My Best Friend

My Best Friend

A Poem by Ella

I tried to write your name in the dark
in hopes you'd see it with your heart
but it was full with the absence of her 
and you were more broken than I thought.

So when the darkness cleared 
and the sun shined through
all that was left was our broken hearts
resting, in the palms of our hands
tears in our eyes
and sadness written on our minds.

© 2020 Ella


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a really solid and good write, with a bittersweet sadness as an after taste.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Absolutely amazing. Short and sweet and a job well done at conveying your message!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is an emotional and a beautiful poem..I really liked the way you wrote it..And you are really an incredible writer..I liked it because somewhere I felt that I can relate myself to everything that you said in this poem..
Keep on writing..

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ella

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much. Glad you enjoyed it, I'll do my best to upload some more pieces
Riddhi

6 Years Ago

Your welcome...
Sensitivity to your expressed thoughts, feelings, and emotions surge through my senses, opening my heart to you in ways that wish my own compassion, empathy, and understanding could embrace and sweep the loneliness, pain, and sorrow from your being away.
Yet, life is such that we must learn how to face and overcome such poignant devastation of spirit, each in our own way(s) in those troubling moments after losing a dear loved-one.
Still, Ella, we tend to lean toward that which offers comfort and respite … those, too, whom can and are most willing to afford a gentle place to fall and offer peace and ease of mind, heart, and soul from what can seem unbearable burdens. At least, until we can regain our footing.
Ya know? We may learn to deal with the loss of a best friend, but we'll always love and miss them fondly, too, for all our days.
Ella, in reading through your poetry, it is evident you are a very deep soul, certainly mature in your feeling, emotion, and expression of them far beyond your tender years, else-wise you could not compose such amazingly impacting poetry.
The syntax (wording, flow, order presented, etc) of your work, indeed, shows considerable skill, potential, and appeal to the practiced eye. I sincerely hope you'll continue studying, learning, and composing poetry, because you are a sure winner.
When time and desire allow, please, come over and wander through some of my stuff … maybe, leave a personal touch (or two) here and there. : )

Thank you most gratefully, Dear Poetess, for the pleasure of sharing your excellently rendered work in this entreating piece … hugs 'n blessings, and "A Happy Valentine's Day to You, Ella!" ⁓ Richard

Posted 6 Years Ago


This poem is really deep and melancholic (sad).
SADNESS WRITTEN ON OUR MINDS.
It sums up some emotionally difficult times people live through nowadays.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ella

6 Years Ago

Thank you! This is one of my favorite pieces. I'm glad you liked it. This comes from a personal expe.. read more
BlackPrince

6 Years Ago

YES, YOU'VE DONE IT REALLY WELL!
This is a poem I can wholeheartedly relate to. If anything, it speaks to me completely in light of a situation that still creeps up on me occasionally, despite happening in the not-recent present -- the loss of a close friend.

This work is raw and as real as the topic suggests, and I admire you more for pulling through to write it. Good work, Ella.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ella

7 Years Ago

Thank you for taking the time to read this and even more for the review. Its gives me a bittersweet .. read more
I don't know what to say, because I know I can't heal the hole in your heart that has been created by the loss of her... I just want to tell you that keep on moving, stand strong and try to write your heart out my frnd... I hear the sadness in your words Ella...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ella

7 Years Ago

I poured my heart into this piece and it brings me joy, in a strange kind of way, to know that peopl.. read more
Beautiful poem. I can relate myself with this prose. Best friends are extremely hard to find in this world and they are rare gems in our life.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ella

7 Years Ago

Thank you! :)
I'm amazed just how you managed to put so many emotions into so few words, it really got to me. Love it, great piece as usual Ella.
Stay strong.

// O

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Ella

7 Years Ago

Thank you so Much.I hope I was able to convey my story well. I appreciate your kind words and trust .. read more
Very interesting quality of work I see here. I like how you have crafted this and makes it wonderful. I like how you have added the great sadness of love throughout this write. Keep on going.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ella

7 Years Ago

Thanks this piece is very personal. I'm glad you liked it.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1029 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 30, 2016
Last Updated on October 15, 2020
Tags: sad, love, bestfriend, in love, depression, love sick, heartbroken, friend

Author

Ella
Ella

KY



About
Hello everyone. If you haven't figured it out yet, my name is Ella. I'm just a girl who enjoys writing and reading every once and a while. Like everyone, what you see on the surface doesn't alwa.. more..

Writing
Happiness Happiness

A Poem by Ella


Moon's Decay Moon's Decay

A Poem by Ella



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..