chapter 3 - the depths of andromegi

chapter 3 - the depths of andromegi

A Chapter by Gunslingerg000

Gale's father stood at the window shaking with fury as he cried out another insult in Sal's direction as he ducked out through the bushes after his daughter. Grardelan appear in the door way dressed as usual in his finest butlers attire as his position dictated of him. 
"Should i call for Halthwart, Master Grugalor? The boy will be in shreds by nightfall if you wish." 
Grugalor slammed his fist against the window pane.
"Indeed, Grardelan," he said as he straightening his jacket and exited the room turning down the hallway toward the lounge. Grardelan was right behind him. 
"Tell him he is to return my daughter with out harm and the boy will be left to his wimbs. I dont care how he disposes of him but that nuesance has stepped his foot on my grounds for the last time. What's worse is that Gale has taken the Arbitors Shard."
Grardelan's face solidified in a darker understanding. 
"Then the situation is most dire."
In the lounge Grardelan moved to the book shelf and waved his hand horizontally. as the shelves slid to one side revealing a guilded elevator gate. they both entered and Grardelan closed the gate behind them. 
" I will need you to prepare several orders for powerful casting and a map of the capital's guard nodes. Gale knows what the Arbiters Shard does but she doesnt have full knowlegde of its function. We may have time to stop them from undoing hundreds of years of hard work and bringing down the entire Antromegi with them."
As the elevator continued to descend Grardelan snapped his fingers and a gargoyle appeared in the air above him. As it finished materializing it bowed awaiting his command. It's voice echoed without its lips moving.
"How may i serve you, my lord?" 
Grardelan issued several commands as well as the list of things needed for Grugalor's incantations and handed him a necklace that belonged to Gale.
"But before you do i need you to deliver a summons to Halthwart, tell him of my instructions and provide him with this medium to track the children in to the woods."
The gargoyle flinched as the mention of Halthwarts name.
"As you wish my lord," and he vanished.
As they reached the final level Grardelan opened the gate and they exited into a candle lit corridor and continued for several steps before entering into a large chamber. Grardelan removed Grugalor's jacket and hung it on a rack next to the door where he retrieved a flowing cloak. The room was large with a huge space cleared for circles of power. Large oaken tables lined the outskirts of the room littered with all types of magical devices and potions with experimental causes. The mirror he used to scry directly with the elders hung at the back of the room. Usually he conducted personal research for the Circle of Elders here but today this was not the case. Grardelan dressed Grugalor with the robe and proceeded to gather the necessary applications and arrange them, stepping back once he was finished. Grugalor poured the substance of a vile into the small of his hand and threw the liquid splashing the mirror which instead of splattering, absorbed the potion as if the surface if the mirror was a pool of water. It's surface shimmered and there was a paused as Eldermaster Prayter appeared to him.
"Master grugalor, i see we have no concern for what hour is it. I've barely had a chance to let my morning oatmeal cool."
Grugalor bowed in respect and ran his hand through his graying chestnut hair as Praytor sipped from his tea. 
"I apologize Eldermaster but i've trying news."
Prayter's expression betrayed a sense of slight unease. Grugalor had his full attention. 
"The Arbitors shard... has been taken."
"What was that, Grugalor? i could have sworn you said something about the Arbitor shard but i cannot fathom that i heard you right."
Grugalor cleared his throat as he posed his hands behind his back. The conversation was going as expected. No one had ever before threatened their fortitude. The realization that they could all be plummeting to the ground in the near future was a situation not easily imagined after over a hundred years.
"My daughter has taken it, coerced by a rapscallion who whispered of grand adventure beyond the mountain ring. She's knowledge of how to use the shard but she was not ready to understand its purpose. I hadnt dreamed that snake would give her such high hopes as to permit her actions but i have taken the proper steps. As due the gravity of the situation i have given Halthwart release to pursue and apprehend my daughter and the shard."
Praytor placed his tea cup onto its dish and set it back down on the table and reclined in his red leather high back chair, his fingers interwtined as he contemplated the full extent of what he was hearing. 
"Grugalor, i cannot express my sorrow to hear of this situation with your daughter but Halthwart? You're willing to expose her to that kind of experimental magic?"
"It is my expectation that she will come to fear the kinda power. That kinda of fear is useful. She may yet come to learn the gravity of the situations she has wrought."
"I hope you know that it is as i have told you over the years. You wring your glove too tight, for such a child cannot endure, Grugalor. Alas she is not of mine but you know the consequences if you're 'hobbies' imminently impend our doom. I leave you to your work, see to it that we don't have a reunion with the land below in all haste."
Grugalor gave another bow as the image of Praytor faded from the surface of the mirror. 
"We shall see who's 'hobbies' doom who soon enough, 'eldermaster'."


© 2015 Gunslingerg000


Author's Note

Gunslingerg000
infinished addition

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on February 2, 2015
Last Updated on February 15, 2015


Author

Gunslingerg000
Gunslingerg000

allentown , PA



About
I've been writing for a long time, i love writing and creating a world that no ones ever seen before. since i am still a novice i read a lot to help influence my works and draw a lot from my life expe.. more..

Writing