Chapter 17: A time of growth

Chapter 17: A time of growth

A Chapter by Helen


And so it was that Helen and Michael were together at the end of the dark days, and they had their own share of soul sickness to overcome. But it was through their trials that the truth was revealed, little by little, as the light shone through. 

Helen found comfort and healing in ritual, and in the two small objects from her childhood that she was amazed had remained with her over her tumultuous and turbulent life. She lit candles and burnt fires, and with the burnt offerings went old ideas, ushering in space and hope for the new. Helen held the small clay figure that her grandmother had given to her, and she wondered about the secrets that it held so close to its heart, and the wistfulness she could see in its deep and dark blue eyes. She also still had the teddy bear that had been placed in her cot when she was a baby. She looked at the bear sometimes, and thought that if he could talk, he would be able to fill in the missing pieces of her life, having been there all the time, witnessing it all. 

Closer still to the end of the dark days, Wounded Child started to moan, and Helen fell into a dark depression, desperately seeking to connect with the children within her, and to hear what they needed to say. It took some time for her to understand that Wounded Child needed an adult to help her grieve, but eventually the penny dropped and Helen realised what she needed to do. 

“I am ready to take responsibility now” she said, “and I will give you all the time you need.” And so it was that Helen at last began to grow up. And, as it is when we act with courage, little gifts from the Universe came her way from time to time. 



© 2021 Helen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

11 Views
Added on January 3, 2021
Last Updated on January 4, 2021
Tags: fairy story, personal growth. healing, addiction, alcoholism, childhood trauma, recovery


Author

Helen
Helen

Luton, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom



About
When I joined WritersCafe, I originally posted the poems I had written as part of my personal healing journey - childhood trauma to alcoholism to recovery. I wasn't sure if my writing would be of inte.. more..

Writing
Lost Souls Lost Souls

A Poem by Helen


Life and Soul Life and Soul

A Poem by Helen