Remembrance

Remembrance

A Poem by Iliana

 Thinking back on days and nights come to pass. I remember what I was doing and saying at this point on certain times. I see the imagery vividly. I hear her words, I feel her touch, I miss her eyes I want to give her my sweet surrender. 

I ask that she remember me. How we laughed and how we cried. I was yours and you were mine. The plans we made and the dreams we shared. I will hold forever, not knowing what tomorrow may bring me.

She whispered to me the love that we shared inside. The two people with so much love to share and to give to one another. I have never wanted to hold anyone so very much in all my life. I knew from that day forward, she was the one for me.

I sit and ponder the many paths I have traveled. Now my spirit is worn and tattered. To have that desire of that metal on my skin. I just wanted to feel alive again. She makes me breathless her smile, her stare, the warmth and tenderness of her care.

I told her my fears, my dreams, my one life's obsession. Love is all I crave . but it is not in my possession. I worried, I have wondered...does she think of me? Does she still feel the way she claims she did?

I believe she loved me and I know to a point, she still does. I don't want to let her go. I know that I will never feel same for another. I have fought and struggled and I keep holding on.

I faced my demons, I battled my self esteem. I love me, so why oh why can't she? She said she meant every word from the start. So, I gave her my heart. A bold move from one so torn apart. I gave her the benefit of the doubt. The trust I gave, the insecurities I ignored. I wonder if she was bored, but who would do the things she had done? Now, I am the one who needs to run.

Run from her, run from me. Run from all of those who refuse to see the connection. There is the love I still feel so why can't I cry, shed one tear from my eye

© 2010 Iliana


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on August 8, 2010
Last Updated on August 8, 2010

Author

Iliana
Iliana

Over the rainbow, FL



About
I am me. Want to know more? Ask me. more..

Writing
Missing You Missing You

A Poem by Iliana


Sweet Release Sweet Release

A Poem by Iliana