Top Secret

Top Secret

A Chapter by Steven Goodykoontz

General William McDaniel walked on the catwalk to his upper office on the Korean DMZ. He stepped into his door of the two-story building that was connected to another building by the same catwalk that he took. Under the catwalk there where the guards who stood at to protect the DMZ. This zone is one of dozens of DMZ’s that are separating American and South Korean space from the North Korean space. Soldiers that are under McDaniel’s authority look at the small stature men on the other side of the broken country. Once in a while, you could see them exchanging gestures and dirty looks. The American and South Korean men stood stern and erect with pride, while the shabby small North Korean men stood with the side to the American and South Koreans.

On the other side of the DMZ, another general named Tycio Koyo, peeked out his window on the broken country while polishing his M1 Garand that his father stole while was helping the Japanese during WWII. He is in his 50s now, but he is as crooked as he is old. He always tries to find money and tries to nickel as many dollars as he can. Even though he is North Korea’s most prestigious general, he still is looking for that way to get rich scheme. He has a long scar down his face that he got from a tiger when he was hunting in China twenty years ago. He killed the tiger and made it into a rug.

He hates America, even more than he hates the South Koreans. He has many times fantasized about killing each and every American in the world. As he looks out his window at the Americans, he plots his scheme.

Outside the building of General Koyo’s, a car comes up and honks. It is a black limo. He looks down for a second then walks back to his bed and gets his stuff. All he has is his suitcase and his black briefcase. Then there was a knock at the door and he answers it.

"Sir," said a man talking in Korean, "your ride is here."

The general snuffs and hands the man his stuff. The man grunts as he holds the heavy luggage. When they get to the car, the general demands his briefcase and wants his suitcase in the trunk. His caddy does what he says and Koyo gives him a coin. The caddy bows in delight, because he is a very poor man and his family is all he has. The limo drives off. About twenty miles later, the limo stops in the middle of nowhere.

About the same time as the limo stopped, a truck entered the American South Korean side of the DMZ. Guards stopped it before it crossed and asked its business.

"I am here to deliver some supplies that the general wanted," replied the Korean driver.

The guard looked at his schedule and let the truck in. The truck drove past the guards and parked between the two buildings under the catwalk.

Twenty miles away, Koyo’s phone rang. It was the truck driver.

"Sir," said the driver in a whisper, "I have arrived at the target."

"Tell me," said Koyo as he opened his briefcase and pulled out a remote control, "have you reached Nirvana?"

"No," replied the truck driver.

"Well," said Koyo, "I hope in your next life, that you reach Nirvana and not turn into a snake."

"What do you mean?" asked the driver.

Koyo hung up. The driver jumped out of the truck and started running. Suddenly, behind him, there was a nuclear explosion that engulfed the two buildings next to the parked truck and blew up everything in a ten-mile diameter.

Koyo, inside of his limo saw the mushroom cloud. He rolled down his window and threw out the remote control. Koyo motioned to move on and the limo drove towards China.

 

***

At ADOC, Paul George sat at his desk with his chair turned around talking on the telephone.

"The DMZ was nuked?" asked Paul with surprise.

"Yes," replied the defense secretary Patrick Stevens.

"How?" asked Paul.

"We do not know yet," replied Stevens, "but our men from the CIA are investigating the whole thing. I’ll update you later."

"What do you want me to do?" asked Paul.

"I need someone to go to North Korea and find some information," replied Stevens.

"I have one man that can help," replied Paul.

"Good," replied Stevens. "I’ll call back when I have more information."

The phone hung up and Paul hung his phone up, too.

He pushed a button on his desk intercom. "Steven," he said.

"Yes," replied Steven.

"I need you in my office, now!" replied Paul.

Steven arrived a little while after.

"Steven," said Paul sternly, "I need you to go to North Korea and meet our contact, Kaya Menchi."

Paul pushed a button on his desk bringing down a screen with a picture of a woman in her mid thirties with a name under it saying Menchi, Kaya.

"Ms. Menchi runs an underground sub ADOC building," he said, "there you will conduct some research on the area that was bombed out. Did you hear of it?"

"Yes," replied Steven, "why can’t Matt do it?"

"Matt has a bias that may get in the way," replied Paul. "Since you know Korean fairly well, I will let you go and conduct the investigation."

"How long will I have to stay?" asked Steven.

"A week," replied Paul, "will that be enough?"

"Yes," replied Steven.

"Good," said Paul, "Andy will be taking you off the coast of North Korea, about ten miles. Any more and your cover will be compromised. You will have to boat the rest of the way. In flight, Roy will tell you the schematics of the boat so that you can operate it correctly."

"Good," replied Steven as he heard a helicopter land on the ADOC landing pad.

Paul nodded his head and Steven ran outside to the helipad. There he was met by Andy who escorted him into the Chinook. The Chinook took off and disappeared in the distance.

***

The Chinook headed over the Hawaiian Islands when the screen inside of the double bladed helicopter turned on with Roy’s picture on it.

"Is this thing on?" asked Roy.

"Yes," replied Steven turning around to look at him.

"Good," said Roy clearing his throat. "First, Steven, as you can see the boat which you have here has a parachute on it. What you will have to do is drop down with it, and it will remotely deploy it about 2,000 feet above the water. Now, then you will hit the water, and you have to turn it on and go to land. This is where it is going to get tricky, and it requires you to get in."

Steven nodded his head and jumped into the boat.

"Now," continued Roy, "do you see the red button with the letters CR on it?"

"Yes," replied Steven.

"Push it and you will turn your boat into a fully versatile car," said Roy.

Steven pushed it and the front of the boat, which was at a point came in until it squared off. Then lights came out of the front and turned on. The bottom opened up, revealing the tires and the underbelly of the car. Then the back pushed forward rounded off and made a back end with working taillights, and the propeller turned into the muffler. Then a top popped up and covered Steven.

"Nice job," said Steven.

"Thanks," replied Roy. "When you want to change it back, just push the green BT button."

Steven pushed it and the car turned back into a boat.

"Let me guess, Roy," said Steven. "Inside of the front dash, there is a SPAS 12."

"Correct, and some useful flash bang ammo that I whipped up for you," replied Roy.

"How touching," replied Steven.

"Got to go," said Roy, "good luck."

Steven nodded his head and the screen turned blank. Steven jumped out of the boat and sat down on the bench again. He closed his eyes and fell asleep. He was a bit tired, because the day before, he and Angel went out for an evening on the town. They went to see a movie and they ate at a five star restaurant. You might even say that they have something going on. Steven does love Angel and he hopes that she can be his new wife, since his old one died.

"What’s happening over there?" asked Andy.

Steven opened his eyes and replied, "Oh, I am just thinking about this mission." Steven’s face changed to a curious face. "You know," continued Steven, "I never really got to know you very well. Why?"

