Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Ice-Fire

Recap:

'Carmen, the Nightshade Pack's Alpha just called, he said that he and his family were running here in wolf form, he said that he was going to go the route you took to get onto his land and to tell you that. And that you'd understand...' He trailed off, I smiled.

'I was just thinking about that day... I'm already here and waiting.'

'Oh good. And I heard something from Aryanna that you were plotting revenge for your brother and your friend for leaving you?' I nodded and chuckled.

'Yea... haven't come up with anything yet... but when I do it'll be epic!' he chuckled then closed the link.

I reopened my eyes and slowly stood up, letting my body get used to moving around again before I looked upstream and waited patiently for the Alpha and his family.

~-~-~-~-~C4~-~-~-~-~-~

I waited for maybe ten minutes before I heard several wolves nearing, I stayed at the river-side and gazed at the water a little more while I waited for the wolves to make it to where I was, which took maybe ninety seconds. Closing my eyes I took a step  back and turned on my heel, my wolf began to freak for some unknown reason, so my being me held up a hand and made a 'one moment' action while I talked to my wolf.

'Melia, what's wrong?' I asked her, she huffed.

'Now you're paying attention, I've only been freaking out since the Night-Shade Pack's Alpha family passed the border.'

'Okay... And why exactly are you freaking out?'

'MATE!!!!' She squealed, I jumped and ended up landing on my a*s with my hand over my racing heart.

'Bloodied Hell! Did you have to squeal that loudly?Scared the crap outta me.' She giggled and I sighed shaking my head smiling slightly at her enthusiasm. 'Alright now calm down so I can meet our mate.' I felt her nod in the back of my mind before I opened my eyes.

Getting up off the ground I dusted myself off and straightened up a little, looking up at the family I saw they all were looking at me in amusement. I blushed slightly before I explained myself, "Sorry, had to chat with my wolf, she was freaking out. Then she scared the crap outta me by squealing loudly."

The Alpha chuckled and stepped forward, "It's a pleasure to see you again Carmen, I assume that you've been doing well?"

I grinned nodding, "Yes sir. Still scaring the daylights out of the innocents?" I asked cheekily. He playfully scowled then burst out laughing.

"There's no need for formalities Carmen. And I only scare the rogues, you know this." I chuckled before nodding.

"Well, would you like to introduce me to your family Mister. Jared? Or am I supposed to magically know their names?"

He blushed slightly as his mate laughed, "Right, well my mate here is Ivy. Ivy, this is Carmen, the girl who came onto our land three years ago. My son, who has his sister on his back because his sister wanted to be lazy, is Spade and his sister is Sarina."

The Luna, Ivy, huffed and turned on her heel, "Sarina, get off of your brother so he can shift back!"

"But mom!"

No buts missy. Off." She said, swiping her pointer finger to the ground. Sarina huffed. I walked over towards the Luna smiling and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"It's fine Miss. Ivy. We really should be making our way to the pack house, so we're going to have to shift anyways." I said as the breeze picked up behind us. I snapped my head around as I caught the stench of rogues and dropped to the ground slightly growling quite threateningly. My wolf started showing through and I felt my claws extend as a partial shift took over.

'ALPHA! ROGUES!' I shouted through the pack link so everyone in the pack could hear. 'I have the Nightshade Pack's Alpha Family with me!'

I heard several growls and tuned out of the link so I could keep focus. I looked over the river as several pairs of blood-red eyes started to show. I growled again, letting the rogues know that I wasn't going to play. I stepped in front of the Luna and partially shielded her with my body.

Even though she wasn't a part of my family by blood, I know for a damn good fact that she is my mate's mother and I most certainly won't let anything happen to her. Especially since she's a guest. The rogues got closer to the river and the closer they got the more control my wolf had. They eventually jumped the river and I fully shifted into my wolf and took out the rogue that landed right in front of me. Ripping his jugular out before it could even have a chance to regain balance.

I growled and lowered my body to the ground getting ready to pounce as my right ear flicked, I heard several of the pack guards start to near. Focusing back on the rogues I watched them all as they glared at me, growling. I snarled when one of them began to inch closer.

That caused him to snap, he lunged and I waited until he was right over me and I jumped up grabbing a maw full of his throat and slammed him onto the ground and locked my jaw and pulled my head back. Ripping the very fur and flesh from his body. I leapt forward as two more rogues jumped at me and I spun quickly around and ripped a chunk of furry flesh off of one of the rogues' hind legs.

He howeld in pain and I just growled. I felt another rogue behind me and partially shifted back into my human form and did a back flip on the rogue behind me, grabbing the back of his neck and flung him towards a tree just over the river, grinning slightly as I heard a crack. the remaining five wolves growled and I snarled back. All five of them charged at me and I dropped to the ground as they pounced and heard a splash as they all hit the water.

They all yelped as they became aware of the icy cold water. I spun on my heel and slapped my hand onto the water, and began to use one of my vampire's abilities. I started to cause the water to become colder and colder with the rogues in it until it had become a solid block of ice. I dropped onto one knee huffing slightly as my wolf gave me back full control of my body and began to regain my composure. Swiping a hand over my mouth I wiped away the blood at my mouth and melted a small portion of the ice so I could clean the blood off of myself a little.

Standing up I turned and saw the pack warriors standing around the Nightshade Pack's Alpha family. I nodded and shifted into my wolf, opening the link to the pack.

'Handled.' I tuned back out of the the link and began to walk back towards the pack house, I stopped just past the Alpha and his family and turned slightly, and made a 'this way' gesture. And continued on my way to the pack house.



© 2013 Ice-Fire


Author's Note

Ice-Fire
~-~-~-~-~-~A/N~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Phew. That was, rough. I was actually imagining the fight in my mind as I was writing and and damn, I've got one hell of an adrenaline rush right now... that was seriously brutal. Let me know what ya'll think! :)

Ice

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on December 9, 2013
Last Updated on December 9, 2013


Author

Ice-Fire
Ice-Fire

Pittsburgh, PA



About
I'm Jenna, I live in Pittsburgh, PA. I'm 17, born April 3rd... My favorite colors are Purple Silver Black maroonish. I'm single, of course. Always have been. I pick who I want to be with. I can be qui.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ice-Fire


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ice-Fire


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Ice-Fire