Wold Ends, God's Glory Begins

Wold Ends, God's Glory Begins

A Story by Steven Goodykoontz
"

I base this description from the Bible as I know it.

"

How this story begins is as it is right at this time.  You may be sitting at your desk or maybe laying in bed sleeping or reading.  Your mother is cooking the midday meal.  The aroma from the meal is pleasant and it makes you wake up.  Suddenly you feel hungry, your stomach starts to growl like a lion.  You run downstairs, but just as you get to the landing, your mother walks by.  She is an older lady, around the age of 40 of so.  Lets just say you are about 17, and you are a senior on Summer break.

"Honey," she says to you very nicely with a smile.  "how was your nap?"

"Good mom," you may say.  "your food woke me up.  What are we having?"

"Sausage and fried potatoes," she says back to you.

You say okay and you go into the living room and watch television just as your father walks in.  You peek through the door and see your father give a little peck on your mother's cheek and tells her that he loves her.  Your mother giggles and continues to stir the crispying potatoes in the pan.  You turn your head and watch some more of the local channels. 

However, rudely, you are interupted by a news flash. 

"What happened?" you ask yourself in frustration as your show was getting to the good part, "did the president fall on some soap and break his leg?"

"Sorry for this interruption, but we have an important news bulletin.  Lets go to Jack Theripper for a news update in Washington...... Jack," says the newswoman.

"I am here at the capital," says the well dressed newsman, "where an astounding thing just happened.  People just disappeared before our eyes.  Many people just vanished, leaving their belonging behind.  As you can see there are pants, shirts, dresses everywhere.  Cars crash, and bikes just fall to the pavement as people, in Biblical porportions just vanish."

You are now shocked and yell to your parents to come in here to look.  You wait for a while, but you do not hear a reply.  You think that is odd, because ususally your mother does not leave cooking things to sit, and your father usually comes in there regardless of it being an emergency when you call him.  You walk into the kitchen and you not only see that the potatoes have turned black and smoking, but your parents seemed to have gone streaking, because their clothes are just laying there.

You begin to freak out, however, you cleaverly convince yourself that they are playing a joke on you.

"HAHA!!" you say half heartedly.  "Very funny."

You look around for them, but they are not there.  Your heart sinks and your stomach does a 360.  Your parents, Christians to the end, are gone.  You, a sinner destined for Hell, left behind.  You remember, your parents telling you that God is real and that if you want to go to Heaven, that you must first ask Jesus into your life.  You remember the times that they try to get you to go to church, but you refused.  You just stayed at home and talked on the telephone or watch televison, or had sex with your girlfriend.  You just found out that all those times sinning and sinning, just hoping that God is not real would someday prove to be a follyful mistake.  You feel like Tom Brady in Super Bowl XLII.

You fall to your knees and ask Jesus for forgiveness.  Then you ask him into your heart, just for the hope that you disappear.  Nothing.  You feel nothing, you go nowhere.  Tears fall from your face.  You take a knife from the drawer and stab yourself in frustration and fear, you feel pain, but you do not die.  You collapse to the ground.  You slide the knife out, but the wound heals up quickly.

"What the?" you ask yourself as you examine your newly healed up wound. 

You then do it again.  This time you slit your throat.  Blood gushes out from your veins and vessels, but still it heals up.  You throw the knife down in frustration and go for the big artillery.  You know that your father hides a pistol under his pillow.  You grab it and then you put the gun to your head.  You pull the trigger.  Blood, brains fly all over the wall, but nothing.  Your wound heals up, and this time the only evidence of your attempted suicide is the brain spatter on the wall.  You repeat the process, emptying the cartidge into your skull.  However, your fruitless attempts at suicide only goes as far as wall art.

You run outside to your neighbors house.  You knock, but no answer.  You notice that their car is there, so you look through the window and see their clothes laying on the ground, on their couches.  They were watching television before Jesus brought took them.

You go back into your house and cry and become a hermit for the next seven years.  Horrible things happen during those seven years.   However, you do not seem to care, your parents are gone.  The world has become one government.  The man in the office issues everone a number which you accept with open arms, 666.  You are marked.  Then, forteen years pass, to the day that your parents disappeared, you finally die. There was an explostion.  The fall our from the nuclear missile kills you instantly. 

When you wake up, you find yourself in a hot, dark place.  There are monster all around you tearing at your flesh, moking you, and pouring hot tar and hot magma all over you.  You scream in horror, as you know that you are in HELL!!!

So get saved, ask Jesus in your heart, or this thing will happen to you.  Don't say I did not warn you.  And tip your waitresses.

© 2008 Steven Goodykoontz


Author's Note

Steven Goodykoontz
Yes, I am a Christian!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
Added on March 31, 2008