"Well you know me," replied Andy, "I am just the ADOC chauffer."

"Who dubbed you that name any ways?" asked Steven.

"Me," replied Andy.

"Have you ever had to use force before?" asked Steven. "Or is your job more liberal?"

"Maybe a few times," replied Andy picking out a gun for Steven. He picked out a M16 and a .45. "I am curious, though," continued Andy, "how does it feel to kill someone that you do not know?"

"I should ask you the very same question," replied Steven. "You contribute to the killing. But if you have to know, then it would be the feeling of freedom that one more scumbag is off the streets and a one of rage at yourself, because you know that only God should dictate whom dies and who lives."

"So then are you against the Right to Die Legislation or the death penalty?" asked Andy sternly.

"I am against Right to Die Legislation, but I am for the Death Penalty," replied Steven.

"But you just said that you hate killing and that killing should be up to God," replied Andy.

"For starters," replied Steven, "in the old Jewish faith, God said that if anyone killed someone, then they too should be killed."

"But Jews do not control the prison system, secular people do," replied Andy.

"We are all from Abraham, and even Moses and his followers, then we are all Jewish in decent," replied Steven, "so the command should continue to us."

"I know for a fact that I am not Jewish," replied Andy.

"Are you Christian then?" asked Steven.

"My father was a Presbyterian," replied Andy. "He tried to force that religious crap on me, but I refused."

"Then, you are a. . ."

"Yes," said Andy, "I am an atheist."

"Do you know that there is more to this life than meets the eye," said Steven.

"Oh, no," said Andy with defeat, "here we go again."

"Listen to me," said Steven. "Do you know that there is a God?"

"A God!" mocked Andy. "If God was real, then why am I doing here risking my life?"

"There are Christians who risk their lives," replied Steven. "I am one, Todd is one, heck if you want to say that Angel risks her life, because she has to take care of people."

"Why should I care about God?" asked Andy. "What has God done for me?"

"He gave you today," replied Steven.

"Today!" Andy yelled. "Do you know what kind of Hell that I go though everyday?"

"Why then are you here?" asked Steven.

"I am here because of evolution," replied Andy.

"Where did evolution come from?" asked Steven.

"We came from little microorganisms," replied Andy.

"Where did the microorganisms come from?" asked Steven.

"I do not know," replied Andy.

"Then," said Steven, "if you do not know, and Atheist means that you know that God is not real, then why can’t you tell me where the first single cell organism came from?"

"I-I," said Andy with fear.

"You know," said Steven, "we are all wrong once in a while, it is what makes humans, humans," replied Steven.

"How can a God control my fate?" asked Andy.

"Apparently he made you the ADOC chauffer," replied Steven.

"I guess so," replied Andy. Andy started to feel a breaking within him. "How do I know that God has not given up on me?" asked Andy.

"If he had," replied Steven, "then why are you alive?"

"Good point," replied Andy. "But where do I start?"

"Here," said Steven, "say this prayer with me."

"God," said Steven as Andy repeated. "I know that I have wronged you. And I know that I have not been the man that you wanted me to be. But I know that you died for me on the cross, and that you bare the scars of my sins. I know Jesus that I am a sinner and that all my sins will send me to Hell. This road that I am on is not the one for me. Jesus, I want you to change my life and my own persona, and I want you to make me in your own image. I want to be more like you, and I want you to forgive me of all my sins. Lord, I love you and I want to know you more. Thank you Lord for the gift of freedom that I just got, and I pray that you be with me forever."

"Thank you, Steven," said Andy with a tear of joy.

"You know," said Steven, "God just jumped off his seat and he is celebrating you on your new self."

"I need a Bible," said the pilot.

"What?" asked Steven.

"I repeated after you as well, and your sermon was touching," replied the pilot. "I said the prayer, but now I need a Bible."

Steven grabbed into his pocket of his suit. He pulled out two Bibles and gave Andy and the pilot one.

They thanked him.

***

The Chinook was now about thirty miles away from the coast of North Korea.

"Sir," said the pilot.

Steven and Andy turned to look at the pilot.

"We are almost there, we will arrive at the drop point in five minutes," said the pilot.

Steven jumped into the boat. Steven pushed a button on the boat and the top went up over the boat. What Roy failed to tell Steven is that the boat can also be a submarine, however felt that it was unnecessary to tell him, since he is going to use this machine for amphibious use only.

When Steven got in, he flipped up the top to cover the boat when he fell onto the water.

Andy tapped on the boat’s window.

"Be careful!" yelled Andy. His voice was muffled behind the glass.

Steven nodded his head.

"We have to drop him now!" yelled the pilot.

Andy waved and pulled the lever and Steven dropped out of the Chinook. The Chinook changed direction as the boat’s parachute deployed. The black parachute was camouflaged against the dark sky. It was about 12:00 am in Eastern Standard Time and the sun would not be up for another 12 hours or so.

The boat finally hit the water. The boat sunk down in the water for a second then it bobbed back up. Steven started the engines and the lights inside of the boat turned on. He pushed the pedals and he sped off toward land via his GPS map that was onboard.

Unfortunately, Steven would have some trouble, because there were three North Korean scout ships and one Battleship deployed that night looking for smugglers or enemies. Before Steven could go any closer to land, the battleship shot a round at him. Somehow, the scout ships spotted him. The round missed him, and that gave Steven enough time to go underwater He pushed the SM button and the boat turned into a submarine. He went down about 100 feet and slipped under the battleship. While he was under the battleship, he pushed a button that shot up a missile-like device that when it pierced the hull and stuck in, it flashed. When Steven was far enough away from the battleship, he pushed another button that caused the device to explode. The battleship now had a twenty-foot gap within its hull, and it quickly sank.

Just as the battleship went underwater, overhead were three North Korean battle jets with heat seeking missiles. They found the boat’s heat signature and unleashed their cargo. Steven could not go any deeper, so he deployed the only thing he could, he pushed a button that said flare. He pushed it and three flares shot out of the boat. The missiles quickly changed course and shot at the flare. After that, Steven shot out a series of aluminum strips that shot out and masked his signature. The scout ships and the jets could not get a lock on Steven‘s boat, and the agent was very able to get away.

