Double Agent

Double Agent

A Chapter by Steven Goodykoontz

"Bomb planted sir," said a man who was in a totally black room save of a little moonlight coming from the window. He was wearing a black stealth suit and his face was covered by a black rag. He was speaking through a little microphone that was connected to headphones and he could speak to his superior. As he was squatting, he pushed a red button on the side of the bomb.

"Good," said the man on the other side of the radio, "Now get out of there!"

The bomb man ran out of the room and down a flight of stairs and all the way to a hallway that was totally lit up. He was behind a red roped off area and there was a guard coming down the hall. He jumped out from behind the ropes and ran across the hallway then slipped into a room. He creaked the door open a little bit and waited for the guard to come by. When the guard came by the door whistling, the man jumped out and broke his neck. Then the man took the guard by the feet and pulled him into the dark room. He shut the door behind him and snuck around the corner of the hallway and was now inside of a lobby. The lobby was big and in the middle of the lobby was an elevator that was surrounded by some windows.

The man needed to go down, however the controls to the elevator was behind a dark window at the other end of the lobby. It was almost impossible, because there were four guards patrolling that area and behind the window was a guard. All the guards in the elegantly made lobby carried automatic rifles and they were ready to use them without hesitation. The only weapons that the man carried was a knife and a silenced .45 semi automatic.

The man snuck up to the elevator and strafed it and watched as one guard started to come over. Somehow, the man’s shadow was shown on the floor just next to the elevator. The man took out his knife and waited for the guard to come over. The guard drew his weapon and in Austrian he said, "Whoever you are, get out from behind the elevator!"

The other guards heard the commotion and walked up with guns drawn to the elevator. The man took the knife and talked into the microphone on his head and said, "Sir, I am surrounded, attempting to discard of myself!!!"

The man on the other side of the line, sitting on a chair at a computer heard what he said and opened a file on his computer. As he opened, a picture of a man about 5’11" was photographed with a number above his name. 5567655 it read. The man read through the file, which read:

Kvile Sweven, age 32, gender male, status: assassin, born November 21, 1975 Moscow, Russia and he wrote into the file, died May 15, 2007.

Then he heard over the line a scream, then a slash, then a moan. Then he heard a dropping sound and then an explosion a few moments later. The line went into static. The man in the chair clicked off the radio and got out of his chair. He walked out of his office and into a meeting room with three men. One man that was sitting at the end of the table on a small chair was wearing a general’s army uniform. The other two men were wearing just plain suits. The man sat down at the other end of the table on a big chair.

"Success," he declared. "The bombing of the capital building here in Austria was a success. Now all we need is a plan to get our man into office."

"Yes," replied the man at the right, "My men have devised a plan to get him into office. We have robbed a lot of money from the major banks in Switzerland. We also have some banks that are in contact with some of my Mafia men in Europe, America, and Germany. I even own a bank in South Africa that has a depository of pure conflict diamonds. Pretty much, our money is endless. However, I have reports that there is a group within America that has experienced spies and assassins. That is called ADOC. I used to be with the Socialist Union Party before those cretins destroyed it. They may be a problem, Mr. Cupp."

"No, Mr. Fernandez," said the man across from him, "I have one man in custody that is from there. He works for them and as we speak, my top men are interrogating him. As soon as he cracks, we can find out what makes them tick, and what makes them run."

"But, Mr. Damien," said the general at the end of the table, "I have enough men within my Cuban group to hit them hard and kill them all. I have gone over some of the data that my military strategist has gotten and he is now getting some strategies together so that we may be able to attack ADOC and take them out."

"No," said Mr. Cupp, who is named Zach Cupp, an AWOL American general from the Vietnam war that decided that he much rather join a terrorist group than fight a war, "if we get all of our data, General Pablo, we can take out ADOC with your men and with our tools combined. Remember, we are a team, and a team must fight to eliminate our enemies."

All the men nodded their heads.

Zach Cupp nodded his head and smiled. He scooted a file across the table to the general.

"There are surveillance footages from our satellite that is in orbit that has taken pictures of ADOC, and a secret Nuclear Base that was abandoned by the Russian in Northern Georgia. General, I want your strategist to go over these footages and make a good assumption on how to take over this base and take out ADOC and come back to me when you have your data."

"Yes, sir," replied the general.

Then Zach Cupp scooted another folder to Mr. Fernandez. Fernandez is a Mafia boss that has contacts from America all the way to Tokyo. He is the richest man at the table, but he is under the rule of Zach Cupp that promises that if he double crosses him that he will die and his family will die as well. Plus, he believes that he owes Zach Cupp his life for saving him and getting him out of debt.

Mr. Fernandez opened the folder, and looked at two experienced big time robbers that escaped from Riker’s Island and now is hiding out at the Virgin Islands. The files has mug shots and a history of their past robberies.

"These men, Mr. Fernandez, are the men that I want you to collect and bring here. Right now they are on the Virgin Islands and hiding from the American government," said Zach Cupp. "These men, I feel, may be a valuable asset to our needs and may be able to get some supplies that we need. We need you to go out there and get them."

"Yes, Mr. Cupp," replied Mr. Fernandez.

Then another folder was handed out to Mr. Damien. Mr. Damien is a Russian arms dealer that has expertise in making Nuclear, and chemical weapons for Russia. He knows all there is about the art of interrogation and making weapons.

Mr. Damien took the file and it opened to a man named Paul George. The file read that he is a retired CIA operative and a retired ADOC director.

"This man, Mr. Damien," said Zach Cupp, "is the man that we need. He lives on a ranch outside St. Louis, Missouri. He knows all there is to know about American Intelligence and ADOC. If we get him, he is our key. We need your men to go and get him and interrogate him."

"Yes, sir," said Mr. Damien.

Zach Cupp nodded his head and all the men left the room.

***

A week later, there was a rally at the capital building in Vienna, Austria. There was a stage set up and a man got on and started to speak.

"My fellow Austrians!!" yelled a man, who is working with Zach Cupp as the campaigning president of Austria. "Last week’s attack on our soil against one of the world’s most beautiful capital buildings was a tragedy!! A tragedy that could have been avoided if our current president and his staff could have enough bravery to protect us!! I say that they are cowards. They are not even trying to help you fine people. They are not even trying to give you kind people peace of mind, NO!! All those clowns think about is their wallets!!! It is not right how they are treating you. They failed to protect you!! They failed to keep our precious capital building out of the way of evil. If they stay in office, this may happen again in your towns, at your houses, or even at our children’s schools!!! I am fed up with powerful weaklings in our government!! I am tired of seeing those pigs taking all our hard earned money and taking it for themselves and not trying to help you!! You people deserved to be protected, and I am the man for the job. Alfonso Rhine!!! I will protect you with all my might and power!!! I have the resources to help you all. I have the resources to give you all peace of mind!!! Just vote for me, and you will live in a society that does not cower back into its corner and hide from evil!!!! I am the kind of man that looks evil in the face and challenges it!!! I am not scared for my life, I fear for your lives!!! All of God’s children in Austria!!!! You deserve to be protected and I will provide it!!! Just vote for me!!!"

The crowd cheered, and in the background Zach Cupp, General Pablo, Mr. Fernandez, and Mr. Damien looks at each other.

"We have them," said Mr. Damien. "Plus, we have located Paul George’s ranch, sir,"

"Good," replied Zach Cupp. "You are approved to advance. Take him and interrogate him."

"Yes, sir," replied Mr. Damien.

"Sir," said Mr. Fernandez, "my man have located the two robbers on the Virgin Islands. They have agreed to our terms of freedom in Austria if our man is elected and they have offered their services if we give them $13.5 million in American money. I gave it to them out of my pocket. My pilot is sending them over today."

"Good," said Zach Cupp.

"And sir," butted in General Pablo, "we have found a weakness in the defenses at ADOC and we have men that are looking into the Nuclear Base."

"Excellent," said Zach Cupp. "Everything is falling into place. Proceed as planned General."

"Yes, sir," said the general with a solute.

***

About a month later, with the help of Mr. Fernandez, General Pablo took control of the Nuclear Base in Georgia (the country next to Azerbaijan). His men found that there were still some nuclear missiles that were not decommissioned, and there was even a missile silo behind the facility. The facility was fully furnished, and it even had defense weapons on standby. The place would be locked down tight, so that the general, and with the help of Mr. Damien, could make chemical weapons and nuclear weapons on site.

"Sir," said the general at another meeting in Austria everyone was present, "I have successfully gotten the nuclear base in Georgia. And to our surprise, it was fully furnished."

"Good," replied Zach Cupp. "Now, Mr. Damien, I want you and your team to make some chemical and nuclear weapons at General Pablo’s nuclear base. I want you to make them silently, and we do not want the UN or the US to get a wiff of our operation." He turned his attention to Mr. Fernandez, who was glued to the screen with the vote. The vote was today, and the news anchor was telling about the tallying process. Now, Alfonso Rhine, is ahead by 45% to 14% so far. His opponent, Adolph Czech is the current, soon to be lame duck president.

"Mr. Fernandez," said Zach Cupp.

Mr. Fernandez looked over with delight and said, "We are winning, and we are going to win!!"
"Good," replied Zach Cupp, "however, I need you to tell those two robbers that they need to do me a job."

"What?" asked Mr. Fernandez.

"I want them to knock over the Bank of America," replied Zach Cupp.

"What?" asked Mr. Fernandez with excitement and confusion. "There is not way in heck that they are getting in there and knocking it over!!"

"They are going to have help, of course," replied Zach Cupp. "They are going to devise a plan with General Pablo’s men to get in there, secure the area from SWAT teams and police, while your men take the money. There is even a reward for you if you get me the money that I need."

Mr. Fernandez looked at Zach Cupp with glee as he was given a suitcase with about seven bars gold.

***

In an abandoned subway station that was decommissioned years ago, Mr. Damien walked onto an abandoned subway car. The car was gutted, save for a few seats. It was turned into a jail for prisoners of Mr. Damien’s. Mr. Damien walked to the end of the car, where there was a single cell. A man sat down on one of the seats behind the bars with his head between his legs. There were two guards guarding the makeshift cell, both holding AK-47s.

"Ah," exclaimed Mr. Damien to the man in the cell. "How are you today, Mr. Dalton?"

The man raised his head up, and looked into the eyes of his captor. It was Nathan Dalton. He was severely cut on his cheek and he had cuts and bruises on his face from where they tortured him. Nathan looked at Damien and laughed.

"Do you think I will really give you secrets?" asked Nathan.

"Well," said Mr. Damien as he took out a long cow prong, "I am good at the art of persuasion. I know that you have information that I need, and I will use any means necessary to retrieve your information about ADOC to me."

"Try your hardest, scumbag!" yelled Nathan.

Mr. Damien stuck a prong into Nathan’s cheek and turned it on. The charge jolted Nathan as he gave out a scream of pain. Nathan then got a new scar on his cheek, this time it was a burn scar.

"Now, tell me, Mr. Dalton," Mr. Damien said, "or I will be forced to use a tool that will be very painful to you."

"Okay!!" yelled Nathan in pain, "I will tell you."

"Good boy," said Mr. Damien. "I knew that you would later come to senses."

