Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

A Poem by Chad
"

It was inevitable.

"

Waiting for that moment I know will never come is like asking God to take his place. For God does not succumb, not unlike all the pain I retain inside. Surely, I will miss you more than happiness. I would rather you be happy in my stead, instead of the reverse. God blessed me with this curse and God does not succumb, not unlike the hate I create to compensate for all the pain I retain inside. If I were not to wait in vain. Any amount of waiting would be worth the pain. I would rather feel pain in your stead, instead of the reverse. I curse the days I did not know you, until the day I stood before you. I tried so hard to win you over. Needless to say, the only thing I won was a losing game. Oh, how shameless, how painless a victory. To reach the gates of Heaven only to be denied entry. Yet I have been outside looking in for only a few seconds in the blackest box of happiness the night has ever seen. Waiting for God to finally succumb is like asking me to take his place. For I know it will never come.

© 2008 Chad


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on April 7, 2008

Author

Chad
Chad

Fort Wayne, IN



About
Been writing seriously for like two years. I skateboard, play baseball, work, and write and that's about it, really. more..

Writing
Six Feet Six Feet

A Poem by Chad


Endure Endure

A Poem by Chad


Shades of Gray Shades of Gray

A Poem by Chad