When Steven’s boat/submarine/car was out of range of the North Korean scout ship’s radio range, he pushed the BT button and the submarine turned back into a boat. The boat sailed all the way to a beach, and that is where Steven pushed the CR button. In a matter of a few seconds, the boat turned into a fully versatile car. The sand was very wet and any car would get stuck into the saturated sand, but Steven’s car had deep rigid wheels that trapped air between each tread. The car climbed up onto the land and he sped onto it and road the beach. A few minutes later, there was a road that connected the North Korean border to a residential city. He drove up it and he found that he was in a city called Chang Tsyon. It was still dark outside and nobody was in the streets. So that means that he could use his lights. He turned his lights on and sped down the streets and found a highway. Some how the city Chang Tsyon was a very small town that was only known for the highway that went through the city and into the North Korean capital, Pyongyang. Somehow, during the night, the highway seemed to be a little slow, and there were hardly anybody driving on it. He found an entrance next to a McDonald’s which somehow was still open. Steven had a little hunger, but did not feel confident eating food that he does not know what’s in it. When he got on the road, he sped up to about 140 kilometers per hour, which in US standard is about 80 mph. While driving, a monitor inside of his consul turned on and there was Mike Henson, the ADOC’s own GPS man.

"Hey Mike," Steven said when Mike showed up.

"Good afternoon here," said Mike, "but good night there. I have some information for you. First off, you are on the right highway and this will take you to Pyongyang, but this highway is very well guarded during the night. There are toll roads, that during the night are patrolled by the North Korean secret service and every car is stopped and searched. Paul has given you permission to take any means necessary to get passed them, and Roy told me that you do have weapons on your car. Use them if you need to."

"Is that all?" asked Steven.

"I am afraid not," replied Mike. "I also detect some tanks about ten miles away. Somehow someone ratted on you. There are spies all along the border and do not be surprised that one of them caught you going up the beach from the water. I am not sure what kind of tanks they are, but I think they have a 99mm gun on them. That is more than enough to destroy your car. Fortunately, I told Roy of this and he says that you have all-terrain tires on your car, so you can maneuver around those tanks. One more thing that will be coming up, there are jets patrolling the area, they destroy anything that they see is a menace. Better be careful, Steven."

"Where do I meet Kaya Menchi?" asked Steven.

"Look for a garage with the letters SPI painted onto the door," replied Mike. "That is all, and good luck."

"Thanks, Mike," said Steven.

The monitor went blank and Steven readied himself for a bumpy ride.

In one of the tanks, a North Korean navigator’s tracker beeped as Steven’s car came closer.

"Sir," he said in North Korean to his superior next to him, "he’s coming."

"Men," said the North Korean commander, "shoot to kill."

When Steven was close enough, the three tanks shot their guns. The shells landed about ten feet in front of Steven. Steven swerved to avoid the blast, but his back left tire hit the crater. He almost fishtailed, but Steven remained steady. Steven got a lock on a one of the pillars that held up the poll booths. The tanks were positioned under them that when the structure fell, it would crush or disable the tanks. Steven shot two missiles from the top of his car. The missiles hit the pillar and destroyed it. The tollbooth top fell and crushed two tanks, but one backed up as the missiles hit. There was a gunner up top and shot the armored piercing bullets at Steven’s car. The bullets did not pierce the hull that much, because the body of his car is lined with titanium and under the titanium there are a series of vertical circular bars that are designed to catch each bullet. Steven shot two more missiles at the tank as it shot a shell at Steven. The shell missed him, but the missiles destroyed the tank.

When Steven was past the wreckage, three North Korean jets flew overhead and shot some missiles at Steven. Steven shot up three flares and the missiles changed course and exploded in mid-air. Steven sped up faster. Behind Steven, the three jets went lower to the ground and sped behind him, going noticeably slower. The three jets suddenly released and arsenal of 50mm rounds at his car. Some bullets sped past the agent’s car, but some hit the hull making holes in them and getting stuck in the horizontal bars. After a while, the jets swooped back up and flew over Steven’s car. They sharply turned back and shot two missiles from each jet wing. These rockets were also heat sensitive. Steven pushed his flare button, but there were none left. Steven felt a chill down his spine as the missiles and his car came closer together. The agent hit his consul with disgust and then a missile shot up from his car. The six missiles changed course just before slamming into Steven’s front and hit the missile making it explode.

Steven looked up from his consul and saw that his car was still running and he was still alive. Steven chuckled. Unfortunately, the jets again positioned themselves behind the car and readied another barrage of missiles. At this time, the agent was on a bridge, overlooking a river that dumped into the Pacific Ocean. The jets launched their missiles just as Steven turned sharply, crashed through the guardrail. The agent and his car were falling. As he was falling, he pushed a button with the letters SB. The car turned into a submarine. Just as the last joint was put into place, the submarine hit the water and sank. Steven pushed his pedals and darted paralleling the highway. The holes in the agent’s hull slowly put water in to submarine. It was hard to control. The missiles on the other hand hit the water and exploded, making Steven’s submarine rock roughly. Steven watched through his digital periscope to see the jets leaving. Steven nodded his head and darted toward the surface. At the surface, Steven turned his submarine back into a boat. He tugged his boat all the way back to shore and got back onto the highway.

 

 

***

Steven finally reached Pyongyang city limits and with a few notches in his armor.

"I see that you are now at Pyongyang," said Mike as he suddenly appeared on the screen.

"Yes," replied Steven.

"Just to let you know," said Mike, "Kaya Menchi is our finest North Korean spy. You are under her authority."

"I understand," replied Steven. "What is her rank?" asked Steven.

"General," replied Mike.

"So," said Steven, "she outranks Paul?"

"No," replied Mike. "Paul is Brigadier General."

"Oh," said Steven.

"I just thought I let you know," replied Mike.

"Thanks, Dad," replied Steven sarcastically.

Mike laughed and turned off the screen.

His GPS snapped on and he saw a flashing light on the screen. There was a red light and above it said, ADOC warehouse. On the map, it was only a mile away, inside of the ghettos. He drove his car toward that direction, without any trouble until he reached the ghettos. Steven could see gangs and gunmen. They did not seem very friendly.

Steven looked back at his GPS and the warehouse was right next to him on the left. He turned his head to the left and stopped his car. There were the letters, SPI on the front of the garage. He drove up to it and put his car in park. He stepped out and walked up to the door. Then, there were three people walking up to him. One man with a scar down his head had an AK-47, and another man had a handgun. The other on had a baseball bat.

"What’s with the get-up?" asked one of the men in Korean.

"Business," replied Steven in the same language.

The man in the baseball bat came up to him and swung at him, but missed. Steven took out his .45 and shot him in the leg. The man screamed and fell to the ground. The man with the handgun put his weapon up, but Steven took the gun from his hands and elbowed him in the face. The AK-47 guy raised his gun, but before he could fire, Steven shot put up both of the guns and shot the man in both arms. The man fell in pain and dropped his gun. Steven picked the gun up and put it into his car.

"These are not toys," said Steven.

The agent opened up the garage and drove in.