"My voice is kind of bad today, however," said Nathan, "so you have to get closer to me."

"Sure," said Mr. Damien with a smile.

Quickly, Nathan took out a paper shuriken that he was making out of part of the springs in the seats and paper that he was given and he threw it at Mr. Damien, hitting him in the chest. Mr. Damien fell backwards with a scream and was stunned.

The guards turned around and began to shoot into the cell. Before he could be shot to death, Nathan jumped up and clamped his handcuffs to a hook on the ceiling. There was a window on the top of the car, and he catapulted himself out and over the car. Nathan slammed onto the ground and ran down the tracks.

"Where did he go?" asked Mr. Damien in pain.

"Down the tracks, Mr. Damien," said one of the guards as he plucked the shuriken out of his chest.

"It was a good thing I was wearing this bullet proof vest," said Mr. Damien, "or I could have died."

"How do we get the spy back?" asked one of the guards.

"We have to use this car," replied Mr. Damien getting back on his feet and brushing off some dirt on his suit jacket.

One of the guards ran into the car controller box and turned on the car. The car’s lights blipped on. The guard pulled the lever backwards, and it began to reverse.

Down the track, Agent Nathan stood back against a metal piece sticking out of the wall. He moved his hands up and down, trying to pry the cuffs loose. He cut a half a link loose, then he cut the other one. He waved his hands to his side for a short moment. Suddenly, he heard a train whistle. He looked down the track, and was some lights come towards him fast. Nathan ran to the wall and climbed it. As the subway car went past, Nathan jumped on, and crawled to an open window in the front, where the controls were.

He knocked out the window, and quickly subdued the guard. He broke the guard’s neck and took his gun. Nathan pulled the lever forward, and the car’s wheels began to go forward, even though the momentum of the car was going backward. The force on the wheels made them rip off and the car tumbled in the tunnel. Nathan was thrust against the front window, as the guard and Mr. Damien in the back was thrown to the ground. All three men held on tightly as the car began to skid on the tracks, while making sparks, until it came to a complete stop.

A few moments later, Mr. Damien woke up with the guard on top of him, dead. The car had toppled to on its side and it was crushed under a small cave-in from a rusty part in the wall.

Nathan was okay, but a little shaken. He was on the floor, and had a piece of metal sticking into his arm. The metal piece cut all the way through, somehow going through the rift between the radius and ulna. The door to the back was jammed shut. There was a med kit next to him, but it was empty. Nathan shot out the window in front of him and slowly crawled out onto the tracks.

Nathan looked at his wound and walked forward to the next station. However, for Mr. Damien, the door was above him. He pushed the guard off of him and stood to his feet. Mr. Damien pried the door open as a little bit of dirt and rocks tumbled in. Mr. Damien coughed a bit and crawled out, squeezing between the car and the ceiling. He crawled on the car and slid down the front and started walking behind Nathan.

Nathan happened to turn around and see Mr. Damien following him. Nathan took the AK-47 and shot Mr. Damien in the chest. Mr. Damien fell down and played dead as Agent Nathan ran toward the next station.

***

It is now dark outside St. Louis, Missouri, and Paul George, the retired director of ADOC sat on his porch drinking some tea. His wife, Pamela came out and poured some more into his glass and poured some into her own glass and sat the pitcher of tea next to her chair.

"Nice of you being home, honey," said Pamela to her husband.

Paul looked at his wife, smiled and replied, "It is great to be back, honey."

Paul turned his head and looked at the crescent moon in the sky, sighed, and took a drink of his tea.

"Beautiful night," said Pamela as one of the horses gave out a whimper of happiness.

"Yes," replied Paul, still looking up at the moon and listening to the bugs buzzing, the owl howling, and the frogs croaking. "It is great to hear the sounds of a summer’s night again."

Pamela smiled and looked at the field. She caught glimpse of a shadow running behind the horse barn.

"Honey," she whispered. "There is someone behind the barn."

Paul looked.

"Get into the house Pam," demanded Paul, "I’ll deal with this."

Paul followed his wife into the house and he went to a cabinet on the side of the wall next to his big arm chair. He grabbed out a shotgun, loaded it and cocked it.

"Where are you going?" asked his wife. "You are nuts for going out there!"

"Hide somewhere," replied Paul.

Paul walked outside with his gun in his hand and waited for the shadow to reappear. He walked down the steps of his porch a bit as a shadow came up behind him.

The shadow man put his arms around Paul and put him into a choke hold. Paul jumped back and rammed the man into the screen door, knocking it down and making Paul, with him on top of the man to fall on the floor.

The man gave out a gasp as his wind was taken out of him. Paul quickly got up and pointed the gun to the man’s head.

"Who are you!!" demanded Paul.

The man did not answer. Suddenly, another man rushed into the door and tackled Paul to the ground. Paul shot, just before he fell and shot his attacker in the arm, blowing it off.

The other attacker screamed in pain and the shadow man on the floor got up and took out a handgun. The man shot Paul in the arm, and in retaliation, Paul’s wife, Pamela ran out of the pantry with a skillet and whacked the man over the head with it. The shadow man fell to the ground with a blunt force trauma fatal wound to his head. The man started to bleed from his head wound.

Pamela gasped in horror and ran to the phone and dialed 911. Soon, the cops came and assessed the problem.

As the police were at his house, he went to his office and dialed into ADOC. He found out that Nathan had gone missing. Paul told Mike Henson of his near death experience and told him all he knew. Paul later went to the hospital and got the bullet out of his arm and was released a few hours later.

***

The same night, in Seattle, Washington, three men silently went into the Bank of America building. Two were the crafty robbers, the other was a look out. The robbers were in full dark clothes and concealed their faces behind a black mask. One robber grabs a window knife from his pocket and starts to cut open the door to the left of the revolving door. He makes a small circle and holds onto the glass with a suction cup. He pulls the suction cup back and lays it on the ground. Then he opens up the door, slowly, because the cameras in the building are movement sensitive. He creeks in and slowly tip toes to the vault. Then the other robber comes in slowly and goes to the guard station. There is a guard sitting behind the counter, watching television. The robber sneaks up behind the counter and crawls slowly over. Then he gets behind the guard and snaps his neck. The guard has a keycard for the vault, so the robber kindly takes it, but while doing so, knocks over a cup of coffee. The cup shattered on the ground. He ducks down under the counter and the other robber sneaks into the shadows. Another guard walks in, not noticing the door to the outside is ajar. This guard is old. He has poor eyesight, and the only reason why the bank keeps him is because he is the only person, except for the dead guard who has nothing to do most of the time.

"Lazy good for nothing," said the old guard as he looks at the dead guard thinking that he is asleep. "Always the younger generation has to be lazy. Where is the work ethics today?"

The old guard shakes his head and walks back to his post. The robber pops his head out from under the counter and looks. There is no sign of the guard anywhere. So he climbs slowly back over the counter and to the other robber.

"You idiot," whispered the robber who breaking into the safe. "We could have gotten caught."

"Sorry," replied the other robber.

The clumsy robber hands the other robber the key to the safe. The other robber unlocks the safe and walks in, slowly and starts to take money out of each safety deposit box.

The heist only took about ten minutes and there was not much of a mishap. The robbers and the look out climbs into the van as it speeds off.

***

Paul George walks into the ADOC building the day after his attack and met with Mike Henson.

"Mike," said Paul with worry. "I am sorry about Nathan. He is a good agent and I pray that he will find a way back."

"Thanks," replied Mike Henson. "We do know that he is in Austria. That is the last place that he was at. He was on a mission looking over a man by the name of Zach Cupp. He is an AWOL American General from the Vietnam war."

"Strange," said Paul, "I was under him when I was in that war. I never thought he would leave. Is there any reason why he left?"

"No," replied Mike, "on file, the American government first thought he was MIA, but when he popped up in Austria, they knew better. Due to the statute of limitations, it was too late to extradite him."

"Do you think there is a link between Zach Cupp, and the disappearance of Nathan?" asked Paul.

"Not sure," replied Mike. "However, I am beginning to think so."

Suddenly the door to the satellite slammed open and Gilbert Bazan ran out.

"I found him!" yelled Gilbert.

"Nathan?" asked Mike.

"Yes," replied Gilbert. "He is in the capital city of Austria hiding out at one of our hideouts there."

"Keep tracking him," demanded Mike, "track his every move."

"Yes, sir," replied Gilbert. Then he ran into the satellite room.

"Is there any other news?" asked Paul.

"Yes," replied Mike, "the president has requested that one of our men come and guard him for a while. For some reason, he is kind of squeamish about a person in his staff."

"Who is guarding him?" asked Paul.

"Steven," replied Mike. "He is our best agent.

"Can’t argue with that," replied Paul.

Mike nodded.

***

The President sat in his office signing off some documents, as Steven stands out the door. He has special orders that nobody except for the Vice President can enter the room. However, the Vice President is at his house on the west side of Washington DC.

"So," said a voice in the shadows as the Vice President sits on his couch drinking some coffee, "do you think you are ready to become the next president?"

The Vice President smiles and replied, "I will do my best."

"For who?" asked the voice, "yourself or the people of America?"

"You never give up do you?" asked the Vice President.

"I am making sure that you are with us," replied the voice.

"Of course I am with you," replied the Vice President.

"Then answer me, are you for yourself or the people?" repeated the voice.

"The people," replied the Vice President.

"Good," replied the voice.

The Vice President sips his coffee once and puts the cup down on a coaster on a table in front of the couch.

"I am expected back at the White House soon," demanded the Vice President.

"Good," replied the voice.

***

A black limo rolls up to the White House and the Vice President walks out with two secret service agents.

"Stay here," said the Vice President as he walks through the door.

"Yes, sir," replied the two secret servicemen. The two secret servicemen took guard in front of the front door.

The Vice President walked to the door of the President’s office and looks at Steven.

"You are relieved," he said.

"No, sir," replied Steven. "I have orders from the President himself to stand here. You are free to go in, sir."

Suddenly, two armed Cuban militants that were smuggled into the White House came up to Steven. They were both holding AK47s and they were ready to use it.

Steven took out his .45 semi automatic, but one of the men knocked it away. One man punched Steven in the face and made him lose his bearings. Steven quickly regained them and grabbed the AK47 from the man’s hand and shot the other militant in the chest, killing him. The other one tried to shoot at him, but one injured secret serviceman shot the militant in the head.

"Save the president," said the secret servicemen just before he died.

"HELP!!!" yelled the President.

Steven ran into the room and saw in the old skinny Vice President holding a gun to the skinny middle aged President.

Steven shot at the Vice President’s hand and shot the gun out of his hand. The Vice President gasped and held his hand as he walked backwards toward the wall as Steven had the AK47 pointed at him.

"Who are you working for?" asked Steven.

The Vice President took another step backwards. Then Steven shot at the Vice President’s shoulder and hit his rotor cuff. The Vice President held his shoulder and replied, "Zach Cupp. He has your friend, Nathan Dalton in his custody, giving away vital information about ADOC. This country now belongs to Zach Cupp!!"

Steven shot the Vice President in the chest and made him break through the Oval Office window. The Vice President fell two stories down and died. Steven and the President ran to the broken window and saw the dead Vice President. They both looked at each other in disbelief.

