What My Heart Has Come to Fear

What My Heart Has Come to Fear

A Poem by Chad
"

Truth hurts

"

When you fall asleep tonight, will you think of me as I think of you now? Will you even know I exist? If I died tonight, would I die happy? Let me not know the answers, for my heart always has, and always will, fear the truth. As good as the truth my be for the soul, I do not have one. I do not even have a heart to harbor it. They have been stripped from me, like clothes from a harlot. I’ve tasted and wasted love and life away into the abysmal black. For my heart always has, and always will, fear the truth. Like love fears hate, and hate fears nothing. It seems redundant to fear anything at all. Anything but the truth, and so my heart has come to fear it. Like Man fears Hell, and Hell fears spirit. Yet, Hell is full, for Man has no spirit. Like I have no soul. It has been stripped from me, like dignity from a vagrant. Like spirit from Man. Like truth from my soul. Have I not given enough to get anything in return? If I died tonight, would I die happy? Let me not know the answers, for my heart always has, and always will, fear the truth. As good as the truth may be for the soul. I have nothing left inside. Not even a heart to harbor wholesome feelings. It seems redundant to harbor any feelings at all when they will only be stripped away. Like clothes from a harlot. For my heart always has, and always will, fear the truth. Let me ask of God that it not remain that way forever. Yet, let my heart and soul be returned to their rightful owner. Is that what my future holds? Let me not know the answer. For my heart always has, and always will, fear the truth. Do you fear me? Do you even know I exist? If I died tonight, would I die happy? Let me not know the answers. For I fear the truth.

© 2008 Chad


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on April 7, 2008

Author

Chad
Chad

Fort Wayne, IN



About
Been writing seriously for like two years. I skateboard, play baseball, work, and write and that's about it, really. more..

Writing
Six Feet Six Feet

A Poem by Chad


Endure Endure

A Poem by Chad


Shades of Gray Shades of Gray

A Poem by Chad