bad luck

bad luck

A Poem by Zombified Spider

I always find the most creative ways to destroy myself
yeah
I can tear myself down better than anyone else
I don't need you here
I don't need you here
I don't need you here
Overdosing on painkillers and ADHD meds
going crazy
it's not a easy fix
cause I'm too broken
I'm too broken
I'm too broken
hey!
come on!
just say something
oh!
Come on! 
speak out!
I'm not the type of person you just fix
I'm just trying to numb the pain
but I feel like an empty void
Who am I to talk
who am I to talk
who am I to talk
Knife to my skin
just trying to take the edge off things
everything feels better when you're bleeding
I need a quick fix
I need a quick fix
I need a quick fix

© 2024 Zombified Spider


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Zombified spider,
I think this is a lovely poem. You and your writing never fails to remind me that I'm not alone and other people feel this way. Also about the crusty old guy beefing with teenagers, hes probably just in shock because someone who isn't a straight white man is having an option and expression emotion and they didn't do that in the back in his day (the 1600's or something) so don't take what he says into much consideration.
Xoxo,Harmony

Posted 3 Weeks Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

In reference to your actual work, I personally enjoyed it, although that’s not quite the right word. Enjoyed in the sense of when you hear a really cathartic song that you connect to. Maybe it’s my simplistic mind but I managed to grasp that it isn’t always about me. (I swear I’ll be done taking shots now).
This In particular really reads like song lyrics, I can very much hear it being sung and it will connect with many people.

Posted 3 Weeks Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.

In reference to the “great in his own mind” Jay, sometimes it is best to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt. Unfortunately, he still hasn’t mastered that. At least he couldn’t be bothered to type an original critique of your work, that might indicate he’d actually read it. You got his standard copy and paste with a few quotes to try and gaslight you into believing otherwise. Pay him no mind, he’s hardly worth it. Not to mention that the “pages” of reviews he boasts of are non existent on any platform. On here, his work has existed for years. He has nothing recent to show for all his expertise and accomplishments. On said works he has amassed quite a number of reviews. This is true, all the best lies have some. Of course, that was easier in 2016 or so in the hey day of this site but who is concerned with details? Speaking of details, if you actually read any of these adoring reviews you’ll see something strange. Most of them are spam that remain. And there’s even a conspicuous absence of reviews despite the high number. Crazy that such a proponent of reviewing and improving would delete a seemingly large number of the reviews he’s received. And who cares if you only receive one or two QUALITY comments. Those are worth much more than any novel such a sham could be bothered to type- oh wait he doesn’t, he just pastes. I guess we should all be impressed he has that level of technical skill at his age.

Posted 3 Weeks Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Zombified Spider

3 Weeks Ago

It's still tempting to roast him tho
• I always find the most creative ways to destroy myself

Look at this as a reader, and ask yourself what their reaction will be to a stranger opening a conversation with "woe is me?"

• I can tear myself down better than anyone else

Uhh... are you proposing a contest? Announcing that you won one?

My point is that while this is therapy for you, and therefore useful, other than a reply of, "Uh-huh," what can this generate in a reader?

My point is that people turn to poetry to be entertained, not learn how the poet feels on the day it was written. After all, how many people woke today hoping to find out how you feel? And if you think about it, no matter how badly you feel people waking in a war zone have it a LOT worse.

If you truly want to write poetry, that's great. But they've been refining the skills of the poet for centuries. So take advantage of that. You my have lots going on in your life, but you can become a skilled poet, and instead of telling people how YOU feel, make THEM feel and care. asE. L. Doctorow puts it, “Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader. Not the fact that it’s raining, but the feeling of being rained upon.”

Try this: Read a few chapters of Mary Oliver's, A Poetry Handbook. She's a great poet and teacher, and the book is felled with things that will make you say, "Damn...why didn't I notice that, myself?

https://www.docdroid.net/7iE8fIJ/a-poetry-handbook-pdfdrivecom-pdf

If nothing else, it will take your mind off your troubles.for a while, and may give you a useful skill. It will certainly be better than writing a string of dismal damsel poems.

• I need a quick fix

I had to comment on this, because if there was a quick fix you'd have thought of it already. What you need is a plan and a timetable. Why a timetable? Because the difference between a dream and a plan is a timetable.

Hang in there,

Jay Greenstein
Articles: https://jaygreenstein.wordpress.com/category/the-craft-of-writing/the-grumpy-old-writing-coach/
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/@jaygreenstein3334

-----
“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.”
~ Mark Twain

“Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.”
~ Stephen King


Posted 3 Weeks Ago


0 of 4 people found this review constructive.

JayG

3 Weeks Ago

One thing you’ll discover, is that you learn nothing from people who agree with you.

.. read more
iTryToWriteAllTheTime

3 Weeks Ago

One thing that'll always be just under your nose is that there is a human behind that poem. They use.. read more
JayG

3 Weeks Ago

• One thing that'll always be just under your nose is that there is a human behind that poem.
read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 27, 2024
Last Updated on August 27, 2024

Author

Zombified Spider
Zombified Spider

PA



About
"we're all just dancing on the devil's dance floor" -Devil's dance floor by flogging molly I'm a big punk and metalhead. always open for collabs. I'm non-binary and lesbian, I go by they/them p.. more..

Writing