About an hour later, Todd and Matt ran into the White House with paramedics, who were helping the dead and wounded secret Servicemen.

"What happened here?" asked Todd.

"It seems that there was an attack on the President," replied Steven sarcastically.

"I see that," replied Todd, "but how did they take out the Secret Servicemen so easily. These men are trained to kill."

"I can answer that," said the President.

Todd and Matt stood erect and saluted the President. He looked at them and said, "No need for that, gentlemen." he said. The President, who is named Steven Shelby is about 58 years old and is very laid back and calm. He demands respect for his decisions.

"I told them that they can leave for a while," said the President. "I know it was stupid of me, but I really thought I was in no danger. So I told Patrick Stern, my Vice President, that I will let some of the Secret Servicemen go for the day. I thought I was perfectly safe with Steven, here around. I never expected that my longtime friend and colleague would try to assassinate me."

"Well," said Matt Lippins, "we all make mistakes. That is what makes us humans."

The president nodded in agreement.

The president started walking away to a waiting van just outside the door when he remembered something. He turned around and said to the three agents, "By the way."

The three agents turned to the President.

"Do you know who this Zach Cupp is?" he asked.

The agents shook their heads.

"He was my top General during the Vietnam war," replied the President. "Somehow he is back with a vengeance. I am going to request your superior, Paul? Isn’t he still your superior?"

The agents again shook their heads.

"Mike Henson," replied Steven.

"I thought Paul George was your superior," said the President. He shrugged and said, "Where have I been?"

"Mike took over when Paul resigned because of family problems," replied Steven.

"I guess I’ll have to tell him to reconsider his offer I guess," said the President as he held his chin.

"What?" asked Todd.

"Well Paul and I go way back," said the President. "We were Admirals in the war together under Zach Cupp. I was in charge of the Northern front and Paul was in charge of the Southern front. We were great friends and we never really got into it very often. Our wives would fix us meals when we had get-togethers, and we would often go fishing on the Mississippi River.

"Zach Cupp on the other hand was fed up with the war, so when he had a chance, he left the country and twenty years later found in Austria. That was when I was a congressman. I urged congress to extradite him, but they refused and told me that it was past the Statues of Limitations. I was furious. When I became president, I urged Austria to release him to us, but they refused.

"You see, this man needs to be stopped, and only Paul knows how to stop him. I will call him later and request his reinstatement."

"I hope it goes through," said Steven. "Not to be rude or anything, sir, I think that Mike Henson does not know what to do in his current job."

"That is true," replied Todd.

"Leave it to me boys," said the President. "This will all be sorted out soon. Paul respects me."

***

A day after the attack on the President, Zach Cupp, Mr. Damien, General Pablo, and Mr. Fernandez are sitting at the same table as they were a week ago.

"So, Mr. Damien," said Zach Cupp. "I see that you failed me at making Nathan Dalton to spill his guts, and you also failed to get me Paul George. How pathetic."

"But sir," said Mr. Damien, "I did not expect Paul George to be such an experienced fighter. Plus, I did not know that Nathan Dalton was so crafty."

"Looks like the mouse outsmarted the cat, or was it the other way around, Mr. Damien," replied Zach Cupp with anger.

"Sir," said Mr. Damien with fright, "if you give me another chance, I will do better, I promise!"

"Well," said Zach Cupp, "I see that you want me to have mercy on you. So, since I am such a nice guy, I will make your punishment less painful."

Zach Cupp snapped his fingers and two men in black suits grabbed Mr. Damien and smacked him onto the table in front of Zach Cupp. He took out a dull buck knife and unsheathed it.

"Sir," said Mr. Damien squirming to get free, "I thought you were going to have mercy on me?"

"I did," said Mr. Damien checking out his knife, "however, I did not say that I would not harm you."

"Sir," pleaded Mr. Damien, "please!! I am sorry!!!!"

"Sorry does not help my cause, Mr. Damien," said Zach Cupp. "Turn him over."

The two men turned Mr. Damien onto his back. Zach Cupp took his dull knife and took it to Mr. Damien’s eye. Zach Cupp slid his knife behind Mr. Damien’s eye and began to cut it out.

"PLEASE, SIR!!" yelled Mr. Damien.

Blood started to squirt from Mr. Damien’s eye onto Zach Cupp’s clothes. Then after a little wiggle from his dull knife, the eye popped out onto the floor. Mr. Damien screamed in pain and horror and held his empty socket. Zach Cupp saw the eye on the ground and smashed it. It oozed out red puss.

"That is what happens when someone does not do a job right for me," said Zach Cupp holding his knife.

***

Back at the ADOC building, Paul is sitting in Mike’s office with Mike in Paul’s old big armchair. Steven, Todd and Matt walked in responding to a call from Mike.

"You called us, sir," said Todd.

"We have found Nathan," said Mike. "He is in Vienna, Austria in our safe house there. Roy has given us new technology. Now, your maps will be uploaded into your car’s computer. It is the latest GPS technology that shows the topography and the geography of the world. It even has an option for the geology readings of your current location."

"Good ain’t it," said Roy as he walked in.

All the men turned their heads suddenly and looked at Roy.

"What are you doing?" asked Mike sternly.

"Well," said Roy, "I am here to tell you that the agent’s Mercedes is in Andy’s Chinook."

"Good," said Mike sternly, "you may leave."

Roy left into his lab just as Angel Lippins, the ADOC nurse walked in. Mike sighed in annoyance and said, "What do you need?"

"I feel that you may need me to come," she said. "I fear that Nathan may be hurt."

"How?" asked Mike.

"Mike," said Paul, "I am sorry. I talked to the President today and he wants me to retake my job as ADOC director. He feels that you are not up to the job. I accepted it."

"Are you saying that I am inadequate?" asked Mike.

"No," replied Paul. "I am just saying that you have never had leadership experience before and he feels that you need to step down."

"Who complained about my abilities?" asked Mike with frustration.

"I did," declared Steven. "Mike, if I may speak frankly, I have seen in the last month of you being our leader that you are pushy, too demanding, and you take this job too seriously."

"You know what, Steven!" yelled Mike standing up. "I feel that you are all gun ho on every mission that you were ever on!! You are what I called fired, so get out of my office!"

"NO!" yelled Paul. "You are no longer our leader," said Paul. "The president has enclosed me with a letter for you."

Mike read it, crumpled it up and slammed the ball of paper on the floor.

"The president cannot do this!" yelled Mike. "I was selected by him to be his satellite spy!"

"Yes," said Paul. "You were not intended for leadership. In fact, you were to replace me for a little while until they found another leader. However in this situation that we are in now, I have more experience than you. So, please, I would be honored if you retake your post."

Mike got up from his desk and walked out the door.

"What do we do now, sir?" asked Steven.

"Nothing," replied Paul, "right now we let him go. However, I need you, Todd, Matt and Angel go to Vienna and get Nathan. He is and still is in our safe house. His vitals are still good, but we fear that he may be hurt. Your GPS is in your car and your car is already loaded onto Andy’s Chinook."

***

Steven, Todd, Matt and Angel all jumped into the Chinook. They took their seats in the Chinook and the back door slammed shut.

"Take her up!" yelled Andy to the pilot.

The pilot pulled on the throttle and back they went up. Their car was tied down and only came unlatched when the door under the car opened.

"How long will it take for us to get to Austria, Andy?" asked Todd.

"Probably about four to five hours," replied Andy.

Todd sighed in disbelief and sat back in his seat as the helicopter sped off to the east.

About an hour into the flight, the monitor in the helicopter blipped on and Roy was on the screen.

"Gilbert has found some disturbing things in Austria, agents," said Roy.

Next to the monitor was secondary monitors. Roy’s face moved from the big monitor to one of the small monitors and a satellite image came onto the big monitor.

"The map you see there is the map of Vienna. I will attempt to zoom in onto one area."

The screen changed and in the center of the screen was a warehouse.

"This is our secret hide out in Vienna, agents," said Roy. "We have found one heat signature in that building. However, it is fading. Tina has said that in about an hour, the body temperature of, who we believe to be Nathan, has dropped from 98.9 to about 97.5 degrees. We calculate that in about five hours, his body temperature will reach about 92.1 degrees and that is a danger to his health. We have to ask you to be very quick, and Angel, please help him. You are the only person on this mission that is capable of doing surgery, if needed. So please, be quick."

The monitor blipped off and the screens went blank.

Todd sat back into his seat with another sigh.

***

A few hours later, the helicopter was above the warehouse. Inside the helicopter, Andy pushed a button and the top of the warehouse opened and he had the pilot land inside of the warehouse.

Steven, Todd, Matt, Angel and Andy all climbed out and ran into another room and found Nathan on the floor, with a small pool of blood around him.

Angel ran up to him and checked for a pulse.

"I have a pulse, but it is very weak!" she yelled. She looked at the agents, "Give me a hand here will ya?"

Steven and Todd ran over to Nathan and picked him up. They laid him on a table and Todd took off his overcoat only leaving on his flack jacket and put the coat under Nathan’s head.

Angel quickly shot him with some stimulants to make his heart run a little bit so that he can reheat. She then examined his arm with a metal piece in it. She looked at Steven and said, "I need your help."

Steven walked over to her.

"I want you to pull on this metal piece and slowly take it out," she said. "Just pull up not out or in."

Steven nodded and started to pull up.

"Andy," she said. "I need your shirt!"

Andy took off his shirt and handed it to Angel.

"You’re pretty hairy," said Matt looking at Andy’s chest.

"Sorry," said Andy, " I don’t shave much there."

After a few tense minutes, the metal piece was fully out. Blood started to pour out of Nathan’s cut and Angel made a makeshift tourniquet and wrapped it around Nathan’s cut.

"I’ll have to wait until the bleeding stops to stitch it up," she told the agents.

After a few minutes, Nathan came to and looked at them.

"Where am I?" he asked.

"Good," said Angel, "he can still talk."

"What?" asked Nathan.

"Nathan," said Todd running up to his side, "You had a terrible accident, we found you clinging to life and Angel helped you out. Can you tell us what happened?"

Nathan slowly sat up on the table, turned, and sat on it.

"I- I," said Nathan holding his head, "I remember locked in a cell in an abandoned Subway car in an abandoned subway station. I was locked there for about two days, and those two days, they tortured me. Luckily, I was able to escape, however, when I tried to escape, they tried to run me over with the car, but I before the car hit me, I was able to strafe the wall and grab onto the slow moving car. When I was inside, I stopped the subway car and crashed it. However, doing so caused me to hit my head real hard and to get that metal piece stuck into my arm."

"That is all?" asked Steven.

"No," said Nathan, "fortunately, I was able to find the name of the person who captured me. His name is Jermany Damien."

Steven nodded his head and got onto the radio in the safe house.

"Paul," said Steven.

"Paul here," he replied.

"We have found out who captured Nathan," replied the agent. "Have you ever heard of a man named Jermany Damien?"

In his office, Paul’s eyes became wide and he started sweating.

"Yes," replied Paul shaking and nervous. "He is a fugitive war criminal from Russia who is an expert at making nuclear bombs. He was the top nuclear arms maker in Russia at the end of the Cold War."

