Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ice-Fire

It was early morning and Jamie was doing her morning run along Mountain Street. She stopped at one of the stores and popped her head inside the door, "Hey Marianne! I'll be back in a bit... just gotta finish my run and catch a shower." 


The girl named Marianne lookedup from the box of chips that she was unloading on to a shelf and waved her off, 'See ya' she mouthed. 


Jamie continued on with her run and stopped at a park to catch her breath. Looking around she was suddenly bumped into, checking her pockets to make sure she wasn't pick-pocketed, which she wasn't. Looking behind her she saw some guy with blood on the back of his shirt, "Hey!" She called out to him.

---

Stopping and turning on his heel he looked fearfully around and saw who had just called out to him, she had run out to him asking if he was alright and that he had blood on the back of his shirt which meant that if he wasn't hurt that someone else was. He put up a hand to stop her rambling, "Please... s-stop talking," he said weakly.


She took a surprised step back, "A-are you alright?"


"I will be..." was all he said before he lunged towards her.

---

'Come on baby we ain't gonna live forever, let me show you all the things that we could do, you know you wanna be together and I wanna spend the night with you'


Jamie stirred listening to The Veronicas 4ever pulling her phone out of her pocket she answered it, "Marianne?"


"Jesus Christ Jamie! I've been trying to reach you for over two hours! Where are you? What happened?"


Opening her eyes she looked around, finally registering that she was in her own house in her bedroom. Getting out of bed she collapsed, "Ow, I'm at home, I seem to have ended up passing out, sorry Mari..." She said closing her eyes. Trying to get up again she heard her friend muttering a 'yea right.'


Sighing Marianne said, "Well if you aren't feeling well you don't have to come to work, I won't force you to."


"Okay, thanks Mari... Talk to ya later then," Jamie said pressing the end button and placing her phone on the nightstand next to her. She tried once again to get up and was finally able to. Exiting her room she smelled bacon cooking which had her curious, since she wasn't the one cooking it and she lived alone. Walking down the hallway with a hand on the wall so she could keep her balance she entered the livingroom, turning left she peered into the kitchen, "Who the hell are you?" She demanded, staring at the young man that she had met earlier.

---

Looking up from the newspaper he was reading he saw Jamie scowling at him while still wearing her jogging outfit that in some spots had been a little bloodied. He smiled saying, "Hello cousin, I assume you heard from Aunt Val that I was going to need a place to stay?"


Her scowl switched to a concered look, "You're my cousin Kyle?" To which he nodded and pulled out his I.D. so she'd believe him. Taking it from his hand he watched as she toyed with the card to make sure it was valid. Handing it back she asked, "So what happened earlier? I was asking you questions and you asked me to stop then you lunged at me... and I don't remember what happened after that." He frowned.


"Go look in a mirror, you'll see what happened." He said rather sadly.

---

"Why?" She asked sounded rather offended.


"Just do it, trust me on this."


Turning she walked out into the hallway and went back towards her room, but rather than entering her room she went for the bathroom that was towards the end of the hall. Opening the door she walked in and turned to face the mirror, gasping she touched her shoulder, the one that had some blood on it. Looking more closely at herself, she noticed two faint puncture marks on her neck, looking up at the reflection of her face she wondered what could have happened. Recalling what had happened, remembering that there was blood on her cousin's coat, 'Blood, why did he have blood on his coat?' She asked herself, not even noticing that her eyes had turned a bright maroonish color.


"Sorry cuz, I didn't mean to do it."


"Do what?" She turned on her heel surprised at the fact Kyle had snuck in the doorway. 

He pointed at the mirror, "Look at your eyes." Doing as he had instructed she gasped.


"What did you do to me?" She cried out trying as hard as she could not to fall. He took a step towards her and she couldn't hold herself up anymore, collapsing he caught her.


"I-I turned you into a vampire, I was so thirsty after traveling for so long without blood, and you came near me and I accidentally took a breath and smelled the blood pumping through your veins... I tried to fight the thirst but I failed." Kyle paused, licking his lips. "When I had finally come to my senses it was already too late, I had drained too much blood from you." He let go of her arm and turned her to face him. Gulping he continued on, "I grabbed your wallet to see who you were, then I saw your name, I had no choice but to change you... I'm so sorry Jamie."


Taking a step back out of her cousins reach she felt the fury within her rise up, the pain, the frustration and the realization that she could no longer be who she once was. Balling up her fist she took a quick step forward and punched Kyle square in the jaw before running out of the bathroom and to her own room where she stayed for the rest of the day and evening, crying.


Ding dong ding ding dong



© 2012 Ice-Fire


Author's Note

Ice-Fire
---A/N---
Where you see dashes it goes into the others PoV... in this chapter its going between Kyle and Jamie's PoVs...I might keep it this way, just going between Kyle and Jamie or I may put other peoples PoVs in, who knows. xD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on April 8, 2012
Last Updated on April 28, 2012


Author

Ice-Fire
Ice-Fire

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I'm Jenna, I live in Pittsburgh, PA. I'm 17, born April 3rd... My favorite colors are Purple Silver Black maroonish. I'm single, of course. Always have been. I pick who I want to be with. I can be qui.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ice-Fire


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ice-Fire


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Ice-Fire