, the mischievous glint your eyes fuels my laughter (you’re up to something, I know). Your scent washes over me and suddenly every stress and pain and problem disappears. They don’t matter in our world. I drop the weight from my back to the ground and wrap my arms around your neck, burying my face in that crook. You surround me, gently, enough to let me know I can break this wonderful moment anytime I want, but strong enough to catch me, in case of those many bad days. Those arms, so strong, holding me together while I pick up the pieces that have strayed. I pull away and gaze at you, staring into your eyes, hoping to see into your soul, I suppose. You gaze back. Something you see makes you smile. Maybe you feel the moment is too intense for public eyes to see. Maybe you see a sadness that haunts my eyes, the sadness I hide from the world. Whatever it is, you smile at it and I smile back, whether it’s true or not. You rest forehead against mine, pushing the brim of your hat up off your face. I pull back and your arms drop to your sides. I pout in my head. We talk and my day shines bright. Does talking to me do the same for you? Now, our sad parting comes and lingers in the door, waiting for me to invite it in. I sigh and spill the sad truth that lies within us. We must part for a little while. Your smile fades and mine does the same. My lips touch yours and we part, my fingers trailing on yours until the distance separates us. Why do you have that hold? Is our connection that strong? You’re about to break down my last wall and I’m scared. Terrified you won’t like what you see. Will you? I wish you would have crushed me to you, cradled me like a child, like you never wanted to let go. I wanted you to kiss my forehead, assault my face with the silent and grazing touch of your lips. I want you to whisper sweet nothings in my ear. But you’re too private for that. Those tender and sweet moments that you shine for me to see are meant for me only. You are the strong and silent type, only a softie when I am looking. It’s cute and funny, because you carry two different personalities. In our private moments, we huddle together, no air or space between us. You crush me to your chest, cradling me. You kiss me wherever is visible and you whisper those three little words. And for a moment, my life is in equilibrium.

© 2009 Person


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow... This is actually really good, Katie. :P I like it. ^^

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 30, 2009

Author

Person
Person

About
Everything is possible. more..

Writing
Child's Feeling Child's Feeling

A Story by Person


Vulnerability Vulnerability

A Story by Person