***

The monitor in his car turned on and Roy was on it. "Steven," said Roy, "these South Koreans have a very different tactic to see whether you are Steven or not. They do not use cards like we do, they use a series of tests. These tests will test your skill at shooting, spying, and sneaking around without getting caught. So be cautious, Paul only put you on this mission because he says that you are the best man that he’s got. Your Spas 12 is in your dashboard. Leave your car here, Kaya Menchi has already been alerted of your presence, so do not screw up this mission."

"Good to go," said Steven.

The screen went blank and Steven turned off his car and walked out his car. There was a door about thirty feet in front of his car. Around it were some crates that are knocked over. Steven reached into his car and grabbed his Spas 12 and shut the door. He walked steadily toward the door. He reached for the knob, but then stopped. There was a window on the door and he saw a little black box on the table in the room behind the door and two cords were coming from them. One cord was connected to a electric outlet and the other was going toward the door. The agent stood back and shot the knob off the door. The knob sparked a little bit because of the electricity being cut off and the knob fell off. He kicked in the door and walked into a room that was full of weapons.

"Wow," said a South Korean female voice coming from a speaker above him. Steven looked up and listened to the voice.

"I cannot believe that you were able to see that that door was rigged. It was our only defense against any pesky punks trying to steal some of our weaponry. Well, anyways, welcome to your first assignment of your official proofing of being an ADOC agent. Many people have tried, but a lot of them have failed and are now either in a hospital for life or six feet under."

Steven looked surprised.

"Nahh!" laughed the voice, "they just went home and probably lost their jobs. Most of the shooting that you will be doing is shooting at unarmed pictures of bad guys. The rules of this course are simple, survive. Now if you look to your left, you will see a bench with a flack jacket on it. I want you to pick it up and put it on."

Steven looked over and picked up the pack and put it on. A red light showed up on it.

"The red light is your life meter," said the voice. "Have you ever played laser tag before, Steven? Well the concept is just borrowed from the idea. On the cardboard figures, there are guns that shoot lasers at you. If you are shot once, you are dead, and you lose your chance of going out with me." The voice laughed again. "Nah!" laughed the voice, "I am not your type and I do not date people that work in the same field as I do, because it is just too weird. Well, anyways, you will be shooting at targets and you will be sneaking around, and spying. Now, before you leave, I want to drop any gadgets or weapons that you may have, and knowing Roy, I am sure that you are loaded up, and you will get them back later. My boys come by and get them. Now, I want you to grab the weapons in those cabinets. You can only choose two, no more and no less. If you take more than two, I will personally kill you with kindness and throw you out. Some of the things in this obstacle course may be dangerous, so that is why there are paramedics standing by to help you. So, have fun and be safe."

Steven dropped his Spas 12 and emptied all of his pockets. He walked over to the cabinets and grabbed a silenced gun with only a laser on it and a machine like gun with only a laser on it. He put the machine gun away and only held his silenced gun. Steven walked up the door and kicked it down.

The room was a half-lighted room with a catwalk at the top and concrete floors. The guards, that were made out of cardboard stood looking at the catwalk as if they were waiting for something. Steven shook his head in disbelief that this mini-mission was going to be so easy. In fact, when he stepped forward, his foot ran across a laser trip wire that caused sirens to go off. Steven then could hear a quick build-up sound and he ducked down quickly before the laser lights on the guards shot at the door. Somehow, Steven was able to contortion himself to not get hit by three lights that were about an inch from his chest. Steven carefully slid to the ground and scooted on his back to a ladder that was not being lit up by laser lights. He got up off the ground, dusted himself off and climbed up the ladder. He moved forward and stood over the cardboard men that were looking up at him. He looked puzzled for a second then he turned around to see what the guards were really looking at. In a case was a card and a box. The agent read the card. It said, "There is a cheat on one of the guards, if you can get it and rip it off of him, you will have an easy win." In the box was a knife. He took the knife and took out the blade. He looked at it for a for a second until he saw a little shimmer on one of the guards. He turned the knife a little to the left and it reflected a light in the cabinet onto a body mirror on one of the guards. Steven smiled. He put the blade up and put the knife into his pocket. He then climbed back down the ladder and watched for any secret laser wires then preceded with caution. He walked up to the second guard of the three that are on the floor. He took off the body mirror. It was very heavy, but he put it on and wore it. He walked forward to the next room.

This room was fully lit, and all the guards were standing looking at a wall full of nothing. He walked a little bit forward and the guards turned as if to look at him. They turned because of a little mechanical wheel that was rigged on the floor. The lights shined, but bounced off and hit the guards on their faces. Steven got an intriguing look on his face when he noticed that one of the guards looked like Hitler. He walked over to it and stabbed the knife he got into his forehead. Then he walked on to the next room.

The next and last room was also fully lit, and there appeared to be no guards in it. He walked forward and out of the rafters above came four guards that seemed to rappel. They shined their lasers at Steven, but to no avail, the lasers could not penetrate the mirror.

The agent shook his head and entered a room that had real people in it.

"So," said Kaya Menchi, "you found the cheat.

"I guess so," replied Steven taking off the mirror vest.

One of Menchi’s helpers came over and took it away from him. Another one came up and gave Steven his supplies on a cart.

"You carry a lot of stuff for a spy," said Menchi jokingly.

"I am both a spy and an assassin," replied Steven stashing his Spas 12 back into his side holster.

"Spas 12," said Menchi, "outlawed in America, and used by an American spy/assassin. How do you do that?"

"I have a special license to carry one of them," replied Steven, "in fact, it is more accurate and stronger than a regular shotgun."

"Agent Steven," said Menchi changing the subject, "I have some information for you about the bombing on the DMZ."

Steven nodded his head for her to go on. Menchi motioned for Steven to sit down next to her on a chair to look at a screen.

A map of Russia came on the screen. A red doted line went from North Korean side of the DMZ to a little town in Russia called Benzen.

"This is where that creep is hiding out at," said Menchi. "He has a secret bunker under a house. The only way through there is through a well in the backyard."

The screen changed and a house in the middle of a wooded area came on. The house was completely run down. Moss incrusted the roof and the house seemed to be falling to the left side. The air view of the house showed a lot of animals in that area.

"You see those animals?" asked Menchi to Steven.

"Yes," replied the agent.

"Well," we have deduced that those animals are cameras, carefully set up to throw anyone off. The house has a sniper in it with night vision goggles on, so that will eliminate any chances of you getting in there at night, and the hole has an elevator that only comes up when someone punches in the right code on the control pad."

"How did you get all this information?" asked Steven.

"Oh," said the North Korean agent, "we had a small band of militia men go there and try to kill him once, but they failed. One guy was killed by the sniper and the others were killed by secret mines under the soil."

"How do you expect me to get in?" asked Steven.

"We have set up a date that you and the guy we are after named Tycio Koyo, tomorrow at night. I had one of my hackers disguise his voice as an American communist that is interested in killing the president of the United States."

