PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

A Chapter by TheWritingHawk
"

It's times like these you better thank the God above you're still alive.

"
The day was new. Dawn crept over the city like a flame progressing through a forest. Everything engulfed was thrown into light; all except for one area. The place in which no light would ever shine. Darkness surrounded the broken houses and crumpling apartment complexes. The land never grew anything but weeds and thistles. Even the people were different. Invisible borders set themselves across the shadows, ensuring no one from the upper levels would cross into the slums and vice versa. The city was broken into two. 
In a small house just beyond the darkness crept two shadows. A window shattered but no one would hear; everyone in the upper was still asleep. All around the sky was tainted with color. The shadows, now in the house, were seen more clearly. One’s blonde hair shined in the sunlight while the others’ remained as black as the shadowed land they had come from. Their faces were alert, fully aware of the danger they were in. Their eyes, one set grey, one deep violet, searched the house.
A few miles back a land already filled with light stood quite. Many small canyons etched their way into the grassy hills. A particularly rocky crop off the hills protected the split city below. Looking to the north, a girl stood tall and proud on a ridge known to the people quite plainly as Lookout Ridge. Her face was stained with uncertainty and confusion yet determination played a role as well. Her hair flew behind her in a graceful curve, highlighting the yellow stripes against the black.
Further along the continent, over a merciless ocean sat an island. Buildings littered the small ground, scattered randomly throughout the trees. Night was still upon them and all was silent. A student wandered into the grounds and stared at the sky, thoughts crossing her mind no one else would ever understand. Her green eyes were foggy; a small wind rustled her night clothes under the flowing blue coat she never took off. 
In a whole different setting, a length beyond human comprehension, a large building filled with lights lay sitting over an abandoned sea. Here, night progressed through the cities; opposite to the previous state of the world. People rushed into their homes, a final goodbye to the setting sun. A man walked out of the well-lit building, sorrow engulfing his dark featured face. He stared at the coming moon, his brown eyes pleading for some kind of answer. A woman rushed out behind him, but stopped just a few feet away as the man fell to his knees and cried out. A set of black eyes watched them from the inside.
Finally, yet another land greeted the morning sun warmly. Leaves blew in the persistent wind. A much smaller town lay beneath the eyes of a petit girl. Blue cat ears peeked out from her thick brown locks; they twitched slightly. Her light brown eyes were covered by tan skinned lids as she breathed in the coming day.
"This day will bring the revolution. The new coming time of change." A white wolf howled.
“Their fates are decided.” The winds gossiped.
“Their destinies tied.” The trees sang.
A chorus of howls chimed together and from that day, the most unlikely matches were intertwined by the fates and destinies of those past.

The day we all became one.


© 2011 TheWritingHawk


Author's Note

TheWritingHawk
Enjoy!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on August 13, 2011
Last Updated on August 13, 2011


Author

TheWritingHawk
TheWritingHawk

CA



About
I love writing...duh if I didn't I wouldn't be here... I also draw my own characters out and I really want to get published. I cry when I kill my characters to:D more..

Writing