Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Ice-Fire
"

Now Sierra doesn't have to worry about normal muggers and perverts, she also has to worry about demons which seem to be appearing around her. What will she do now?

"
*WEEE WOO WEE WOO* The ambulance alarms sounded as Sierra finished working on Kay and was beginning to patch Kris up. She looked around and noticed a few people looking frantic some even asking if 911 was called, Sierra cleared her throat and said loud enough to echo the room, "Of course 911 was called, I called them, now if you don't mind get out of this eternally accursed entrance! I need to concentrate." A few of the people left the store without a word, the others had to be ushered out by the manager and several of the workers. She checked Kris's pulse several times to make sure she was still alive, she did the same to Kay as well, they had weak pulses but it was still a pulse. She reached over to the little first aid kit and picked up the last little bit of gauze she had in there, "S**t!" She got up and ran to the isle and grabbed a lot more items that she needed. "I hope I don't get billed for saving these gals' lives." She started to run back to the girls but the lights started flickering, "Oh, f**k, better not be what I think it is," she frowned. She finally made it back to the entrance and the lights went out completely. She continued to work by touch, by the time she had finished patching up Kris the ambulance was outside and the workers were trying to get in. She went over to the doors expecting them to open, but the mechanism failed to work. She tried pushing the doors to no avail. finally she went over to one of the registers and picked up a baseball bat that the manager managed to snag off of a thief and threw it at the door, it bounced back. "God f*****g d****t," She tried pushing the door open again and saw the shadows move out of the corner of her eye, she looked at the peoples faces whom were staring behind her she payed no mind pounded on the door and started to continue to try to get the door opened. The power flickered again and she pushed and opened the door a little and quickly stuck the end of the bat in the 5 inch gap before it closed again. She kept pushing the door even when the lights went out again and managed to get it open to the point that she had to stick the bat long ways in the gap. The the EMTs rushed in and got Kay onto one of the carts and the door began to creak, Sierra looked and saw a wisp of a shadow trying to remove the bat without getting burned, she looked back at the EMTs who were starting to get frantic. "Hurry up a******s, or they won't make it and neither will you!" they began to run and got Kay into the ambulance and started running back to the store to get Kris. Sierra on the other hand was running to the registers again to get a flashlight that she spotted and eventually found it turning it on she pointed it at the shadow that was trying to remove the bat and watched it as it turned into smoke. The EMTs had Kay loaded into the ambulance by that time and Sierra ran out of the store with the flashlight and jumped into the ambulance, "Hey lady what do you think your doing?" The one EMT asked. She flipped him off and showed him her work ID. He nodded and went to the cab. Flipping open her cell she called the hospital, her manager Melinda answered, "Where the f**k are you Sierra?!?" I sighed and explained that I was on my way into work and asked if Miranda was around. "F**k no, she ran out of here saying you needed some stuff. And why the hell should I believe your explanations about demons? They don't exist."
"They do, and they tore these two women up, if you don't want to believe me, f*****g fine, you'll start doubting their existence when you see these wounds" I hung up on her fuming.

~About 15 mins later in the hospital ER~
"Goddamn, what the hell did this to these gals?" Asked one of the nurses, Sierra shook her head and frowned. I told them before that it was a demon but they bloody won't believe me, she sighed and continued to watch from behind the glass. Melinda looked at Sierra with apologetic eyes and said out loud, "Sierra may be right... maybe these ladies really were attacked by demons." The other doctors and even some of the nurses looked at her like she was crazy but then looked back down at the wounds and nodded real quick, continuing with their work.

~3 hours later in the staff room~
Melinda walked in carrying a bag of food from Subway. "Here, it's on me. You were right, I shouldn't have questioned you," She said looking guilty. Sierra waved at her to sit down. "It isn't your fault, I didn't believe demons even existed before today. But now I just wish today was just another day, another normal boring day."
She laughed, then looked down at the bag on the table and reached for it. "I know what you mean, you basically grow up believing one thing then have it unbelieven in a few measly minutes." The lights started to flicker, "Oh hell." Sierra saw a shadow out of the corner of her eye, got up then ran out of the room to Kris and Kay's room. She was half way down the hall when the lights completely went out, reaching into her pocket Sierra grabbed her flashlight and flipped it on continuing on down the hall. She reached the door looking in she saw the two were alright and just happened to turn to see a shadow dodge the beam of light.


© 2011 Ice-Fire


Author's Note

Ice-Fire
Another chapter, another day.... I may end up changin the Title of the Story...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

758 Views
Added on September 21, 2011
Last Updated on October 29, 2011


Author

Ice-Fire
Ice-Fire

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I'm Jenna, I live in Pittsburgh, PA. I'm 17, born April 3rd... My favorite colors are Purple Silver Black maroonish. I'm single, of course. Always have been. I pick who I want to be with. I can be qui.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ice-Fire


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ice-Fire


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Ice-Fire