I Am Me

I Am Me

A Poem by Iliana

 I have a voice that I try to make heard. My words are hard to put together. I have a mind of my own. I have needs and feelings. 

You think I am acting out or being to loud. I am who I am, so accept me for me. My world is different and your reality my unexplored territory. I give you my story. 

I was brought here in the usual way. Yet I am different from the other kids. I am not like them I am me. I see things you may not. I have behaviors unexplored. I deserve to be adored. 

I am smart and fun. I am full of love and devotion. You see my face that has little emotion. I do have feelings and I love just like everyone else. I am me, I am in here. 

I may not look you in the eye or speak your name, but I know you and I am aware that you care. I love you mommy and daddy. Just be patient I will come to terms with your scary world. 

I am trying to express myself. I get frustrated when you don't get it. I am your son and will always be here. I am in here mommy, I know you are doing your best to understand. I will give you a helping hand. 

My mommy and daddy love me for who I am. I am a bright light, watch me shine. 

My disorder is not understood, but I know that I should. I don't get your big and scary world, but for you I will venture out and show everyone just who I am. 

I can't speak and I am not weak. I love you world, do you love or understand me? I can cry and I can try. Try to express what I feel and tell you who I 

© 2010 Iliana


Author's Note

Iliana
Be honest and constructive.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on August 8, 2010
Last Updated on August 8, 2010

Author

Iliana
Iliana

Over the rainbow, FL



About
I am me. Want to know more? Ask me. more..

Writing
Missing You Missing You

A Poem by Iliana


Sweet Release Sweet Release

A Poem by Iliana