Stay With Me

Stay With Me

A Poem by Iliana

So much left unsaid and undone.  I thought my life had just begun. The days seemed like minuets, the minuets like seconds. What happened to the unconditional love?

The love I thought you had for me now I know was wrong. I should have seen that from the start. I go on with my life though I know you don't want me as your wife. I can only say this love. Would we have ever gotten that white dove?

The bird of love of forever. I guess I was dreaming of a fairy tale that just won't come to an end. I can only hope that one day my heart will mend. 

Because there are days that I feel so awfully low. I used to feel a glow just to think of you and know. 

To know I was yours and you loved me more than anything other than her. I thought you said your life is not complete with out me. So why am I always just a game to play?

I still wonder, am I worthy of your love? I guess I have my answer now that you moved on. You met someone new now that I am gone and your life will grow with her. That I know for sure. 

You said that you are a giver, of that I am not so sure. To think of you with someone else I just get a shiver.

I want to hold you and just be held. The comfort of your embrace. How could I have done it again? Made that same mistake. 

My very being withers away. I just wanted to stay. To work things out and not be cast out. Out of your house, out of your life, out of your love.

What we had was an answered prayer, but some of the univers's greatest gifts...are the unanswered prayers. I loved you from the start, so how could it all fall

© 2010 Iliana


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on August 8, 2010
Last Updated on August 8, 2010

Author

Iliana
Iliana

Over the rainbow, FL



About
I am me. Want to know more? Ask me. more..

Writing
Missing You Missing You

A Poem by Iliana


Sweet Release Sweet Release

A Poem by Iliana