Steven’s eyes flared up.

"What!" he yelled.

"Don’t worry," she said, "he said he was not interested, but said that he would like to meet with you tomorrow to discuss some deals he may want with you."

Steven sighed.

"The thing that you will have to do is be very eager and hate America more that those Arabs, okay?" Menchi said, "Then I want you to make a deal with him and do his bidding for at least three days. I have deduced that that is the maximum number of days that you have to spend with him to gain his trust. Then I want you to suggest that you and him kill the president of South Korea and destroy the country, and when he says his answer, kill him, okay?"

"Sure," Steven said. "How do you know he will trust me?"

"Funny you should ask," said Menchi. "I used to work for him about five years ago. He was a terrorist that worked for an old terrorist group in Japan called the Boshido Fighters. They bombed cities within Russia, UK, France, and once almost was able to get a nuke into the United States."

Steven nodded his head.

"Do you recall the incident in Chernobyl?" asked Menchi. "Well, it may have looked like a malfunction in one of the core reactors in that Nuclear Power Plant, but it was actually us, the Boshido Fighters. He sent someone down there to turn one of the dials up so that the place would melt down. I regret what I did. I was the one who turned that dial. Now I am constantly running for my life from the Russians. The Russians know that the Boshido Fighters did it, but they do not want to explain that to the rest of the world, because they have to be strong and not look weak."

"What kind of things will I be doing?" asked Steven.

"Probably similar things as I did," she replied. "So please, watch your back and be careful, he can be tricky."

Steven nodded his head and walked to his car.

A few hours later, Steven walked off a Boeing 747 and was met by an Asian man with Korean decent. He was not a full North Korean, because he was part Russian.

"Are you Mr. Thompson?" asked the man.

"Is this Mr. Thompson the one who is supposed to meet with a Mr. Tycio Koyo?" asked Steven.

"That is correct, sir," replied the man.

Steven handed his bag to his Asian Escort and said, "Then it is I, Mr. Thompson."

"Well, Mr. Thompson," said the man, "I heard that you are wanting to join the Boshido Fighters."

"That is correct, sir," replied Steven. "What kind of things do you do?" asked Steven.

"We merely assassinate all who stand in our way from making North Korea a state to be reckoned with," he replied.

"Sound good," said Steven as they walked to a limo, "why are you based in Russia?"

"This part of Russia is part of the old Russia that most have forgotten about. No Russian intelligence ever go here and spy on anyone here," replied the man, "however, we have been getting some American spies here, but they have been taken care of."

"What kind of American spies?" asked Steven as they jumped into the limo and both him and the man shut the door.

The man motioned for the driver to move on. He looked at Steven and said, "The spies that I usually encounter are the ones from the CIA, and some other small time ones."

"Small time?" asked Steven.

"You know," said the man, "small time, like inexperienced ones who always blow their cover."

Steven nodded his head.

"What kind of things did this Koyo do?" asked Steven.

"Oh, the most recent thing that he did is detonate a nuclear bomb on the American-South Korean and North Korean DMZ," replied the man.

"I remember seeing that on the news," replied Steven.

Steven had a tie on him and he pushed the button on it to make it look like he adjusted it. A receiver came on in the ADOC HQ in North Korea. Menchi and her assistants listened in.

"How did he accomplish that?" asked Steven.

"He had one of his men act like he was delivering some supplies to the American-South Korean side of the DMZ, and when he parked and when Koyo was far enough away, he pushed a button and detonated it," replied the man with pride.

"Sounds interesting," replied Steven with anger. "I hope that I could see the place that was bombed."

"You would?" asked the man. "Well that would require you using a gamma-radiation proof suit. I’ll have to ask Koyo when we meet him."

"Good," replied the agent.

"However," said the man, "I am unable to do that, because Mr. Koyo has requested that you arrive ASAP."

"Oh," replied the agent. He nodded his head in agreement.

***

A few hours later, the limo with the man and Steven arrived at the little town of Benzen. This little town is very empty, nobody has lived in this town for about ten years. All the houses are either run down or torn down. The road, which were never paved, have been forgotten under the vines and poison ivy that lay on the path. The limo has a very difficult time getting through the poorly kept forest road. The limo passed an old oak tree that seemed to have been deformed by a cancer on it. The tree is half dead and all but a few leaves are now on it.

At the end of the road, there was the old house that was leaning. Moss was indeed diseasing the roof and vines were growing around it. The door was torn off its hinges and the windows were all smashed out. Next to the house, however, was a well. The limo stopped at the old one story bungalow and the man and Steven hopped out.

"Follow me," said the man as he walked up to the well.

Steven came to the well as the man put in a code: 2185. From the well came a platform that seemed to have come from within the well. The side facing the two men opened up and turned into stairs. However, the well’s hole was only big enough for one person, so the man instructed Steven to get on first. Once Steven hopped on, the platform came down with the use of hydraulics. It sounded like a swooshing sound as it lifted Steven down into a labyrinth of a lighted tunnel that seemed to go under the run down bungalow.

Steven stepped away and the platform went up again and the man came down.

"Follow me," said the man.

Steven followed him all the way to a door. The door was fully metal. The man knocked on it four times, then tapped on it twice, and yelled the words, "Terra Firma!" once.

A large man, who Steven’s escort declares was actually a contender in the Iron Men competitions. The man was shirtless, trying to show all who came in how strong and buff he was. Actually, the large man took steroids to make himself look big. He is not too fast, however, but he can lift the door off its hinges, which no normal human being can. He has also been known to crush a fully-grown human’s skulls on occasion.

At the end of the room was a desk and another door. The large man walked up to the door, which was left of the desk and opened it up. That door, too was too large for any normal human to push or pull back.

The large man growled at Steven.

"All talk and no show," said Steven.

The man could not understand the agent, because he was North Korean and only spoke Korean.

"That was Pinky," said the man. "He is our guard. He is very strong and if you get on his bad side, he will attack you and probably kill you."

Steven nodded.

"In fact," continued the man, "he is a history of mental disorders that he claims that he is the reincarnation of Ghangis Khan."

"Seems to me," said Steven sarcastically, "the wheels moving, but the hamster is dead."

The man chuckled and Steven and the man walked into the doorway into an underground bunker of some kind. It had scientists and computers and a window that shown into a missile silo. There were divers in the silos evaluating the missiles.

A man walked up to them. It was Koyo.

The two men spoke in a different language not native to their own. It was a dialect that he could not decipher. In fact, it was actually Aramaic.

Steven’s escort parted away from Koyo and him and walked into a hallway at the very far left of the room.

Koyo looked at Steven for a bit and asked, "Ready for a tour."

Steven nodded his head.

Koyo walked ahead of Steven and pointed out some things that were in the lab. In particular, there was one place where he put a lot of emphasis in; the chemical testing.