"Is there any way we can find him?" asked Steven.

"I know," said Nathan.

Steven looked at him pensively.

"He owns that abandoned subway station. That is where his base of operations is."

"Nathan knows where it is?" asked Paul.

"Yes," replied Steven.

"Then ask him to pin point it out when the map is downloaded onto the monitor in the safe house," demanded Paul.

A few minutes later, a map of Vienna blipped on the monitor in the safe house. The monitor was big and every feature came out in crystal clarity. Nathan got up and limped to the monitor and pointed to the subway station entrance. However, it was blocked off.

"Paul," said Steven. "Nathan pointed it out, however it is blocked off. It is a run down subway station."

"Roy is analyzing the data right now," said Paul. "Stay where you are until he gets done."

"Yes, sir," said Steven as the hung up the radio.

Steven turned to Andy and said, "We need the car."

Andy nodded his head and pushed a button on his wrist watch and the back hatch of the helicopter came down and the Mercedes rolled out.

"We need you to make a copy of that map so we can get to the subway station," said Steven.

Nathan took out a disk from one of the drawers next to the computer screen and put it into the disk drive. He pushed the download button and in a few minutes, the map was on the disk.

Nathan limped over to Steven, handed him the disk and said, "Please be careful Steven. He has people patrolling the whole subway station. Not to mention that the place is very unsafe. I heard that the subway system is very fragile. The support beams are the only things holding the roads up and holding the subway system tunnels together. If you run into any trouble, blow the place up."

"Okay," replied Steven.

"I am coming too, right?" asked Matt.

"No," said Todd, "Steven and I want you to stay with them to keep them safe. We do not need Nathan and the nurse to get killed."

Matt nodded his head.

Steven got into the driver seat, put on his seatbelt and started the car as Todd hopped in and put on his seat belt. Andy opened the door to the safe house and the agents were off. The car sped out of the safe house and went toward their destination.

***

In Cuba, after getting off a cruise ship at Havana, agents Gilbert Bazan and Gary Dalton walked out of the boat. They were both wearing nice Hawaiian shirts and nice white Corduroys, looking as inconspicuous as possible. They walked off Gilbert after Gary in nice orderly fashion trying to blend in. They even had a some sunglasses on to boot. Both of the cell phones rang, and they both, simultaneously answered them. The phones were interconnected with ADOC HQ, and they both heard the same thing.

"Agents," said Paul. "We have found the whereabouts of one of Zach Cupp’s contacts. His name is General Jose Pablo. He is a ruthless man, and some of our contacts in Cuba have said that they have been seeing a lot of unmarked crates that were being shipped off the dock, unchecked, and taken straight to General Pablo’s base. They said that they are not sure if the Cuban government has anything to do with this, or if they are condoning this behavior, but whatever it is, it is in secret and it may compromise the mission in Austria, and compromise our very ways of life."

"Sounds a lot like the Cuban Missile Crisis back in the 60’s, sir," said Gary Dalton. Gary remembers vividly the nervousness of the Cuban Missile Crisis. He firmly believes that this time Cuba will have no hesitation on unleashing this deadly arsenal on America.

"Sure does, Gary," replied Paul. "However, I firmly believe that you will do a great job. And Gary, sorry for making you go on this mission, but Dustin is out protecting the president, and you are the only one who is qualified to do this. I know that you normally do sniper missions, but I believe that your skills as a trained Vietnam War sniper will come in handy here."

"Yes, sir," said Gary.

"Agents," said Roy butting in, "the base is in the city of Santa Clara. I know that is quite a ways away, however, we have contacts in Havana that have agreed to take you to Santa Clara to the factory. Please be careful agents."

The two agents hung up their phones and walked on. A limo parked on the curb a few seconds later.
"Mr. Dalton, Mr. Bazan," said the Cuban Chauffeur. The man was dressed in a nice dark tuxedo and his hair was swooped back and jelled.

As the two agents walked up to the car, the Chauffeur opened the back door and the two agents hopped in. There was already a man in there.

"Hello, agents," said the man shaking the two agents’ hands. "My name is Mario Sanchez. I hear that you two are investigating General Jose Pablo, am I correct?"

"Yes," replied Gary.

"So are we," said Mario, "however, we have not found the source of his finances. We have attacked him and captured a lot of his men and contacts, however we do not know how he seems to get his money.

"We believe that he might be connected to Jermany Damien in Austria," replied Gilbert.

"Yes," replied Mario. "We have heard of this Jermany Damien, however, we have never connected the dots. There seems to be another person or persons involved."

"Probably," replied Gary. "We have others in the field as we speak. We hope to be getting some more information about Jermany Damien soon."

Mario nodded.

***

Todd and Steven finally made it to the Subway station entrance, however, it was blocked off by some boards that were bolted down to the concrete.

Todd looked at Steven and said, "There has to be another way in."

"But where?" asked Steven.

The two agents looked around for a second and Steven spotted a manhole cover that seems to be out of the hole a little bit.

"There," said Steven pointing at the manhole.

The two agents walked over to the manhole and removed the cover. Steven took out his flashlight from one of his belt compartments and shined it in the hole.

"This seems legitimate," said Todd. "It looks as if the sewer tunnel runs into the Subway."

Steven climbed down into the hole, followed by Todd and when they both hit the bottom, they looked for a way into the Subway system tunnels.

"It sure stinks down here," said Steven.

"What do you expect from poop?" asked Todd, "roses?"

Steven gave out a grunt and continued on. Todd followed behind him, but then he slipped and fell through a small hole in the sewer pipe. When the pipe broke, it triggered a trap door and a ladder to come down. Just before Todd could fall and hurt himself, he caught onto the ladder. Steven ran to the hole and found Todd holding on.

"I think I found the way in," said Todd.

"Great," replied Steven climbing down the ladder.

The subway tunnel was still lit, but some of the bulbs were burnt out or broken. Sewage leaked from the trap door to the rails of the abandoned track.

"Strange how the lights are still on," said Steven. "It is like we are back in another time."

Todd nodded his head and led the way down the tunnel. The two agents walked for about a half a mile until they found themselves next to a station with Cuban militants standing as guards and scientists working at some lab stations. The two agents bent down and whispered.

"Steven," whispered Todd, "I believe we have found the station where Nathan was interrogated.

"How do we get through there without being detected?" asked Steven.

"Remember what Nathan said," Todd reminded Steven, "he said that the only things that are holding this place up are the pillars. If we take out some of the pillars that are in ok shape, we should be able to destroy this place."

"We should take out this area," said Steven. "This, I believe, is the base of Mr. Damien. But we should get some information first."

"I have an idea," said Todd cheerfully.

Todd took out a dollar bill from his pocket and hooked the corner to his rappel gun. He let out some slack and scooted the dollar close to one of the guards. When one of the guards saw it, Todd pushed a button that made the line retract and the guard followed it all the way to the side of the cliff that looks over the tracks. The guard bent down the reach for it, and Steven yanked him down and killed him by breaking the guard’s neck. Steven took off the guards clothes, except for his underwear and put the uniform on over his own clothes.

Steven climbed up and waved the dollar in the air.

"Found it!" yelled Steven in Cuban faking to be happy

"You idiot!" yelled the other guard in Cuban. "All that for a stinking American dollar that some tourist probably accidentally flushed down the toilet."

"Hey," said Steven in Cuban, "its free money and I did not even have to shoot someone to get it."

The guard rolled his eyes at him and guarded on. Steven walked over to him and handed the guard a cigar from his pocket.

"Take a break," said Steven in Cuban to the guard. "You deserve it."

The guard smiled and walked down the tunnel, and Todd followed him and then mugged him and took his clothes.

"Thanks for the cigar, senior," said Todd.

"What?" asked Steven.

"Thanks for the cigar, Steven, but I do not smoke," said Todd jokingly.

Steven smiled. Then the agent turned around and looked behind him at the scientists working at each station and spots a computer.

"Todd," whispers Steven.

"What?" whispers Todd.

"That computer probably has some information that we can use," replied the agent. "If we can tap into it, we might be able to get the information needed. And have you noticed that we are the only guards here?"

Todd looked around and replied, "Yes."

Steven walked back to the back to one of the scientists and said in Cuban, "Sir."

The scientist turned to Steven and said also in Cuban, "Yes."

"Where is the bathroom?" asked Steven.

The scientist pointed toward a door on the left, next to a filing cabinet.

"Thanks."

Steven walked there slowly. Then a scientist walked into the bathroom and Steven followed. Inside of the bathroom, the scientist was washing his hands.

"Hello," said Steven to the scientist as he walked by.

"Hello," replied the scientist.

When the scientist swiped some water to wash off his face, Steven grabbed the scientist by the arm and broke his neck. The scientist fell and the agent quickly pulled him into a stall, and took and switched clothes with him.

Steven pulled down the scientist’s pants, who was wearing the guard’s uniform and made him sit on the toilet, and put a news paper up to make it like he is reading it.

Steven shrugged a little at the image and walked out of the bathroom and went to a computer. He looked around the files for a little while and found a file called: Operation Domino. The files that were contained in this folder required a password. It said on the screen, Authorized Personnel Only.

Steven looked at the card that the scientist had in his pocket and punched in the number that was written on the card. 56811256, it read.

READING..................

Then, the file opened up. Steven grabbed into a drawer and pulled out a disk. He quickly downloaded all the information to the disk and then he erased it.

An alarm sounded.

"FILE HACKER!!" said a voice on the intercom.

"What have you done!" yelled one of the scientists. "You have sabotaged the whole network!"

"That file was the base of the whole network?" asked Steven acting surprised.

"YES!" yelled the scientist. "Guards will be coming soon to pick you up."

"Well, time to get out of here," said Steven.

Steven bolted toward Todd, who was already more than eager to go. They quickly planted some charges on two strong pillars and they jetted down the subway line.

About 45 feet down, Todd detonated the charges and there went a boom and a whole lot of screaming.

"Well," said Steven running with Todd, "there goes that base, lets just hope that Jermany Damien was there."

"Yah," replied Todd.

A few minutes later, Steven and Todd were in the car and off to the safe house, when Paul came on the monitor of the computer in the car.

"Paul!" said Steven gladly. "We have successfully taken out Damien’s base!"

"That is good news," said Paul. With a slight change in tone of his voice he continued, "but we received a distress call from the safe house. It said under attack. However, we have not heard anything from them for quite a while. I believe that something has happened to them. Go and check it out."

"Ok," said Todd as the monitor turned off.

Steven looked at Todd and Todd at Steven. "Get goin’!" yelled Todd with wide eyes.

Steven kicked the gas pedal and sped faster.

In about 5 minutes, they were at the safe house, which there did not seem to be any sign of disturbance of any kind.

"False alarm?" asked Steven.

"I dunno," replied Todd reaching into the dashboard and getting out his SIG 552 and cocking it.

Steven grabbed his SPAS 12 and cocked it as well. The two agents hopped out of the car and ran into the safe house.

The safe house was dark, it seems that the light had been turned off. Steven flipped the switch and the two agents saw a horrible site. Andy was on the ground in a pool of blood, Nathan was on the ground, but some how still breathing, Angel was nowhere to be seen, the helicopter was gone, Matt Lippens was shot between the eyes, and the whole place was a big mess.

