Bangarang

Bangarang

A Poem by Peter Pan

lay down my book to sleep. after such a long time.
it worked so hard. it can take a break.

im sitting in my old tree house.
my favorite place to read. in this old rocker.
with my legs crossed and a blankit rapping me up and holding me to the chair. i love it. thank god for the cover of the tree, for i would be wet without it. rain is very unhelping when it comes to making you smile. it can but not now.

this old place where i spent so long in other worlds. this portal or imagination and love. bringing me back to a world where all i have to do is close my eyes and open my mind. anything was possible. i look down at my book "peter pan" the master of childhood and imagination. my hero in so many ways. weth a friend like tink always helping him fly. i envied their adventures.  i want that still. but commen people wouldn't accept me into civilization if i ran around in green tights and a red feathered hat. which is obvioulsy sad.

i miss childhood and all its glory.
imagination needs to be used like we use food. it needs to be there to live. but not thrown away if you are full. we should all become fat and clog our hearts to the point where they slow to a minor deathly beat. lets overflow the body and mind with it.

as i look our and about at the night chasing what is left of the sun into the hill behind me, i welcome it with open arms. i take a sip of tea  and turn on the lantern above my head. an airplane flies over head. it looks like peter and tink off on another adventure. i close my eyes and i am in neverland once more.

© 2008 Peter Pan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

it was good, different.. wishing you were young again i guess... with no worries or problems.. i liked it... i got a tad bored though and i dont know why

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 22, 2008

Author

Peter Pan
Peter Pan

Neverland



About
I read a lot, hang out with friends, and go to work like normal kids do. What is different is probably the fact that i can speak Japanese, play indoor soccer, i don't like mac and cheese, and i hate t.. more..

Writing