Why so sick?

Why so sick?

A Story by Hanin

   Even though the disease was discovered, scientists and researchers are still looking for the exact cause behind it as well as for ways to treat affected individuals. Yet, and in spite of their continuous efforts they still have a long way to go before reaching their destination. Hence, few questions arise. Out of which we can cite: How effective scientific discoveries are? And to what extent can they be trusted? Will there ever be a cure to such a disease? And until the day a cure is found, how are people like myself supposed to live? Isn’t it unfair to spend one’s entire life stuck at the same place? Obviously not asking such questions becomes the best way to avoid despair but everyone has those times when such questions stick in their heads.

    Here we are living and we will continue living holding onto a thin thread of hope that there will come a day when a cure is found. That day is when I and the likes of me will be able to live not a perfect life but a very simple normal one.

 

© 2016 Hanin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on August 26, 2016
Last Updated on August 26, 2016

Author

Hanin
Hanin

Gafsa, Tunisia



About
I am a student of English at university and I enjoy writing so I thought it would be great to join you all. more..

Writing
D D

A Story by Hanin


Her star Her star

A Poem by Hanin