The Lips In The Sky

The Lips In The Sky

A Poem by Immortal Beloved

I was sitting outside and it was warm and I enjoyed every bit of it.

Jamming to my new mix cd’s watching traffic go back and forth headbanging to metal, hip-hop, and r&b I was happy cause it was warm outside and I was out of the house perched on my stoop.

I was looking around at the cars passing by drinking a 24 oz Pepsi regular not diet cause I’s loves regular Pepsi.

And looked at the sky as H.I.M.’s "When Love And Death Embrace" came on and I saw two lips in the clouds and started to tear up.

I knew whose lips they were: Amy Jacobs and knew why they were there: to let me know that she was still with me.

So I switched tracks no I switched albums to something different I forget what might’ve been Fat Joe’s "So Much More" I think it was that yeah it was but I was so rattled by seeing those lips that I had to see them again and I did but when I looked again they were gone.

"Mmmmmmmmm thank you Amy thank you baby" I said to myself as I listened to my tunes crying some and finished with "I’ll see you in Heaven baby".

© 2009 Immortal Beloved


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on August 5, 2009

Author

Immortal Beloved
Immortal Beloved

Manchester, MD



About
My heroes are males and females who report that they were raped no matter how long ago it was you are my true heroes no matter what people say YOU guys are the true heroes!!! and you got my respect 10.. more..

Writing