You Are My Strip Of Light

You Are My Strip Of Light

A Poem by Hannah

Dark, intimidating shadows loom.

As a painful silence stains the room.

The disturbed lie awake as demons posses their mind,

as they fear for tomorrow and what grief they will find.

A blinding light pierces through the curtain like a knife,

and it reminds me of you my one reason for life.

The room can not drown into the darkness when there is that intense, white, light,

so I will stay with you no matter how hard the fight.

I dread the day that the curtains seal shut,

as my life will then end with the deepest cut.

© 2014 Hannah


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What your ongoing theme seems to be is fear, fear of losing something that you have recently found do not fear losing it enjoy it revel in it dream about it This iis "the first day iof the rest of your life" Carpe Deim (sieze the day) it will not come again! I do not avocate an abandament of principals, no that is not my meaning all I am saying is you are much too young to fear every new emotion that comes along---- but only you can decide which to keep and which to discard let fear of hurt by loving be one of them This is a well thought out and expressive write you have talent let it shine girl let it shine!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wonderful poem with a very sad messaeg. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Another sad, yet brilliant poem.
Its like you're scared of losing someone dear to you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful as always, your a great writer, never stop!! I could read your peoms all day! NO JOKE!! You bring out such feeling and hated, its wonderful :')

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think this is my favorite so far. Making me miss this person hahaha

Posted 13 Years Ago


whoa this is very powerful and shows a lot of emotion once again you have done an outstanding job :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


Again Short and powerful, just like the previous piece I reviewed Wonderful Job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awe... The fear of losing someone. I understand. If we happen to love somebody so much, the fear of losing them grows in our hearts.

Oh Hanna! What a lovely poem. You're impressive! I love all your poems. I enjoyed reading them all :)

Feel free to send me your read requests anytime. I would be glad to read all your writings!

Thanks for sharing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


We all have moments when the darkness seems to swallow us, isolating us with our fear. If we are lucky, we look up long enough to see that strip of light that is always there, although the details may change. great work, Hannah!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is very deep, dark, and I think we definately get the feel of what you would like us to get. really sounds beautiful.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The metaphor used in this poem is powerful. Amazing.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1490 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2011
Last Updated on January 20, 2014

Author

Hannah
Hannah

About
Hannah, 15. New Zealand. I'd love anyone to review my poems I really aprreciate it, thanks. :) more..

Writing
Guilt Guilt

A Poem by Hannah


Society Society

A Poem by Hannah



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Blackbirds Blackbirds

A Poem by Robin


Hey There Hey There

A Poem by Chelsea