"Here," he said, "Is where we test some chemicals and in the back we kidnapped people and test the chemicals on them. For instance, we have a new kind of neurotoxin that totally shuts down the person’s brain, slowly. In between the slow death, the person becomes insane and kills all that he/she sees. He/she thinks that everything and everyone around them enemies that want to kill them. That toxin is called T-PSX or AKA Ketchup Gas. Yet another neurotoxin that slowly eats at the brain. The person progressively looses brain mass while not knowing that he/she has anything wrong with them. That same toxin is so silent, that when the symptoms are shown up, it is already too late. It is funny, the person lives normal lives. This toxin is called T-PRW or AKA Leach Toxin. The last one is a lot more subtle. This one is the most deadly and it is so pure that is eats through the binker glass and test tubes. The only thing we can mix it in is in a metal pan. Even a slight touch can go right to the brain and melt it into mush. This toxin is still in the testing stage and has no name."

Steven nodded his head.

"We also have some other toxins that eat skin and flesh, while keeping the host alive until they turn into bones," continued Koyo. "One toxin, which is the strongest one, does just that. Just one touch can progressively eat skin, much faster than any acid. It actually kills off skin cells and no white blood cell can come close to it without getting burned. It is actually very painful and it does not eat away nerves, instead it is designed to keep it alive so that the person can live and totally be in pain all the way to their untimely demise. This toxin is called TX-131 or the Tickling Flickers."

Steven got disgusted at the idea.

Another man walked up to the two men. The man was about 6’ 0" and he wasn’t a Korean man, but a Russian. He walked up to them, shook Koyo’s hand and said in Korean, "How are you, friend?"

Koyo replied, "Good. I hope that you are good as well."

The man nodded his head.

Koyo turned to Steven and said, "My friend, this is my friend and leader, Brannan Meyers."

"Nice to meet you," said Steven.

"So, Mr. Thompson," said Meyers, "I have heard that you want to join our group."

"Quite correct," replied Steven.

Meyers looked at Steven for a second when a woman walked up behind Steven, brushed up against him and stood next to Meyers. The woman was about 5’ 9" and has long dark hair that went to her shoulders. She was very skinny, but what she lacked in weight, she more than enough made it up with her beauty. The beauty that emanated from Meyer’s young companion stupefied Steven. Meyer and the woman kissed each other for a second and stopped. Meyer looked at Steven.

"This is my wife, Alanna," said Meyers.

"Pleased to meet you, ma’am," Steven said to Alanna.

Alanna giggled and blushed and replied, "Nice to meet you as well."

"She is my second in command," said Meyers.

Steven nodded his head.

***

At the ADOC HQ in the States, Paul, sitting at his desk, looks into his computer monitor. Todd and Matt walks into the room, looking rather angry.

"Paul!" yelled Todd.

Paul looked up and saw the two agents, which are very mad.

"Yes," he said.

"Why did you send Steven on a solo mission without my approval?" asked Todd.

"Last time I recall, I am in command here," replied Paul.

"NO!" yelled Todd back at him. "You said that I am his partner and Matt as well. And you made it very clear that nobody can split us up unless they consult me!"

"I had no choice," replied Paul. "I was being pressured."

"Pressured!" yelled Todd. "You know what kind of pressure that I am under now!"

"I am sorry Todd," replied Paul. "I had no choice, because the defense secretary told me only to send one."

"I do not care what the defense secretary says, Paul!" yelled Todd. "That never stopped you before!"

"This time it was a matter of homeland security," replied Paul. "The Korean DMZ was nuked."

Todd and Matt’s eyes widened.

"Paul," said Matt more scared than mad, "who bombed the DMZ?"

"A man named Tycio Koyo," replied Paul.

"Tycio Koyo?" asked Matt with anxiety.

Paul nodded his head.

"That man is highly dangerous!" yelled Matt. "Plus, he works for a communist named Brennon Meyers!"

"What!" yelled Paul.

"Yes," replied Matt.

"This is serious," explained Paul. "This man is responsible for many of my agents’ and other agents’ around the world lives! He knows a spy when he sees one!"

"I want you to go to Russia and hunt for him," demanded Paul. "He has a radio beacon on him. You can now find him."

Todd and Matt nodded and ran into Roy’s lab for suit up.

***

Daybreak in the little ghost town of Benzen. Steven woke up from a little nap that he had in his designated quarters. It is in the hall to the right of the main lab and is room number seven. He wakes up to the small and dark room and turns on the light. When he does, he finds a tarantula on him. Steven is not squeemish about these things and he just picks it up and puts it on the ground.

"Amazing," said a woman’s voice in a dark corner of the room. The woman walks out from the corner and Steven realizes that it is Alanna. She changed her clothes to a gray jumpsuit that is leather and the only part that is uncovered is her head.

"What is with the clothes?" asked Steven as he rubs his eyes, stretches and gets up from his bed.

"I know who you really are," she said.

"What?"

"I know who you really are," Alanna repeats. "You work for the American government. You work for ADOC."

"Prove it," demands Steven.

Alanna takes a folder from back of her and throws it at the agent. Steven opens it and to his amazement, there is a copy of his ADOC ID and some other information. Even some about some of the missions he was on and his notes from each mission is in there as well.

"What do you have to say for yourself?" asked Alanna with anger.

"How did you find out?" asked Steven.

"We are not stupid," replied Alanna, "we always to background checks. You are not really Mr. Thompson, you are a former Jarhead, and ADOC agent, Steven Goodykoontz."

Steven gets up and there men burst through the door. All but one man is Asian, but the other man is a big black man. They are all holding AK47’s and are ready to use force if necessary.

"I suggest," said Alanna, "that any and all things that you are carrying be put on the ground immediately."

Steven reaches into his pockets and drops that gadgets, ammunition, and weapons that he has stashed into his clothes. He reaches for his arm holster and discovers the Laser Tag gun. He puts his hands on it and lets it go and closes his jacket.

"Now," demands Alanna, "go with these men, and do not do anything funny."

Steven nods his head in defeat and walks with the men.

***

Steven follows them all the way to a room where it is totally empty. There are windows on each side of this square room. The room is about 100 feet by 100 feet. The floor is tiled with concrete. Inside of this room is a man. It is Brennon Myers. He is wearing white pants with a black belt around his waist, and he is shirtless. On his back is a sword sheath and inside is a Katana. Myers yanks it out turns around real fast and whips it around making swooshing sounds. He does one last figure eight and quickly puts it back into his sheath.

"So," Mr. Goodykoontz," said Myers. "You are actually an American spy. I know what you did, Mr. Goodykoontz, you stopped the number one terrorist group called the Socialist Union Party and now you are here to destroy the Boshido Fighters."

