Focus

Focus

A Poem by Green Mist
"

Where are our eyes?

"
Looking deeper the lines begin to blur and bring forth the lines that hide beneath. The darkness begins to turn from mystery to brightness engulfed in sensory information. The screams, the waves, the heartbeat go away. Soon the transformation is evident. Tangible. Distinguishable from the non reality that we inhabit while encased in our own heads. The world no longer conquers our voices that urge to be voiced but are trapped behind our lack of confidence. Each breath is an effort to see deeper, each muscle movement, each shiver. As if we could perhaps face the universe that is and the whole that makes is so, which is so much greater. To be aware. To look into the shapes again and notice something new. The glow of darkness. The capacity of this darkness to become our mind and disengage our judgment. Release the energy that drives us to be, but instead gain a sense to consume our reflections and poses. Further yet we go. The panic surfaces, the screams, the waves, that heartbeat return. We can't go any longer. no... we will lose our minds.

© 2015 Green Mist


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on June 2, 2015
Last Updated on June 2, 2015

Author

Green Mist
Green Mist

Tampa, FL



About
I have a sincere passion for words. Some say that construction is designing buildings and putting them together; I like to think sentences are a little like buildings and that each word, even each tin.. more..

Writing