Chapter 1: Destiny

Chapter 1: Destiny

A Chapter by Helen

For now, at least, Leana would stay close to the frog, and to Teddy, who had been her most precious and faithful companion. She felt a deep joy within her soul, but also a remnant of sadness for all the times that had been lost and now were passed. Teddy saw her sadness, and he reached up and wiped a small tear from the corner of Leana’s eye. The frog had seen too and, in a flash, his tongue darted out and licked the tear from Teddy’s paw. It was this that created the magic. The three elements had thus been joined, causing a spell which brought down a green mist which surrounded the trio. 

Leana closed her eyes and inhaled the mist, feeling as she breathed, the loving, healing power, which she absorbed into every cell in her small, delicate body. She sensed that the mist was changing her, renewing her cells and her very being. She had never known such peace, or such certainty that her life was unfolding as it should. She opened her eyes, and saw that here own transformation was reflected in her companions. Teddy’s eyes were alive, and they were sparkling with a sense of mischief that he had always kept so well hidden before. As for the frog, he had changed beyond all recognition. He now glowed with a golden sheen, too bright for most people to be able to look at for long, but not too bright for Leana and Teddy, for his golden sheen matched the shine in their own eyes. 

Leana took in the scene. She felt rooted, not only in the moment, but also in the knowledge that her destiny was secure, that she had been reunited with her spirit guides, and that they would never leave her. Somewhere, in the recesses of her mind, Leana puzzled over the part of the story she knew was still missing. “A boy”, she thought. A young boy was waiting for her. He knew her companions and he knew her, and he was waiting somewhere in a land of green and earthy red, waiting on a grassy bank and chewing thoughtfully on a blade of grass. Leana’s image of the boy was hazy. “Garsoon”, she thought, “His name is Garsoon”. She half-remembered a time that they had been together before, even though she knew they had never met - except, perhaps, in a dream. 

Her thoughts were interrupted, “It’s time”, said Teddy, “It’s time for joy and it’s time for healing and it’s time for loving”. Teddy smiled and took Leana’s hand. Once more, the two friends climbed up on the frog’s back, wondering where the day would take them. 

But weeks had passed, and Leana still had no idea where they were going or why. She took a small mosaic from her pocket, adding a few more pieces. It was certainly beginning to take shape. She added some greens and purples and blues, and she began to notice some words appearing. 

FOLLOW THE SECRETS OF YOUR HEART, LEANA, YOU NEED TO DETERMINE THE COURSE OF EVENTS 


Leana gasped “Of course!” she thought, “I did know that! I did know that I held the key to my own destiny.” 


Teddy was watching her closely, for he also knew. And he knew that Leana would have to navigate her way through good times and bad, and that she would have to face her darkest fears. And he felt for her, but he also knew that she could do it. Indeed, he was beginning to feel that she could do anything. 







© 2021 Helen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is incredibly creative! Wow! I'm impressed with how you straddle the line between telling a fairy tale & also having this come across as something significantly applicable to getting thru real life . . .

Posted 3 Years Ago


The characters and the story lines are so good. You give enough in the chapter to create meaning and understanding. I liked the gaining of the confident of the young girl. Thank you dear Helen for sharing the amazing chapter.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


This chapter was very uplifting, Helen. I felt the love between the three. A love that was unconditional and just pure love. The frog and the teddy are the closest one can get to that kind of love and Leana is lucky to have them even though they can just support her in her struggles but not eliminate them for her.
Her sensing of Garsoon is very much like my sensing my previous life and its participants. They remain shadowy and not vivid. But the soul remembers its mates. I strongly related to this chapter.
I like the way you illustrate your story with those cute sketches!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Helen

3 Years Ago

Thank you Divya, love your review. I wish I could draw, but my talents do not lie that way so my ill.. read more
Ayvid N

3 Years Ago

I can imagine that already. The story is going to go deep. The simple and child-like narration then .. read more
Helen

3 Years Ago

We remain eternally us :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 3, 2021
Last Updated on January 4, 2021
Tags: fairy story, personal growth. healing, addiction, alcoholism, childhood trauma, recovery


Author

Helen
Helen

Luton, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom



About
When I joined WritersCafe, I originally posted the poems I had written as part of my personal healing journey - childhood trauma to alcoholism to recovery. I wasn't sure if my writing would be of inte.. more..

Writing
Lost Souls Lost Souls

A Poem by Helen


Life and Soul Life and Soul

A Poem by Helen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..