How I Got Blocked

How I Got Blocked

A Chapter by Green
"

...

"
I have endeavored to leave off names from this as this is a rather popular, generally viewed as nice user. I do not agree with their behavior but also have no interest in putting them on blast. If I have slipped up and it shows somewhere who this might be, please let me know so I can edit it. If you know, please keep it to yourself in the public spaces. Otherwise, enjoy a tale that is probably all too common around here.
For clarity "other user" is the first block and my responses follow.


© 2024 Green


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yes. A common tale. I am happy to see you take the higher road.
I am sorry you were blocked and I do not know from the exchange the identity of the person but it does seem like there was an unreasonable expectation put on you and then an attempt at a guilt trip. Your handling of this was very mature in the face of the flippant responses. I have had similar experience. People need to understand that these poetry sites are not our entire lives, at least for many of us. I would love to have time to spend all day and night exchanging reviews, thoughts and discussion. I work full time, have 3 children; husband, aging and ailing parents, and I go to part time school at night. I give what I can when I can. My world does not revolve around the people here as much as I do respect and admire so many of them.

Posted 3 Months Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Woah, Green!

It's alright

Posted 1 Month Ago


You do know that's divya right? She's at least 12 different "popular accounts" here. I think it's funny you guys not only buy her bullshit without question... but you'll even support the most vile, insidious and pernicious attacks on a human being... just because. She's pop. It's not a secret what she does, is and has been doing. FOR YEARS

You guys suck.

Posted 2 Months Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Green

2 Months Ago

It's actually not her. I don't know how many other accounts anyone else around here has, it's not ge.. read more
Davidgeo

2 Months Ago

Rube. Enjoy the grift genius.
Green

2 Months Ago

Sorry, you feel that way. You are always welcome not to come on my pages if they so offend you
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Daz
I didn't see anything negative or confrontational about this exchange. You both seem level headed and just trying to understand each other. I wonder why they blocked you. I hope you too work things out. It sounds like the other person was just trying to make a connection with you. I just didn't see anything cynical here, but that's just my opinion.

Posted 3 Months Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Green

3 Months Ago

Oh I can answer that because for me it certainly didn't feel very calm and level headed. It definite.. read more
Daz

3 Months Ago

I understand what your saying. I guess that's why we should respect people's boundaries. We don't al.. read more
She seems clingy doesn't she? Left you in peace. Enjoy it.

Posted 3 Months Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Personally I think getting angry at someone, venting sometimes without enough reason, and then immediately blocking them is actually cowardly. Shouldn't people talk, listen and explain rather than assume things and explode? It's hurtful and sad.

However we're all here to write and get better and not just have our egos stroked right?



Posted 3 Months Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

From my almost 14 years on this website, I have a fair guess of who the blocker and am quite amused. Will not take names. Well Green, I'm sorry about it but if I can add my two cents then here it is - You’re not missing anything. I'd just advise you to write, post, read, review and enjoy your time here. After all, we love writing and we life only once. Let's just get on with it and have a blast! Thank you for this eye opening post.

Posted 3 Months Ago


3 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Yes. A common tale. I am happy to see you take the higher road.
I am sorry you were blocked and I do not know from the exchange the identity of the person but it does seem like there was an unreasonable expectation put on you and then an attempt at a guilt trip. Your handling of this was very mature in the face of the flippant responses. I have had similar experience. People need to understand that these poetry sites are not our entire lives, at least for many of us. I would love to have time to spend all day and night exchanging reviews, thoughts and discussion. I work full time, have 3 children; husband, aging and ailing parents, and I go to part time school at night. I give what I can when I can. My world does not revolve around the people here as much as I do respect and admire so many of them.

Posted 3 Months Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

You are you. The only you you can be. The world will constantly try to make you one of them. Do you. Great writing and very relatable. I empathize.

Posted 3 Months Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

442 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 1, 2024
Last Updated on June 1, 2024


Author

Green
Green

AL



About
I'm living in the good ol' south of the US of A. Professionally, I'm an engineer and I guess that means I'm supposed to know things. I don't always. I write because I can, and because I can write word.. more..

Writing
Damage Damage

A Poem by Green


6/17/24 6/17/24

A Chapter by Green


5/13/24 5/13/24

A Chapter by Green



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Poor Poor

A Poem by a_methyste


The Dog The Dog

A Poem by Ayvid N