Last One Standing

Last One Standing

A Poem by Chad
"

Am I but a puppet in the hands of God?

"

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death. I realize that I am the last one standing. I’ve come too far to fall, too far to be reduced to a crawl. I am the last one standing and I will die before I crawl. I will not let Satan see such weakness, but I will show God such strength as to accept circumstances I cannot control. Yet, I would walk through Death’s door and deliver him my soul to control circumstances I cannot accept. God, grant me such strength to stay my feet. For I would rather stand in Death’s shadow than walk through his door, and I will die before I crawl. I’ve come too far to fall. Though I stand in the valley of the shadow of Death. I am the last one, And Both Death Nor Justice May Justly Reach Across to take me. I would rather them both take me at the same time. God, grant me strength to accept circumstances I cannot control, and I will stand no more.

© 2008 Chad


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on April 7, 2008

Author

Chad
Chad

Fort Wayne, IN



About
Been writing seriously for like two years. I skateboard, play baseball, work, and write and that's about it, really. more..

Writing
Six Feet Six Feet

A Poem by Chad


Endure Endure

A Poem by Chad


Shades of Gray Shades of Gray

A Poem by Chad