Steven and Todd ran up to Nathan.

Nathan looked up at Todd and said faintly, "Mr. Damien was here with a horde of Cuban troops. They took Angel and the helicopter. Andy and Matt are dead. I need some help....."

Nathan’s head went limp, and he died.

"NOOOOO!!!" yelled Todd with anger. He threw his weapon at a monitor and the it exploded into a shower of glass and sparks.

"That punk!!!" yelled Todd some more with his arms in the air. "Attacking people in cold blood!!!!!!!!!"

Steven punched Todd in the head and knocked him out. Steven went over to the monitors and phoned into ADOC HQ.

"Paul," said Steven. "We have a big problem at the safe house."

"What?" asked Paul with freight.

"Andy, Matt and Nathan were shot and killed," said Steven. "Angel had been taken and the helicopter is nowhere to be found. We have a crisis on our hands. If we do not get that helicopter, some valuable information will be lost and we could be looking at a Homeland Security breach."

"Right," said Paul. "I will call General Pennington and order some Hornets to find it."

"Good," said Steven. He turned off the monitor and sat down on the ground with his head between his legs.

***

Three F-18 Hornets flew around the ADOC helicopter.

"Pilot, this is the US Air Force, we order you to land your vehicle and prepare to be boarded," said one of the F-18 Hornet pilots.

The jets were in a triangle formation. One was behind the helicopter, and one on each side of the it.

The pilot of the helicopter did not comply. Instead, the back of the helicopter opened up and two men with rocket launcher stood in it and shot at the jet behind it. The rockets slammed into the F-18 and blew off the wings. The pilot ejected and employed his parachute and he slowly floated down into Polish countryside.

The other two F-18’s broke formation and shot at the helicopter, blowing it up. The helicopter split in two and crashed into a cornfield.

"F-18 to Germany Base," said the lead pilot, "helicopter is down. Searching for survivors."

The remains of the helicopters was burning, and it appeared that there was no life around it. The two jets flew back to base, and the pilot that ejected was picked up three days later.

***

Steven and Todd on the other hand got a ride home, via another helicopter that was based in Germany. The two agents were dropped off in Germany and then two days later taken to St. Louis, Missouri.

Paul looked over the data that Steven retrieved from the Subway station and sent it directly to Roy to analyze it, and then Roy sent it to the Department of Homeland Security.

"Agents," said Paul as Steven and Todd stood in front of Paul’s desk, "you have done a good job out there."

"Good?" asked Todd, "is that what you call it?"

Todd slumped his head down and looked at the floor and said, "If that is what you call good, then perfection is when nobody on our side is killed."

"Todd," said Paul with concern, "I know you and Nathan were close brothers, and I am sorry for your loss, however he died in the line of duty."

"I should have been there in his spot," replied Todd with anger.

"Then," said Paul, "if you had died, then Nathan would have said the same thing."

Paul got up from his chair and laid his right hand on Todd’s right shoulder, looked straight into his eyes and said, "Look Todd, I want you to take a few days off. Spend time with your wife and kids. Spend time with your parents and friends in Indiana. They miss you and you miss them. The government has already informed them of Nathan’s death, and we have arranged for him to be buried. All the expenses will be paid for his burial."

A tear fell down Todd’s cheek and he walked out of Paul’s office.

"Todd," said Steven with concern.

Todd did not look back at Steven, he walked out of the building and got into his car and drove off toward the airport.

Steven looked back at Paul. Paul looked concerned as he walked back to his desk and clicked on an icon on his laptop.

"Steven," said Paul looking up at the agent.

Steven nodded.

"I have hired a new agent to take the place of Matt Lippins," he said.

"What is his name?" asked Steven.

"You mean, what is my name?" asked a woman’s voice walking in from Roy’s office.

The woman was wearing a black and white female’s business suit, and she was carrying some files. Her hair was black, and she was white, but anyone could tell that she tanned often. She was about 5’2".

"This is Shannon Smith," said Paul. "She was one of my old agents when I was with the CIA six years ago."

Steven shook her hand and said, "Nice to meet you."

Shannon smiled and replied, "I have heard many good things about you. You and Todd have a long line of missions that you have completed, and recently you have been promoted to Major. It seems to me that you are up for another promotion if your streak of success continues."

"I have heard a lot about you as well, ma’am," replied Steven. "It seems that you were the one who was able to find the whereabouts of Saddam Hussein. How?"

She chuckled and replied, "Well, I am a woman of many talents. I can speak twelve different languages and I am able to blend into any group of people. People trust a pretty face such as mine."

Steven smiled at Paul coughed to get their attention.

"Well, agents," said Paul, "since you are now officially acquainted, I will now debrief your next mission. Thanks to Mrs. Smith, here, I was able to find out where Zach Cupps whereabouts are at."

***

Agents Gary and Gilbert sat at a table with a laptop looking over the information that was sent to them by Paul. They looked over the information about General Pablo.

The information that was on the screen told about how he was a decorated General for the Army of Cuba, but late in his career, he turned his back on his country, and was a fugitive hiding out in the country that he protected. He was not able to be executed or captured because of the protection from his own men supplied. He had thousands that stood behind him, and they would fight tooth to claw to protect the general.

General Pablo was 60 years old, about 5’11", and was the second highest general in Cuba. He was court-martialed after trying to assassinate Fidel Castro so that he can take control of the country.

He is now under the command of Zach Cupp, and his colleagues are Jermany Damien and Reiley Fernendez. He is the one who supplies the troops, guards and he will house a nuclear missile that will be launched at New York City. The bomb is still in construction, and the construction site is in the country of Austria.

Gary and Gilbert looked at each other in disbelief. They called Mario to come into the room and told him the news.

"So you are saying that Jermany Damien is making nuclear bombs and biological and chemical bombs for General Pablo to house in his missile silo?" asked Mario.

"That is right," replied Gary.

"Good," replied Mario. "This should be enough information for the Cuban government to destroy the base."

"You still need us?" asked Gary.

"Yes," replied Mario. "Prior to Cuba attacking the base, we need you to go in there and kill General Pablo."

"How do we get into the base?" asked Gilbert.

"That is just I was about to get to," replied Mario. "You two will be disguised as women to get into the compound."

Gary and Gilbert became alarmed.

"WHOAH!!!!" yelled Gary. "What are you talking about?"

"We know from experience that General Pablo is a womanizer," replied Mario. "So the only way for you to get close to him is to dress up like women."

"I feel kind of strange about this," said Gilbert. "Plus, we would look stupid in a dress."

"That is the beauty of it," declared Mario. "We have supplies that can make you seem like a woman."

"How?" asked Gary.

"It is a variation of make up, a girdle, a mask, a wig and wads of cotton balls," said Mario.

"Simple, but I think it might work," replied Gary.

Mario nodded in happiness.

"Nah!! I am just kidding you two," said Mario in laughter.

"You mean we do not have to dress up like women?" asked Gilbert in relief.

"No," replied Mario. Gilbert felt betrayed. "Actually you still have to, but not as mistresses, but as women who are seeking to be a secretary."

Gary looked confused.

"It is simple really," said Mario. "My wife put a resume’ over the internet and later got a reply from General Pablo. So, since it was great timing that you got here, about the same day she received the reply, I thought that I would send you both to there."

"Wait," said Gilbert, "it would be kind of alarming if he had two interviews for secretaries."

"No worries, my good chum," said Mario cheerfully. "One of you will simply be a girlfriend that is there to bring comfort."

"Okay," said Gary, "however, my voice is not exactly feminine."

"Quite true," said Mario, "however, I will send with you a radio that my wife and my secretary will hear, and they will supply the answer, and all you have to do is lip sing it."

"Ingenious," declared Gary.

"Thanks," said Mario, "but it was my wife that suggested it."

"Still, you married an Einstein for a wife," said Gary.

Mario nodded in a thank you.

***

Agents," said Paul as a helicopter landed on the helipad on the ADOC HQ, "you will go straight to Austria, find and kill Zach Cupp. Now suit up in Roy’s office."

The agents nodded and walked into Roy’s lab.

"Hello agents," said Roy.

"Roy Randalf," said Shannon. "You are one of the top weapon analysts in the country, and to boot, you were the one who helped take down the Socialist Union Party in Turkey."

"Oh paleeze," said Roy cheerfully waving his hand like a little whimpy girl. "I was just doing my job."

"And to boot, we have a comic in our mist," said Steven with laughter.

"Now," said Roy. "I understand this is the first time we have had a female agent working for us, however, I have made a suit that will protect you and be light weight at the same time."

"Wait a minute buster," said Shannon. "Are you saying just that because I am a female, that I cannot lift my weight like a man?"

"Yes," replied Roy. "It is biologically correct, because naturally women are not as finely toned as we men."

"Give me a weight," demanded Shannon determined to prove Roy wrong.

Steven came back with a barbell that was in the corner of Roy’s lab. It was very heavy, but Steven managed to carry it all the way to Shannon. Steven laid it on the ground in front of her. Shannon spit on her hands a bit, twitched her fingers a bit, then she lifted the barbell up utilizing her back and legs, and pulled the barbell over her head, and slammed it down, cracking the floor in the process.

Roy stood there dumbfounded.

"You see, Roy," said Shannon valiantly. "Just because we women may seem a bit weak, we have a secret weapon, disguise. Don’t judge a book by its cover, buddy. But, the suit is my color, and I will wear it because it is just fabulous."

Roy then looked confused, looked at Steven who was equally dumbfounded and handed Shannon the suit. Steven too took his suit, and they went into separate changing rooms and put their stealth suits on. When they got out, Roy handed them some formal clothing that was mainly used for balls or high class events. For Shannon, a long mink overcoat and for Steven, a nice tuxedo with a nice bear skin overcoat.

"What is this, Roy?" asked Steven.

"I am sure that that jerk is going to hold a ball to show off his masculinity," said Roy, "so I decided to give you these suits. They are fully capable of holding weapons. Steven, I have put in your SPAS 12, and a semi automatic .45. Shannon, I have put in two MP35K so you can pull out all the stops, and a silenced Dragunov sniper rifle."

The two agents nodded and walked out to the helipad. They both got in and the helicopter took off toward Vienna, Austria. In the helicopter, a man named Kalem Isaac stood looking at some of the equipment that they were carrying. He looked over at the two agents and introduced himself.

Then he pointed to the car that was sitting in the middle of a release hatch door. "This is your car, yes?" asked Kalem.

Kalem is about 35 years old. He is about 6 foot tall and he has got the curliest hair of anyone in the world.

"Yes," replied Steven. "that is our vehicle."

"Looks nice," replied Kalem looking back at it.

"Yes," replied Steven. "Roy gets his cars from the best companies, and ruins them with gadgets."

"Hmm, does he," replied Kalem. "Perhaps they are improvements."

"Probably," replied Steven. Steven looked around for a second and looked back at Kalem as the two agents sat down on the bench on the side of the plane. "So tell me, Kalem, how long have you worked for the Air Force?"

"Too long," replied Kalem. "But I would not trade this job for anything else."

"Enlighten me," said Steven with a smile.

"Why do you ask?" asked Kalem.

