The Cosmic Horror at the Foot of my Bed

The Cosmic Horror at the Foot of my Bed

A Story by Anthony Schadegg
"

My first fiction story that I was proud of, describing a entity called SP harassing a unfortunate victim with paralysis and visions.

"

The cosmic horror at the Foot of my bed


My name is Porter Myers. For the past few months I have had the displeasure of constantly seeing a creature at the foot of the bed. This creature has had the ability to make sure I can’t move and make my horrible nightmares a reality. I'm not really mentally prepared to write about details just yet.

I have gotten into the habit of calling it SP. it’s impossible to know exactly how old it is, probably the age of the planet, but I don't know. It has gray and flaky human skin. It's like it’s wearing a dead human as a skin suit, that’s struggling to stick on. It's about 20 feet tall in height and if it stands up straight, its head will break through the roof. So instead, it squats down like a frog, and snaps its long, dry neck in five spots, creating a horrible cracking sound as it leans in close to my face. It grins, showing me its razor-like, bloody, rotting teeth and dark, empty voids for eyes. He has long, skinny arms that are almost like branches and boney fingers the length of his pen. Sometimes to start things off he will slowly creep its arm towards me, touching my face with the tips of his icy cold fingers. 

His body is also covered in multiple types of holes, and if you watch for long enough, you get to see worms crawling inside and out. it might be one of the things keeping the creature alive, living like a hive mind within the shell. Alongside that he has extremely large blisters, about the size of a sports ball, and it's clear enough to see the unnatural yellow liquid float inside. Through his body you can see 10 of its ribs, like it's starving itself, always hungry. He has spikes all over its body, very close to piercing through its skin. It seems like it’s holding onto its life by a thread.

Over these few months I’ve pinpointed its main abilities. It first always has to paralyze me, making sure I can't escape or fight back in any way. This also makes it very difficult to get air, making it feel like you're on the verge of death. You won't be let out of its grasp for either a few seconds or a few hours. It's also been able to learn about some of my most horrible fears in the world. 

For long sessions there is burning alive, getting Alzheimer's, and having everyone I love hate me, as contenders for some of the worst ones. He will stare at me as I’m on fire, watching my face as it slowly melts off, dripping down my cheeks like candle wax. I'm unable to scream out, having lost the ability to speak, and so I silently experience this hell, without being able to do anything about it. 

He will make it so I feel like I’m in stage 3 of getting Alzheimer's, not letting me remember my past in any way. Not being able to remember what I look like, what my mother looks like, what all my loved ones look like. I forget how to speak, what numbers are, what happened just a few minutes ago and soon enough, I don't even know what happened a few seconds ago. My entire life has been reduced to this one moment, staring at this giant entity, sadistically grinning as I lose everything. 

As for everyone hating me, this can go on for just the morning he has me or for the entire day. I hear the voices of my mother, my best friend, everyone in my life speaking about how much they hate me and how much they wish I was already dead, digging into my worst anxieties about myself and about how I feel about them. Rarely, I get to see them, and they will do things from spitting on me to stabbing me in the stomach and ripping out my entrails, using them as party stringers for a celebration over the fact that I'm finally out of their life.

But for the moments where he paralyzes me for only a few seconds, he has to make them count. So he digs into my smaller fears. Being buried alive is one of them. I'm covered head to toe in dirt and am unable to move over the course of 5 seconds. I starve to death, my skin starts falling off, worms start to eat what is left of my body, and soon only my teeth are left. I have to be conscious through all of this, until I’m finally allowed to move again. The second one is my fear of spiders. It’ll cover me head to toe in black widows and tarantulas. They crawl all over my body, spreading silky webs over me, nibbling off my skin, shooting their venom into me, and creating a horrible burning sensation all over my body. The final fear is heights. He removes the bed from the room, lifting me all the way into the sky, until I start running out of oxygen. So if he has any amount of time with me, he will traumatize me.

I've tried everything to get rid of him. At first I tried regular sleeping pills. I heard from the doctor that it might have been because I wasn't getting enough sleep and my body was trying to force itself to sleep. But unfortunately, it didn't work. We've tried multiple types of pills over these months and it never worked. During the time of writing I have also tried to set up traps for the monster. They always go off and the sharp knife always grazes its skin, but almost never goes in. One time, the knife actually did dig into him. He screeched in pain, however it didn't kill him. It just made him hold a personal grudge. The final thing I tried was witchcraft. But the outcome only made the thing far larger that morning, nearly 30 feet tall. Thankfully he went back to normal the next day. 

But all this has taught me the unfortunate truth. I can't get rid of him. This monster has infected every single aspect of my life. I can't sleep, eat, take a bath without worrying that this monster will use it against me somehow! I've lost friends, family and all my old coworkers think I've gone completely insane. My boss even fired me because of it! I’m about to be evicted from my home, but I know that won't get rid of the creature! I've lost everything thanks to this monster… and It’s the only thing I have left. I can't go on like this. It's time to give in to what that monster has wanted from the beginning… So I'm writing this before I take my life, to warn you. To warn you of this horrific cosmic horror that has terrorized me for months. You may believe me you may not. But it only feels right to do the only thing I can to help, before I say goodbye. Goodbye to this monster. 








 I MADE A MISTAKE!

THE CREATURE HAS TAKEN ME TO ITS HOME AND IT'S HORRIBLE! THERE’S MILLIONS OF THEM ALL IN DIFFERENT, INHUMAN FORMS, ALL THROWN INTO THIS DARK, EMPTY VOID OF NOTHINGNESS! THERE IS ONLY DEATH AND DECAY HERE! THERE IS NOTHING BUT THESE HORRIBLE NIGHTMARES WEARING HUMAN SKIN! WILL I BECOME ONE OF THEM?! I DON'T WANT TO, I DON'T-!


© 2024 Anthony Schadegg


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on September 13, 2024
Last Updated on September 13, 2024

Author

Anthony Schadegg
Anthony Schadegg

Steamboat, CO



About
Publised an autobiography in my 2nd year of high school and have been working on short stories sense. I now want to share them as I develop a my own mythology and plans to particpare in NaNoWrimo in n.. more..

Writing