Missing You

Missing You

A Poem by Iliana

Missing you with every fiber of my being. The way you feel beside me, the softness of your skin, the touch of your hands that told me you would catch me if ever I fall.

The smile on your face that said you loved me. I miss the look in your eyes that said you would never leave me. Now the holidays approach. The time for love, laughter and joy.

I miss the magic and the chemistry that never ended. I am not sure that this broken heart will ever be mended. I still dream of you. I hear your voice in the still of the night. I wish I may I wish I might, have the wish of you tonight.

I love you with all that I am. I wished for you and my wish came true. I miss our talks and our over the phone long walks. Moving on and moving up is lonely and I am more lost than ever before. you leave me wanting more.

More of what we had together. We were never given a chance. The chance to sing, the chance to dance, not even the chance to really romance.

© 2010 Iliana


Author's Note

Iliana
Be constructive and Honest please

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like this work. They say it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. Do you believe that is true? I am not sure. If you never had it, you wouldn't miss it and long for a return of those feelings if they are gone. Beautifully penned. I invoked feelings of missing someone in me too. Good Job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's more of a letter, but it has alot of emotion and love in it. You can really feel that you loved this person.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This reads more like a letter to someone than a poem. It doesn't really have any bump and flow to it. Like, any metric movement through it that would like the rhythm together. Sometimes, the best way to say something is to not come right out and simply as it, but rather to hint at it. To me it was more like a letter, and I knew everything you wanted to convey right away. I think that to really touch someone with what you're trying to say, that you need to leave a little open so that they can wrap themselves around the 'feeling' of the piece rather than just reading the words. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this work. They say it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. Do you believe that is true? I am not sure. If you never had it, you wouldn't miss it and long for a return of those feelings if they are gone. Beautifully penned. I invoked feelings of missing someone in me too. Good Job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
3 Reviews
Added on August 8, 2010
Last Updated on August 8, 2010

Author

Iliana
Iliana

Over the rainbow, FL



About
I am me. Want to know more? Ask me. more..

Writing
Sweet Release Sweet Release

A Poem by Iliana


I Am Me I Am Me

A Poem by Iliana