Casting an Inch

Casting an Inch

A Poem by Green Mist
"

If you understand this, you think a lot like I do. It may not mean much on the surface, but look a little closer. Enjoy.

"

It is a letter that never sleeps, one that dismisses eager dreams and angers beautiful weeds--the kind that strives through the sidewalk crack searching for prominence, but is ridiculed for its foliage, never worthy of the caustic examination of the Blue Giant, the blinding ball of flowing plasma. The letter is a reminder that it conceives its end, its torture, like words that puncture caves sprawled on the corners of its smile and tears, caves that fail to provide their banquet of acceptance and change, changing seasons that sharpen leafs, causing desolation, never satisfying dreadful desires. Extremely cold and fiercely scorching, mild never turns its glare. Broken into several hermetic chunks of death, confused and disoriented they fair. What of men who blindly cast rods of impulsive bravery for the sake of their heart's inclination? What of women, powerful women, who rejoice at the letter's splendid invitation? Make of a weed a fruit that resembles a mist, that calms the soul and loosens tightly bound fists. Even the flowers of such creatures are ignored; however, the product of such a flower is a fruit that never did exist..

© 2014 Green Mist


Author's Note

Green Mist
Hope you enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on July 19, 2014
Last Updated on July 23, 2014

Author

Green Mist
Green Mist

Tampa, FL



About
I have a sincere passion for words. Some say that construction is designing buildings and putting them together; I like to think sentences are a little like buildings and that each word, even each tin.. more..

Writing
Focus Focus

A Poem by Green Mist