HomeComing

HomeComing

A Story by Icelanna
"

Written in the first person, I am varying different narrative styles. Very short piece, half of an opening sequence.

"

Homecoming

 

   I found myself within these walls. The cold slabs of this place trapped me for weeks, maybe months. There was no meaning of time or dates in here, time was a routine signalled by screaming bells �" one was fixed beside my opaque door.

   For less educated patients they only knew the difference by the sun or the moons’ arrival in their square windows where they were placed to vegetate for hours and hours. My neighbour Kim was one of those patients and I read to her sometimes.

   My nurse Debbie is kind and caring; she’d wear her polyester white coated uniform with her clipboard almost fused to her breasts. From her cover she appeared mean, her arrowed lips pursed constantly and her drawn-on eyebrows would stay fixed in a surprised position. Though her expensive perfume would linger in your room once she left and you could hear her heels clacking on the marble floor frequently.

   Kim’s nurse was much different. Her face was round and wide, just like her figure. She would lose patients with capable patients and abuse the less fortunate disabled ones. I’ve witnessed her hands smash against the cheeks of Kim and her ruthless injections stabbed into her veins. I reported everything up until the day of my release.

My name is Millie, Millie Wisdom. I’ve been a patient here at Greenbanks SpringMeadows psychiatric unit since the divorce of my parents and death of my sibling Aleesha. She was two when her little heart stopped beating after swallowing a chunk of lego in the back garden �" my mother nor father failed to watch her and found her choked on our path. Her death, no matter how painful, caused my parents to divorce after blaming the death on each other.

   Today I was going home to see my family after my depression. My psychologist advised me to remain in contact in case of new depressive behaviour tendencies become apparent

© 2012 Icelanna


Author's Note

Icelanna
Do you think this should be continued?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Definitely! I'd love to continue reading. Keep the story steady and critical - meaning ; don't loose the story's theme.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Added on December 19, 2012
Last Updated on December 19, 2012
Tags: health, depression, death

Author

Icelanna
Icelanna

Wales, Caerphilly, United Kingdom



About
Hi guys! Sorry, I don't come on here all that often anymore. I'm busy in university and editing my book! I'm sorry If I haven't read any of your requests. Anyway, you can read the rest of "Madelin.. more..

Writing