You Are My Strip Of Light

You Are My Strip Of Light

A Poem by Hannah

Dark, intimidating shadows loom.

As a painful silence stains the room.

The disturbed lie awake as demons posses their mind,

as they fear for tomorrow and what grief they will find.

A blinding light pierces through the curtain like a knife,

and it reminds me of you my one reason for life.

The room can not drown into the darkness when there is that intense, white, light,

so I will stay with you no matter how hard the fight.

I dread the day that the curtains seal shut,

as my life will then end with the deepest cut.

© 2014 Hannah


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What your ongoing theme seems to be is fear, fear of losing something that you have recently found do not fear losing it enjoy it revel in it dream about it This iis "the first day iof the rest of your life" Carpe Deim (sieze the day) it will not come again! I do not avocate an abandament of principals, no that is not my meaning all I am saying is you are much too young to fear every new emotion that comes along---- but only you can decide which to keep and which to discard let fear of hurt by loving be one of them This is a well thought out and expressive write you have talent let it shine girl let it shine!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

So dark and emotional but really good and the words you use really are great :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


A amazing poem. In so few words you create a powerful story and wrote with great emotion and sadness.
"A blinding light pierces through the curtain like a knife,
and it reminds me of you my one reason for life."
The small things in a life are the reasons we feel alive and well. A smile from a friend. A touch of a hand from a child can rebirth hope. Light can come from many directions. Need to live with open eyes. A excellent poem. Thank you. You made me think once again.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What your ongoing theme seems to be is fear, fear of losing something that you have recently found do not fear losing it enjoy it revel in it dream about it This iis "the first day iof the rest of your life" Carpe Deim (sieze the day) it will not come again! I do not avocate an abandament of principals, no that is not my meaning all I am saying is you are much too young to fear every new emotion that comes along---- but only you can decide which to keep and which to discard let fear of hurt by loving be one of them This is a well thought out and expressive write you have talent let it shine girl let it shine!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1491 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2011
Last Updated on January 20, 2014

Author

Hannah
Hannah

About
Hannah, 15. New Zealand. I'd love anyone to review my poems I really aprreciate it, thanks. :) more..

Writing
Guilt Guilt

A Poem by Hannah


Society Society

A Poem by Hannah



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fringe Fringe

A Poem by Robin


Ride Ride

A Poem by Robin