Are You Sleeping?

Are You Sleeping?

A Story by Green Mist
"

Change is inevitable.

"
Here I stand and there I stare. Their eyes are searching beyond my folds but still they burn through my clothes, my torn, battered clothes, burn through my skin, where my bones sag, settle, and sing to the tone of my movement. Every step becomes more lethargic; each glace is an endeavor. Don't look at me! Why are you...? The images blur but the moment remains and reminds me that my humanity has been allowed to steadily disintegrate abruptly. I haven't slept. Four days of soulless slavery to a loquacious crowd. Silence! Why are you so...? My mind trails. Each piece of solid rock begins to manifest an uncanny quality--each piece feels like a rough fabric. And the carpets! Oh! They have become beds! But I should journey--oh, I have no...
"Hey. HEY! We can't be sleeping here. I know it's easy to nod-off, specially here in a library. But we need to keep awake and keep our shoes on."
"O-okay."
    

© 2014 Green Mist


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on July 23, 2014
Last Updated on July 23, 2014

Author

Green Mist
Green Mist

Tampa, FL



About
I have a sincere passion for words. Some say that construction is designing buildings and putting them together; I like to think sentences are a little like buildings and that each word, even each tin.. more..

Writing
Focus Focus

A Poem by Green Mist