Chapter 10: The deep sleep

Chapter 10: The deep sleep

A Chapter by Helen

Taking a single giant leap, the frog took Leana to the tree, and to joyful reunion with her friends. Leana was becoming more accustomed to the magic, and to the lows and highs of her emotions and of her journey, but she was always surprised by the intensity of her love for Wounded Child. The two girls hugged each other tightly, before Leana introduced the frog to her companions. 

“It is time.” said the frog “It is time for resting and for restoring. It is time to prepare for all that must be done. It is time to return to your homelands.” 

And so it was, in just three mighty leaps, that fate was sealed. Centuries of destruction would unfold before the friends would meet again. The reign of Lord Pompadour was long indeed, and no amount of magic could halt its dark progress, until the time was right. 

And so it was that young Mary started to make her way home, and found that she was not too young for the attention of the guards after all. News of her rape and murder would never reach her mother and father, but the grass on the ground and the leaves on the trees mourned her, and her pure and innocent spirit was released into the Universe, where she waited for any opportunities to help restore goodness. 

And so it was. 

And so it was that a small boy lay safe in the arms of Sliabh Na Mban, sleeping and waiting, absorbing the nourishment from the land, which was of green and earthy red.

And so it was. 

And so it was that two small girls, aged about six and eight also lay sleeping, entwined in each other’s arms, under the Mighty Oak, safe under the protection of the Mother of Light and the Mother of Dark. 

And so it was. 

And so it was that time passed. 




© 2021 Helen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
Added on January 3, 2021
Last Updated on January 4, 2021
Tags: fairy story, personal growth. healing, addiction, alcoholism, childhood trauma, recovery


Author

Helen
Helen

Luton, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom



About
When I joined WritersCafe, I originally posted the poems I had written as part of my personal healing journey - childhood trauma to alcoholism to recovery. I wasn't sure if my writing would be of inte.. more..

Writing
Lost Souls Lost Souls

A Poem by Helen


Life and Soul Life and Soul

A Poem by Helen