"I used to be in the Army in Afghanistan," replied the agent.

"Well," said Kalem. "Kimberly and I met once after a plane crash during a test flight."

Steven laughed.

"I know it is funny," said Kalem, "and probably the dumbest reason to get married. However, it seems that since that crash, we have found out that there was more to this love thing than I had imagined."

"How?" asked Shannon butting in.

"Well, we were the only ones of six that survived the crash," replied Kalem. "A lot of my friends died on that C47."

"Sorry to hear that," said Steven with remorse.

"Well, at least it worked out for the best," replied Kalem. "Are you married Major?"

"Once," replied Steven with thoughts of anguish coming back, but he quickly suppressed them.

"Oh, I see," replied Kalem. "I guess life is a jerk huh?"

"I guess you can say that," said Steven turning his head toward the door in the back.

After hours of flight, and no talking from either of them, the helicopter finally reached the safe house in Vienna. The car was lowered in to the building and the agents rappelled down. The helicopter took off for home and the agents were there by themselves as the dome of the safe house closed.

"So what do we do now?" asked Shannon.

"Well," said Steven looking at his clothes. "Lets crash a party."

"Oh, yah!" said Shannon. "I forgot that scumbag has a party tonight."

"Lets keep a low profile," said Steven. "Who knows what information he may have. Plus, we must wait until he is alone to kill him."

The two agents hopped into their Mercedes. Steven drove as Shannon took the passenger seat. A few minutes later, they arrived at the party just as the moon was full in the top of the sky,

***

Back in Cuba, it was about 2pm, and Gary and Gilbert were ready for their mission. Both dressed in drag, the two agents were escorted to General Pablo’s office. There were many other candidates for the secretary job, and they were probably going to wait for a while. The women looked at the two men in drag, not suspecting that they were actually men, smiled, and turned their heads away and pensively waiting for their chance to get a job. Gary and Gilbert sat down next to each other and waited with the rest of them.

***

Todd entered his mother’s house in Marion, Indiana and was met by his morning mother and father, Sharon and Gerald Dalton. Nathan’s wife Tasha was there as well. They all hugged and shed a tear for Nathan and prayed for strength.

Todd sat down on the couch as Sharon and Gerald sat on the rocking chairs in the old house. Tasha sat on the floor. They talked for a while, exchanging memories about Nathan. Todd told stories of how Steven saved his life many times and how he was a great asset to him.

"You know," said Todd mournfully, "if it weren’t for Steven being around to help me in times of crisis, I would surely of taken my own life in frustration."

"He sounds like a great guy," said his mother Sharon. "I would love to meet him."

Todd nodded his head.

***

Back in Vienna, Steven and Shannon walked in and were greeted by a butler.

"May I take your coat madam?" asked the polite butler.

"No thanks," said Shannon. "I prefer to leave it on. It is mighty chili in here."

"As you wish Madam," replied the butler walking off.

"Where is he?" asked Shannon looking around looking for Zach Cupp.

"They probably have a grand entrance for him," replied Steven. "He is probably too proud to be found with such low lives as ourselves."

Shannon laughed. "Low lives?" she asked in confused humor. "There are the creme of the crème of Austria. They are probably as low life as the queen of England."

Steven searched the area for any sign of Zach, however could not find any. Then he spots the bathroom. He turns to talk to Shannon, however a nosy butler walks over.

"I am going to use the restroom, baby cakes, I will be back," said Steven.

Shannon looked at him strangely and looked at him with a face that said, "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT??"

Steven shook his head to the left toward the bathroom as the nosy butler coming over and walked into the bathroom.

"Hello, Madam," said the butler holding a plate of martinis, "martini for the lovely lady?"

"Sorry Jeeves," said Shannon. "I only drink the purest martinis, those are contaminated."

The butler stood there not swayed by the insult and walked on.

Inside of the bathroom, there was a man in a stall that seemed to be a guard in the castle. There was a flush inside of the stall and the guard casually walked out.

"Excuse me, sir," said Steven waving him down.

The guard turned around and replied, "Yes, may I help you?"

"When is Zach Cupp going to make an appearance?" asked Steven.

"I am sorry, sir," said the guard, "but Mr. Cupp had to cancel his appearance. He will not be meeting us here. He has a representative here to make his grand appearance for him."

"What is this party for?" asked Steven.

"This is a public party for anyone," replied the guard. "However, Zach Cupp made it especially clear that he wants the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, the president of Germany, and the president in Russia here as well. They have all arrived."

"When will his representative make his appearance?" asked Steven.

"In about ten minutes," replied the guard.

"Thank you, sir," said Steven.

The guard with white gloves and a blue jacket and blue army pants bowed and walked toward the exit of the bathroom. However, Steven caught him from behind and broke his neck. Steven took the dead guard into one of the stalls and traded clothes with him. Steven pulled the man’s pants down and posed him to look like he is reading a newspaper while using the toilet. He locked the stall door and crawled under the stall and went out the door.

Shannon on the other hand was just standing next to the cocktail table sampling some of the caviar.

"Good isn’t it?" asked a man in Russian.

"Not really," said Shannon back in Russian.

The Russian man giggled a bit and replied, "I see that you are not much of a caviar gal. I never really was attracted to the crap either."

"What is your name?" asked Shannon.

"I am Gertrude Piorit, the president of Russia," replied the man.

Shannon looked surprised as Steven ran up to her and took her aside.

"This place is going to be blown up," said Steven.

"How do you know?" asked Shannon.

"Cupp is not showing up, and they have a representative here," replied Steven frantically. "On a report that I read from the information that Todd and I got from Jermany Damien’s HQ, he said that their next target was the UK, Russia and Germany. Who is here?"

Shannon looked around for a second and was stunned by what she saw. "Germany, Russia and UK leaders are here," she said. "But how-"

"May I have your attention please?" said a voice on the microphone. "May I introduce your host today, Sven Tzar!"

Everyone clapped as a man with something in his had that seemed to be small and with a little button with his thumb on it came downstairs. Steven rushed to the stairway and waited for him to get down the stairs. Steven shot the man in the head, stunning and scaring everyone. All the people left the building as guards started to shoot at Steven. Steven managed to dodge all the bullets and duck behind the bar counter. Shannon ran and ducked behind the counter as well and they both took out their weapons.

"Can you use those?" asked Steven as he looked at Shannon’s double MP35K’s.

"Watch," said Shannon as he got up and started to shoot at the guards and killed two. She ducked as soon as the guards started to shoot.

Steven then got up and shot one guards killing him immediately. Now there was only five guards to take care of. When more bullets started to fly, Steven ducked and Shannon took over and shot the rest of the guards until they were all dead.

Steven quickly got up and ran toward the remote control. He pushed Shannon out the door to their car, and as soon as they got into the car and drove off, he pushed the button and the whole castle exploded.

"How did you know?" asked Shannon.

"When you have seen as much out of the ordinary things in your life, you expect the extraordinary," replied Steven.
"Thanks, Confucius," said Shannon with a laugh.

Steven drove the car into the city and drove to the direction of the safe house. The door to the safe house opened and Steven drove in. The two agents got out and Steven dinged into ADOC.

"Paul," said Steven.

In Paul’s office, his computer showed a picture of Steven.

"Yes, agent," said Paul.

"The party was a decoy," said Steven. "It was a mere set up for three leaders to die. Russia, UK and Germany were the main targets."

"Strange," said Paul.

"Sorry," declared Agent Smith. "I really thought that he was there. Some of my contacts in the CIA told me about it."

"We are not associated with the CIA, ma’am," said Paul. "We are in association with the president. We have not the right to work with the CIA."

"Why?" she asked. "You hired me from the CIA."

"From the permission of the president," replied Paul. "We only dabble with the CIA when the president says that we can."

"Sorry, sir," said Shannon. "I really thought it was the right thing to do."

"Even so, the CIA do not know anything about this operation," said Paul.

"Then how do we get our information?" asked Shannon.

"We have secret contacts in each country that- by the decree of the president- that they are placed there for our convenience. We have contacts in each country," replied Paul.

"Then, do I contact them?" she asked.

"They contact me, and I relay the information about them," said Paul. "Now since you were once a CIA agent, you probably have the information about him, since we spy on all former generals," said Paul.

Shannon nodded in agreement.

***

"Next," said a woman motioning to Agent Gary.

Gary got up and walked into the office of General Pablo.

"Good morning, miss," said General Pablo with a smile.

"Good morning, sir," replied Gary, which it was just a woman on the other end speaking through Gary and he is just lip singing.

"I see you have a great resume’, and I am interested in hiring you," said the general. "I also see that you have great skills in typing and you follow directions very well."

Gary nodded.

"Now," said the general with his hands folded together on his desk, and letting his long nasty looking beard touch his desk, "do you have any other skills?"

Gary nodded and stood up and took a .45 out from his pocket and replied, "I am one heck of a marksman!"

"Guar-!" that was all that the general could get out when Gary shot him between the eyes.

Out in the lobby, Gilbert stood up and told everyone to get out of the building and ran to the general’s office. He ran into two guards and shot them both dead. He opened the door and found the general sitting back in his chair with a bullet hole between his eyes and Gary standing there.

"I knocked him dead by my performance," said Gary.

Gilbert laughed and said, "We had better get out of here before the troops come!"

Gary nodded and the two ran out and got into the limo and drove off to their safe house.

***

Merriam, Todd’s wife walked into Sharon’s house and hugged Todd.

"I am so sorry that your brother died, dear," she said with love.

"Me, too," replied Todd with a tear.

"Will this mean that you are quitting your job?" asked Merriam.

"I do not know yet," replied the agent. "I am not sure."

"Well," said Merriam, "whatever your decision is, I will stand by you."

"Thank you," replied Todd in tears.

***

"What do we do now?" asked Steven to Paul.

"Wait there for further instructions," replied Paul.

Steven nodded and turned off the monitor.

Dustin walked into Paul’s office and stood in front of his desk.

"Ah, Mr. Kellogg," said Paul. "I have a request for you."

"Yes?" asked Steven.

"I have an access code for you that I stole from the CIA," said Paul. The number was 556JU76. Paul handed Dustin the code on a scrap paper.

"I want you to go onto the CIA HQ website and click on access," said Paul. "Then I want you to put in this code. This should get you into their network and I want you to look up Shannon Smith."

"Sir?" asked Dustin. "Isn’t this against Homeland Security policy?"

"Yes," said Paul. "However, I need you to do this for me. You know a heck a lot about computers than I do, and you used to be a hacker for the FBI."

"Yes," said Dustin. "That was before I became a SWAT agent. But I do not do that anymore."

"Yes," said Paul. "I am quite aware of that, but I need you to look up her and bring me the information."

"Why?" asked Dustin.

"This is for Steven," replied Paul. "I think he may be in trouble."

"Well," said Dustin. "I guess if you insist."

"Thanks," said Paul.

Dustin walked out of Paul’s office and walked into his own office and went onto the CIA website. He clicked on the icon that said ACCESS and when the page came up, he put in the code.

Suddenly, a mass of names came onto the screen, and Dustin clicked on the one that said Shannon Smith.