"That is my main job," replied Steven.

"How do you think you can do that?" asked Myers with ego.

"By killing you of course," replied Steven.

Myers laughs at the idea and whips his sword out again. He puts it into his hands with one hand on the handle and on hand on the end of the blade. He presents it to Steven.

"Do you know what this is?" asked Myers.

"A sword," replied Steven.

"Not just any kind of sword, my friend," said Myers. "It is the one sword that Ghagis Khan used to take down the Chinese juggernaut of the last dynasty. This sword has many men’s blood on it and has many tears etched into it metal. Many a time, it has been re-mended, because of the bones that is rammed through. This sword is legendary and is the greatest sword of all time. And now it is to take out one more life, you."
Steven got a scared look into his eye. Myers puts the sword back into its sheath.

"I challenge you to a duel, Mr. Goodykoontz," said the man. "Whoever wins, gets to live. If I win, you die. If I win, you are set free and I die. Clear?"

Steven nods his head.

A weapon cart was presented to Steven.

"Take a weapon of your choice," said Myers.

Steven takes a broad sword that reminded him of the Master Sword of the old Legends of Zelda.

"And a side arm."

Steven grabs a knife from the stack and puts it into his pocket as he finds an old gadget that he left in his pocket. It is his rappel pin.

Myers takes out his sword and puts it out in front of him, stands in a Round house stance and gets ready for a fight. Steven stands in a defensive back stance, which is standing and bending the knees a bit. They both circle each other for a second and Myers lunges at Steven. The agents blocks his attack with is sword and pushes him off.

Myers gets a big smile as he recovers from being pushed. Steven holds his sword tightly and waits for another attack. Myers swipes at Steven, but Steven jumps back making Myers miss him and Steven whips his sword and the tip cuts Myers’ lip. Myers touched his lip and looks at the little bit of blood that comes from his lip and gets a man look. Myers jumps at Steven in anger but Steven ducks and lets Myers go over him and Steven tries to stab him with his sword, but misses because Myers rolled away in time.

Myers recovers and gets back to his feat and runs at Steven. Steven spins away and swipes at Myers and cuts a deep gash into his side. Myers holds his wound for a second them lunges at Steven again. This time, he hits the wall and get pocked real hard in the stomach by the butt of his sword. Myers falls back and falls to the floor.

"Oh, I am sorry," said Steven, "was I supposed to stand still?"

Myers gets up and gets his sword and lunges at Steven again. This time he stabs the end of Steven’s coat and pins him to the wall. Myers leaves the sword in the wall and starts to punch Steven in the face and in the stomach. The agent kicks Myers in the groin and he falls down holding himself. Steven takes the sword and breaks it off in the wall. The end of the sword falls to the floor as the other half is in the wall. Steven takes out his Laser Tag gun and the pen and gets out of his coat. He kicks Myers in the face. Myers rolls away for a second and jumps up with a knife in his hand and comes after Steven. However, the agent shoots a laser light into Myers’ eye. Myers holds his eye for a second and Steven stabs him with his pen in the heart, thinking that it is his knife. The eyes of Myers opens wide as the pen pierces his heart. Myers takes a few steps backwards and dies.

"NO!" yells Alanna as her husband falls to the ground dead.

"Well," said Steven, "I guess the pen is mightier than the sword."

Alanna looked back at Steven and then looked at her dead husband. She started to cry.

"Why did you kill my husband?" she asked.

"It is my mission," replied Steven.

"Well," she said, "your mission ends here!"

Alanna took out a dagger from her side pocket and lunged at Steven. Steven stopped her arm and threw her to the floor.

"Guards!" she yelled.

The three guards entered the room. Steven rolled out of the way from the spray of bullets and put Alanna in front of her and put her own knife to her throat.

"Shoot and she dies," said the agent with anger.

"Put her down now!" yelled one of the guards.

"No!" the agent yelled back. "Drop your weapons now and I will let her go."

The three guards looked at each other for a second. Then Steven shoved the knife closer to her neck.

"Please!" yelled Alanna with desperation. "I do not want to die!"

The guards threw their weapons forward and Steven let go of his grasp. He shoved Alanna into the three guards, bent down quickly to take the rappel pin from Brennen’s chest and shot the rappel cord to the top where there was a vent. He rappelled up about twenty feet and when he reached the vent, he knocked it in and scrambled inside.

The guards got their weapons back and started shooting at the vent, however, Steven went straight toward the lab and he was right above the lab itself. There was another vent and he could see the scientists down below.

"Listen, intruder!" yelled Alanna’s voice on the intercom. The scientists below panicked and all started to stutter to one another. "You have exactly fifteen seconds to get out of that vent or I will be forced to heat that place up so much in there, that you will dry up like a prune."

Steven listened to what she had said and decided to stay still. Sure enough, fifteen seconds later, the vents turned on and he could feel hot air going through the ventilation shaft. Steven did not care, he was going to finish his mission whether he liked it or not. However, a few minutes later, he could feel the effects of the heat. He was sweating like a hog and he was forced to take off his first layer of clothing, which was his suit. Under his suit was his all-weather stealth suit and could cool him off when needed for warm up when needed. He set the settings to desert setting and immediately, he felt a lot better. He stayed in that shaft for about seven hours waiting for the right time to get out. Because of his comfort, Steven fell asleep.

The agent awoke a few hours later. He behind him and in ahead of him and realized that he was still in the shaft. The shaft was dark and the heat was gone. He looked down at the lab and saw that it, too was empty and dark. He looked around for any guards, however there were none. He lifted the vent cover up and rappelled down. He unhooked himself when he got to the bottom and snuck around for a while. He could see a light from the hallway at the left side of the lab, but that was all. The whole lab was totally empty. He thought for a second. This has to be a trap. He looked around for another second and took out his night vision goggles from his side compartment. He turned it on inferred but saw no sign of any laser trip wires. He smiled for a second and ran to one of the consuls that was at the right end of the lab. This consul had mainly three buttons, test, off/cancel, and destroy. He pushed the destroy button to see what would happen and a screen popped up from the consul. It said, "Are you sure that you want to destroy all neuro-toxins in this area?" Steven clicked yes and a count down from twenty minutes started. He then snuck to the left end of the lab to another consul that was next to the hallway. The consul was just about the same and he pushed the destroy button. Again, another screen popped up from the consul asking if you want to destroy- this time it was asking if he wanted to destroy the acid agents- and he pushed yes. The count down was then to fifteen minutes. It seemed the both timers are intertwined when started together at the same setting.

After that, he walked to the middle of the lab where the nuclear missiles were under water. The consul had four options and it was circular. The options were launch, standby, detonate, or disarm. He first pushed the disarm button and pushed the yes button when the screen popped up. Then he pushed the detonate button. He pushed the yes button as well. The counter was now at ten minutes, still intertwined with the other two consuls.

