chap 4 - earthquake?

chap 4 - earthquake?

A Chapter by Gunslingerg000
"

Sal and Gale make it to the door and manage to unlock its passage but what about its secrets?

"

“ Well, when are we going to reach this door? We’ve been walking for forever and I’m beginning to get tired.”


Having reached the forest they had been walking for some time. The sun had all ready moved to its zenith and even Sal had to admit he was tiring. The sprint had taken it outta him considering it was for the sake of his neck.


“You know wining about it wont make it any closer.”


Gale glaced at him sideways as she balanced her way along a fallen tree she hopped off the edge and turned to face him with a hand on her hip.


“How…. far,” she said sternly.


“i hope it accured to you that when i said i found a door in the mountain it might actually mean we’re going all the way to the mountains. The forest isnt too thick so its easy enough travel. I would say we take a break but im pretty sure the city is up in arms and combing the forest behind us. So, if you’d be so kind, i’m pretty sure i’d be lucky if i didnt hang today.”


Gale’s face softened with every sentence. She really didnt think it would be a picknic but being used to hour of fresh hour every day left her...overwelmed. Maybe she could cheer him up from his gloom.


“ahh, quit being a pisser,” Gale said in her manliest voice followed by giggling. “I’ve always wanted to say that but truely, Sal. If one were to say, take a guess, of how far we are from our destination. What might that person say?”


Sal’s shoulders drooped as he let out a dismaying sigh. It is a good thing he was used to these antics and seemingly blatant disregard for his neck or he might have tired of the nonsense rather quickly.


“ I’d say at most another 300 paces. We’ve already walked most of the distance and luckily i don't see any angry mobs so we might actually have time to figure out how to open the door and maybe even make our way through the mountain.”


" Dont worry, Sal," Gale said with a smile and a wink. She turned and continued walking. "We'll get through the door."


"You know what? You're right," Sal followed after her. " We are gonna make it through that door. Even if i have to break it down."


"Right," Gale said with an excited cheer.



© 2015 Gunslingerg000


Author's Note

Gunslingerg000
imcomplete

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on January 4, 2015
Last Updated on February 2, 2015


Author

Gunslingerg000
Gunslingerg000

allentown , PA



About
I've been writing for a long time, i love writing and creating a world that no ones ever seen before. since i am still a novice i read a lot to help influence my works and draw a lot from my life expe.. more..

Writing