The file read like this:

 

Shannon Michael Smith

 

29

 

June 14, 1978

 

Graduated from MIT with a Masters in Psychology and Sociology. Minored in Science. Learned 11 languages: Russian, German, Chinese, Spanish, Japanese, French, Greek, Dutch, Vietnamese, Korean and Italian.

 

Single

 

Found Dead in Austria Investigating Zach Cupp January 19 2001.

 

July 13, 2007 Found in camp by Austrian police and taken back to the USA. Shannon Smith was given a Psychoanalysis and found to be in great health. No sign of any psychological brainwashing.

 

Transferred to American Department of Covert.

Dustin looked up in confusion. He printed out the data and went to Paul’s office. He handed Paul the paper and he read through it. He stood up suddenly.

"Hmm," said Paul. "Just as I suspected. She is working for Zach Cupp."

"How do you know?" asked Dustin.

"I have seen it before in the CIA," replied Paul. "I had a guy come back from Zach Cupp a few years back. He tried to assassinate the president, but failed."

"So you think that Zach Cupp is using Shannon Smith to get at us?" asked Dustin.

"Not sure, lets hope not," said Paul.

***

In the safe house, Steven and Shannon were sitting at the table at the back end. They were chatting about missions that they were on.

"So," said Steven, "how did you find Saddam Hussein?"

"Well," replied Shannon thinking, "I managed to find some men who were working for him, like generals and staff and the army was able to find him."

"Then have you any experience in the field, like assassins?" asked Steven.

"Oh, yes," said Shannon, "I have done many assassin missions. I have to admit that I have already killed Osama bin Laden. However, nobody except the CIA know that."

"Then why do they keep looking for him?" asked Steven.

"It certainly not for money," she replied. "It is so that our troops can continue to fight and help Afghanistan to grow."

"Ingenious," said Steven.

"Yes," she said. "However, I have not been totally honest with you."

"With what?" asked Steven.

"It seems that the short allotted time together, I have grown to like you, Steven," she said.

"Romantically or platonically?" asked Steven.

"Romantically," replied Shannon.

"Sorry," said Steven. "I must be frank, but I am not available."

"What?" she asked with anger.

"I am seeing Angel Lippins," replied Steven with a depressing let down to Shannon.

"But it is not certain that she is alive!" she said pensively.

"Yes, I know," replied Steven. "However, through our short time of being together, I have promised that unless she is confirmed dead, that I will not be seeing other people. Same thing for her."

"But she his dead, Steven," said Shannon. "You will like me more."

"Perhaps," said Steven. "But I cannot break a promise."

"But I can give you so much more!" she yelled. "I can give you the world!"

Steven looked puzzled.

"Steven!" she yelled standing up. "I want you!"

"Sorry, ma’am, but you cannot have me," he said calmly.

"Then that is it!" yelled Shannon. "I have tried to impress you, but you seem to be more interested with that dead woman than me!"

Shannon whistled and the door of the safe house was blown open and ten Cuban militants rushed in. Steven ran behind his car and took out his .45. Shannon ran to the militants and stood behind them.

"What are you doing!" yelled Steven to Shannon.

"I told you I can give you so much more, Steven!" yelled Shannon. "But it seems that you wish to die before that happens."

She motioned to one of the guards and said, "Bring in the double."

A guard took a man, about the same height of Steven Goodykoontz and threw him on the floor. There was a mask on him that seemed to be super glued onto his face. The double was wearing a stealth uniform that looked similar to the ADOC standard issue. One of the guards took out his AK47 and shot the man in the head.

"So," said Steven. "Nathan, Andy and Matthew are not dead after all. Those bodies we found were fake."

"Quite correct," said Shannon. "Just like me six years ago. My double was found in an Austrian dump site and I was presumed to be dead, but I came back. I now work for Zach Cupp, and I am his very own double agent. It only takes six years to make a hardened United States loyal to become a Zach Cupp follower. That is exactly what is going to happen with you, so why don’t you put down your weapon and come with us."

"It seems I do not have a choice," said Steven.

"You do," said Shannon, "die or live."

Steven threw his gun away and put his hands behind his head as two Cuban militants took Steven away.

***

Later that day, in a secret jail cell in an abandoned warehouse in the old ghetto towns of Vienna, Austria, two Cuban guards threw Steven into a dark cell. The cells were fully furnished with a shower, toilet, sink and a bed. That was all the accommodates that he was allowed. Zach Cupp looked into Steven’s cell and smiled. He gave an arrogant wave and then Shannon walked in and blew Steven a kiss. Steven glared at her.

"Watch him," demanded Zach Cupp to a 6 foot tall guard.

The guard saluted and stood to the right of the cell.

There was a light switch in the cell, and Steven turned it on. The lights were flickering. Steven looked around the cell looking for anything that will help him escape. He looked under the pillow on the bed and found a cork. He put it in one of his empty pockets of his stealth suit. His stealth suit was totally empty. The Cuban militants cleaned it out and took all his weapons and gadgets.

Steven drew his attention under the bed and found an old blanket, he laid it on the bed.

"Steven," whispered a voice outside the bars.

Steven looked toward the cell across the hall and saw Nathan.

"Steven," whispered the voice again. "Over here."

Steven walked to the cell doors.

"What?" asked Steven.

"Are you trying to escape?" asked Nathan.

"Yes," replied Steven.

"Good luck," said Nathan. "There is nothing in this room that can help. It is good to see you again."

"Likewise," replied Steven.

"Shut up!" yelled the guard.

Steven backed up and looked around his cell some more. He went toward the sink that was on the right corner of the room. It was a simple sink that stood from the floor with a big pipe. A pipe from next to the shower head was connected to the faucet of the sink. He turned the knob and water came out. He took out the cork and jammed it into the sink hole, which was a perfect fit. Then he turned on the shower. He doubled up the blanket and laid it over the open drain. Water started to rise in Steven’s cell so he stood on his bed and called for the guard with a bell that was hanging from the ceiling. The guard walked toward the cell, tripped and banged his head against the bars of the cell knocking him out.

Steven reached out of his cell and took out the man’s key and unlocked his cell. The man was carrying a .45 semiautomatic and he took it. He unlocked Nathan’s cell.

"Where are the others?" asked Steven.

"They were put into different cells down stairs," replied Nathan. "But be careful, there are guards on that level too."

Steven took the knocked out guard, killed him and locked him in his own cell. He turned off the lights on this floor and ran to the stairway and Nathan followed. The two agents walked slowly down the spiral stairwell until they got to the second level. Steven slowly opened the door and glanced inside and saw Matt’s cell. There was a guard guarding that one. Steven slowly walked in, as Nathan stood at the door. Steven crept toward the guard until he saw him.

"HEY!" yelled the guard.

Steven shot the guard in the head and killed him. He took the key from the guard’s pocket and took his gun as well. He unlocked Matt’s cell and he handed him a gun. They met up with Nathan and they both went down the last flight of stairs to the ground floor. There was a row of cells in this area as well. There was only one guard. Steven and Matt slowly walked up behind the patrolling guard and Steven snapped his neck. He took his key and his gun. He unlocked Andy’s cell. He threw the gun to Nathan who was walking into the hallway.

"Ok," said Steven. "We have everyone. Let’s go."

The men nodded and as they were leaving, he was a cell with a woman in her mid 20’s with long blonde hair. She was lying on the bed, and she seemed to be dead. It was Angel. Steven, riddled with anger opened up the cell and tried to pick her up.

"No, Steven," said Andy. "She fought to keep us alive, now let her down she will only slow us down."

Steven put Angel down and put a blanket over her.

The four men walked out of the door at the other end of the hallway and they were in a sort of lobby. The lobby was totally empty and it seemed that this supposed warehouse was some kind of office building. There were cobwebs everywhere and table and chairs were knocked over. There was an elevator at the end of the lobby that seemed to still work. The four men, walked slowly to the elevator and got in when the door opened. There was a button that said basement, so Steven pushed it and the elevator door closed and it went down.

At the end of the short ride, the four men found themselves in a dark basement. There were a few lights flashing and they could hear faint talking from a distance. There was a split in the hallway. One was going to the right toward a door that seemed to have a light on behind it, and the other went to a door that seemed to have a dim light behind it.

"Nathan and I are going to take right," said Steven. "Matt, you and Andy go left."

"I have no gun," said Andy. "How am I supposed to fight."

"When I kill a guard," said Matt, "I’ll give you one."

"Ok," said Andy as they parted.

Steven and Nathan crept to the lighted door and slowly opened it. There were four guards sitting at a table drink beer and laughing. They appeared to be drunk. Steven kicked down the door and the guards got up. Steven and Nathan opened fire on the guards before they could get their guns out. The guards died. Steven and Nathan took their guns, which were AK47s. Steven took one and so did Nathan. There was a door at the end of the break room, so the two agents exited through there.

As for Matt and Andy, they peeked into the door and found that it was a meeting room. There was a blood spot on the floor that seemed to be dried up. The source of the light was the other room. The two men walked through the doorway and found two guards guarding an arsenal. Then Matt and Andy grabbed one man each and broke their necks and they took their AK47s. The two men walked into the room and found loads of ammunition, grenades and timed bombs. They took four and walked to the door at the end of the room.

As for Steven and Nathan, they found themselves in a room where there were four people behind an office window with a door next to it. The window was tinted, but you could make out four people in it. Steven walked slowly to the room with Nathan following close behind. Steven kicked down the door and found Zach Cupp, Jermay Damien, Mr. Fernandez and Shannon Smith. Zach Cupp, Jermany Damien, and Mr. Fernandez ran out of the door at the end of the room leaving Shannon Smith there alone. She drew her weapon.

Nathan lifted his weapon and put his index finger on the trigger. Steven did the same.

"Don’t you want revenge?" asked Shannon. "Why don’t we fight this out like assassin to assassin?"

Shannon put down her weapon. Steven motioned for Nathan to put his down. Nathan put his gun down on the floor.

"Now," said Shannon, "I am ready to fight."

She put up her fists ready to fight Steven, but he said to her, "Sorry, I do not hit women."

He then opened fire on Shannon and shot her in the chest.

"I only kill them," he continued.

"She was pretty stupid wasn’t she," said Nathan.

Steven nodded, but then Shannon jolted up and struck him in the face with a kick. Steven went backward as Nathan tried to shoot her, however, Shannon lunged back as Nathan shot and his bullets only hit the wall. She then shut the door and locked it and it was only her and Steven to fight.

"You should have hit me in the head," she said. "But I guess ADOC did not teach you to shoot to kill, huh?"

"I guess Zach Cupp did not realize that a woman should not do a man’s job," Steven replied.

Shannon got angry and lunged at Steven. She tried to punch Steven in the face, but the agent blocked the blow and jabbed her in the side with the butt of his AK47.

Outside, Nathan tried to get in, but the door was jammed. He tried to shoot out the window, however the window was bullet proof glass. So, he tried to kick the door repeatedly to knock it down. When he finally knocked it down, he found Steven and Shannon fighting. Before Nathan could do anything, Steven quickly took out his knife and jabbed Shannon in side where the bullet proof vest does not protect. Shannon shrugged in pain for a little bit, then fell limp.

"Smart move, Steven," said Nathan.

Steven nodded and the two agents ran out of the door in the back of the room.

As for Matt and Andy, they ended up in a generator room that seemed to power the whole compound. The place was old, and only a few of the generators were operating but not at full capacity. The room was dimly lit and there were eight guards in this room. The door that they went through opened up to a walkway that looked above the generators. There were two staircases at each end of the catwalk and in the middle was a generator control room that had a door that led away from the catwalk into that room. There were two guards in that room.

There were eight guards at the bottom patrolling the generators. The two guards in the control room were looking away from the two agents when they both snuck into the room and snapped their necks. Matt looked at the controls and found eight levers for each eight generator and a button. The levers had shutdown written on it and the button said start up.

"Should I pull the plug?" asked Matt.

Andy nodded his head and Matt pulled the levers one at a time. Only three were pushed up for on, and the rest were left down. Matt pulled the three and all the three generators turned off. The lights in the generator room clicked off and the guards at the bottom looked dumbfounded.

As for Steven and Nathan, their trek was little harder. When the lights went off, they were in a crowded storage room that seemed to maze around everywhere. They tried to find the way to the other door, but they failed to find it. Instead, they knocked down all the boxes and plowed their way through. They eventually found the door and walked through it to a dark place.

When Steven and Nathan emerged from the doorway, they were in a dark room. There were windows that showed in the sunlight and that was all the light that this room possessed. And at the end of the room were three shadows.

"Who are you?" asked Steven.

"So," said a voice from one of the shadows. "agents of ADOC have finally found us."

"And the agents of ADOC are going to kill you," replied Steven.

"You know why I went AWOL, Mr. Goodykoontz?" asked the voice who was actually Zach Cupp. "I fled because I was tired of how America can think that they can go into any country and convert it into a sister country and that they can have long lasting relations with it. That is what I hate about America."

"Well," said Steven. "You know what I hate about terrorists such as yourself? I hate the fact that they seem so brave at first, but when faced with a force to be reckoned with, they cower into a hole and hire people to fight for them. You think you are all powerful, but you are little babies hiding behind big men. Sorry Cupp, but those men are dead and your shield has been broken."

"Though it seems," said Zach Cupp. "However, I feel that I may have one big man left for you to fight."

"Who?" asked Steven. "Nathan has already killed your double agent, Shannon Smith."

"She was expendable," said Zach Cupp, but this man means business."

Suddenly, in the darkness rose up a big man about 6 foot 7 inches tall. He seemed to have big muscles. Nathan shot at the man, but the bullets did not pierce his skin, because he was wearing a metal suit.

"I would like for you to meet my secret weapon," said Zach Cupp. "This man used to be a famous wrestler in America, but since I switch his body with a dead man and all America presumed him dead, I brainwashed him and now he protects me."

The shadow came closer until Steven could see the man’s face. The big man had a big pensive smile on his face. The man punched Steven knocking the agent off his feet. Nathan lunged at him, but the giant seemed to impervious to any frontal blows. The big man slapped Nathan in the face and knocked him to the floor. Steven came back and kicked the man in the groin, but he was wearing a tough jock strap. The man looked at Steven, smiled and threw the agent against the wall. Then the giant lunged at Steven and pinned him against the wall and began to punch him hard.

Nathan came back and stepped on the man’s calf making the large man to fall down backwards, straining his leg. The man screamed in pain as Steven fell onto the floor gasping for air. Nathan stood over the man and unloaded a hailstorm of bullets into the man’s head. Obviously he the giant died.

Nathan went over to Steven and helped him up. Steven brushed himself off and said, "What now?"

There was no answer. The three men were already gone.

Matt and Andy were still in the generator control room as guards started to come up, and when they came up, they started to shoot at the guards coming in. They managed to kill all eight guards without them knowing who shot them. Matt then turned the electricity back on for all the rooms and exited the generator control room. They hopped down the stairs to the generators and planted two timed bombs. They both were set for thirty minutes. The two agents giggled in amusement and exited the generator room.

Steven and Nathan entered the next room and the room seemed to be a barracks. There were no guards in this room, but there were beds. The two agents searched everywhere, but did not find any sign of the three men. The agents shrugged at each other and when they were exiting the room, they heard a rustling behind them. The rustling was behind a dresser that seemed to be out of place. They did not notice it before, so the two agents walked to the dresser and they found Mr. Fernandez behind it cowering.

"Please," pleaded Mr. Fernandez, "I do not want to die!"

Nathan stood Mr. Fernandez up and pointed a gun to his back.

"Now, follow my partner nice and slow," demanded Nathan.

Mr. Fernandez nodded and followed the two agents to the next room, which seemed to be a staircase. They followed the staircase up and they were on a concrete landing with an old automatic AA gun which was pointed to the door. The AA gun had four 50mm barrels that could fire 1,000 bullets per minute.

"Well, well, well," said Zach Cupp with confidence, "I see that your philosophy of terrorists being babies are wrong. It seems that I have found my bravery in this old World War 2 AA gun."

"That old thing?" said Steven in dumbfounded amazement. "That thing looks like it does not even work."

"Oh, but it does," said Cupp. "In fact, I was saving it for a rainy day. I happen to fancy old weapons such as this."

Zach Cupp strokes the weapon a bit and then turns his attention to Steven and Nathan. "In fact," continued Zach Cupp, "I fancy this one so much that I rebuilt it and reloaded armor piercing bullets into it. So, not even you can survive a blast like this one."

"We have a hostage," said Steven in defiance.

"HIM?" said Cupp in amusement. "I do not need him. All I used him for was money. Heck, I ordered General Pablo, just before he died, to kill those two dead beat thieves. He is of no use to me anymore. You might as well kill him for all I care."

Mr. Fernandez got mad and shook his head in anger.

"It is fitting," said Mr. Fernandez. "It is fitting that just the other day, I gave away the position of General Pablo, because I knew that you would kill my thieves. Plus, after I learned that you killed them, I cancelled my checks to you and I froze all my assets so that not even you or the Austrian government can get to my money. You are scott broke!"

"WHAT!" yelled Zach Cupp in anger. Jermany Damien that was standing next to Zach Cupp laughed in amazement. Cupp looked over to him. "Why are you laughing?" he asked.

"It is just funny, Mr. Cupp," said Mr. Damien. "That since I lost my eye to you, I have hated you since. The only reason I was loyal to you in the first place was because I totally believed that I would reach immortality. But now I see that you are nothing more than a common citizen now. You have no money for me, and you are poor as dirt."

Cupp looked back at the agents and writhed with anger he began to power up his weapon. "Now!" said Zach Cupp in anger. "I will show you the intensity of this weapon as I tear you all apart!"

Just before he could pull the trigger, Mr. Damien lunged at Zach Cupp and knocked him off the AA Gun.

"What are you doing?" asked Zach Cupp in anger.

Jermany Damien took a controller from his pocket and pushed it. Then out in the distance, in the beautiful Austrian country side rose a missile that came from a silo in the middle of a lush forest.

"Mr. Cupp," said Jermany Damien, "I am doing something that is long overdue. You have oppressed people and you have tried to tear Europe and America apart with your greed for power. I will shoot this gun to that missile and it will not only blow it up, but us, and this whole gosh darn compound. All you have worked for will be lost forever. I believe that the Bible is fitting for this moment. ‘Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth’."

Zach Cupp got up, but Mr. Damien shot him in the legs. Cupp fell down in pain and just laid there, moaning."

"There is a small getaway helicopter up that ladder," said Mr. Fernandez turning around. Do you have anyone to fly it, and you can get out of here before we all die."

Suddenly, before Steven could speak, Andy and Matt emerged above that ladder.

"Hey, Steven and Nathan!" yelled Andy.

Steven and Nathan went up the ladder and told Andy of what is going to happen. Andy nodded and the four men got into the helicopter and took off. When they took off, Mr. Damien shot the missile in the countryside and it exploded. The explosion brought a shockwave, debris and fire about a 20 mile radius destroying much of the forest, but also the three men, Zach Cupp, Jermany Damien and Mr. Fernandez.

After the dust settled, the helicopter that the agents were on circled around the rubble of the old compound and found nothing but death. The whole compound was totally destroyed and so was the legacy of Zach Cupp’s future.

***

The next day, when the agents returned to ADOC, there was a funeral for Nathan Dalton, Matt Lippins and Andy Davis. As the chaplain said, "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust," the helicopter that Steven, Nathan, Andy and Matt landed on the helipad in that was a few feet from the three graves that were to be buried on ADOC soil.

The whole congregation stood there in awe as Nathan, Andy, Matt and Steven walked out of the helicopter. Tasha Dalton, Nathan’s wife could not believe her eyes and fainted, and so did Todd, Gerald and Sharon. They seemed to be stunned by the intensity of what they saw. Even Chelsey Davis, Andy’s wife could not collect herself and she fainted. Paul stood there in dumbfoundation and confused, but kept is bearing.

"We’ll explain later," said Steven as the agents walked into ADOC HQ.

After the cancelled funeral, Steven explained to everyone of how they were alive and to Paul what happened to Zach Cupp, Shannon Smith, Mr. Damien and Mr. Fernandez. Paul was pleased, but not as much as when three men from the CIA and the Secretary of Defense walked into Paul’s office.

"Mr. George," the Secretary of Defense said. "I am Matthew Tisdale, the Secretary of defense and this is Tyler Albertson, Patrick Peterson and Mike Kanedy from the CIA. We are giving you notice that you have violated secrecy code 45J Alpha by tapping into private CIA files. We are notifying you that you are going to be put in prison and receive a $1 million fine for your infraction. Your operation now belongs to the CIA and all legal abiding agencies."

"Uh, no," said Steven Shelby, the president of the United States when he walked into the room. "I am sorry, but I am above you and I do not approve of you action. Paul George is pardoned and free from any and all charges against him."

"But, sir," said the Secretary of Defense.

"No buts," said President Shelby. "You are not the leader of the United States. Mr. George did what was necessary to the survival of the United States and less important, you career. I do hereby decree that ADOC will now be under Paul George, another cabinet member of mine, and he is a permanent one until he retires or dies."

The secretary nodded in agreement and walked out angry.

The president looked at Paul George and said to him, "My wife, Ashley and I are going on vacation together to Jamaica, we would be honored if you, and all your staff come with us for the week. I will have armed guards in here protecting the place. It is going to be our 25th wedding anniversary. We are now celebrating our freedom.

Paul George nodded in happiness and called all his agents into his office.

Nathan, followed by his wife, who was visiting, Nathan, Andy and his wife Emiley Davis, then Steven and Matt all walked into Paul’s office one at a time.

"Why are your wives still here?" asked Paul in awe.

"We are just happy that the people that we love are not dead yet," replied Chelsey Davis, Andy’s beloved wife of 3 years.

"Well that is good news," replied Paul. "And more good news is that the president has invited us all, the agents and their wives, on a vacation to Jamaica for a week. The CIA will take care of business here and there will be guards stationed here as well."

Everyone in the room smiled and ran home to pack.

The End

 

Update:

Update:

Status:

Marital Status:

Special Merits:

D.O.B.

Age:

Name:



© 2008 Steven Goodykoontz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
Added on March 31, 2008
Last Updated on May 5, 2008