Steven slowly walked to the door that was going out of the lab. He slowly opened the door and slipped through. He was Pinky, the over-muscular guard sitting and sleeping in front of the door. He walked a little bit closer and picked up his AK-47. He took the gun by the barrel swung it upward and banged Pinky on the head. The gun’s butt, which was made out pure oak wood broke into pieces and Pinky woke up with a head ache and really angry. He growled at the pain in his head and ran at Steven. Steven was more slender and much faster than the bulky man. Pinky tried to clothesline him, but Steven slipped under his arm and kicked him in the back of the leg, causing his calf muscle to break away from the tendons. Pinky fell to the ground screaming and yelling in pain, holding his leg.

"Sorry, big buddy," Steven said with remorse.

The agent slipped out the door and ran down the corridor to the waiting elevator. He stood on the wooden platform and pressed the button to go up. He took out his silenced .45 and waited to see the sniper in the house. When the elevator got to the top, he got a lock on the sniper and shot him in the head. The sniper fell and died. It was now fully dark out and it seemed that it had snowed. There was snow everywhere. Steven jumped down from the platform, ran towards the limo. He got into the driver side, did a 180 reverse and sped off out of Benzen. About five minutes later, he heard an explosion and a big poof of smoke from behind him. Steven smiled and drove to the airport and took a plane back to North Korea.

***

Steven arrived at the ADOC building in Pyongyang. Steven went through the same garage door and went to the laser light gun depot. The intercom turned on.

"So," said the voice. "You are back."

"Yes," replied Steven.

"Come on through, all the lights are on," replied the voice.

Steven walked right into Kaya Menchi’s office.

"So" she said. "Did you succeed?"

"Yes," replied Steven. "I destroyed the underground bunker."

"Good," she said. "Oh, by the way, two guys dropped by from ADOC in America to see you."

Matt and Todd walked in and met him.

"So," said Todd, "you had to go on without us?"

"Sorry," replied Steven, "had to."

"Yah," said Matt. "Todd and I had to tell Paul how it is."

Menchi walked up to the trio.

"Steven, are you sure that you took out that base?" she asked.

"Yah," replied Steven with worry.

"Well, then why do I see that there is a car on the radar that shows that it came from that position?" she asked back.

Steven ran over to the monitor to where the radar beacon was. He saw the red on dot going down red streets on the black background.

"Can you get a lock on who is in the car?" asked Steven.

The monitor next to Steven turned on and he could see a faint picture of who was in the car.

"Alanna and Koyo," said Steven with anger.

"I know who Koyo is, but who is Alanna?" asked Menchi.

"She was Koyo’s boss’ wife," replied Steven.

Todd and Matt looked at each other.

"I know who this Alanna is," replied Matt.

The who room went silent and everyone looked at Matt.

"Her husband is Brennon Myers," he said. "When I was with the KGB, we had reports of these two renegade Americans coming here and spying on us. They were not directly in consultation with the Americans. However, they were with the Kem Jung Il regime, being his own personal spies. When they were found out in a scandal to kill him, Kim Jung Il tried to kill them, but failed and in turn they both went to Benzen, Russia to hide out and to destroy him. While they did make the missile silos and all those "dirty bomb" weapons, they still needed someone to help them carry out this operation. That is where Tycio Koyo comes in. He has been investigated may times by the North Korean government, but his slate is clean."

"We could turn his countrymen on him," suggested Steven.

"Impossible," replied Matt. "They will not believe you. He promised wealth to all those who stay true to his cause, even though he is trying to destroy the whole country."

"Then why attack the DMZ," asked Kaya Menchi.

"A distraction," replied Steven.

"When I was hiding out in the vents above the lab, I overheard some conversation about how that this base was bogus and that this base was only a pawn, but the real base is in Cuba," replied Steven.

"Then how did Koyo and Alanna get away?" asked Todd.

"They probably was not in there with the initial explosion," replied Steven.

"Track their movements and see where they are headed," said Menchi.

"Yes ma’am," replied the radar controller.

***

A few hours went by and all the agents and Menchi were playing poker. When the radar controller motioned for Menchi to come over to look at something.

"I think they stopped at that old warehouse in a small town called St. Isenberg," he said.

"Can you get a picture of the warehouse?" asked Menchi.

"Yes," replied the man, "but it will not be in color."

"Fine," she said. "Just get me one."

The radar controller nodded his head and started to print out a copy of the surrounding area. When it finally came out of the printer, he handed the paper to Menchi. She studied it and gasped.

"What?" asked Steven.

"They have control of a secret Soviet rocket warehouse," she said with fear. "They have built a launching pad and one of the rockets are gone!"

"We must do something," replied Steven.

"Yes," replied Menchi. "The three of you must go up there and stop them. In this picture, they have another rocket along the way. They seem to have it erect just so that they can launch it."

"Yin!" yelled Menchi.

"Yes?" he said.

"Ready the chopper and get these three to St. Isenberg immediately. They have some work to do," he replied.

Steven, Todd, and Matt all followed Yin to the chopper and hopped in. A few minutes later, the helicopter took off and went north east.

In the helicopter, Steven, Matt, and Todd all were in special camuflauge uniforms that is darkened to blend in with the twilight sky. It is now almost dawn, and the sun is coming up soon. The agents will have to be extra careful since it is almost daytime.

"You guys will be dropped off in about five minutes," said the pilot. "I suggest you get your parachutes on."

"We already do," replied Todd.

"Good," replied the pilot as he opened back hatch. "When I give the word, jump."

"OKAY!" yelled Matt as the wind whooshed in. The agents stood next to the back hatch opening awaiting orders when an explosion hit the front of the plane. The agents looked back and saw that the cockpit of the plane had been blown off. There was a little bit of blood smeared on the wall in back of the cockpit. The three agents did not hesitate in jumping right then and there. When they jumped, the plane took an immediate nosedive. The agents saw three Korean MIGs flying overhead, luckily it was still too dark for the pilots to spot them.

When the agents hit the ground, they stripped off their parachute packs and walked toward the fence where the compound and a grassy hill was at. Todd took out his wire cutters and cut a five by five hole in it and the agents walked in. Steven took out his silenced .45 and Matt took out his silenced sniper rifle as Todd took out his silenced machine gun.

The compound had mainly three main buildings and two smaller buildings with a fueling depot for trucks and convoys. At the end of the compound was the missile. It rose up above the rest of the buildings about 100 feet in the air. The agents were behind a building and on the corners were guard towers with lights pointing at fixed areas. The three agents huddled together.

"I will go around and look for guards. I will take them out if needed. You two look for an entrance," said Steven to Matt and Todd. They nodded their heads and snuck around the compound slowly. Steven moved around and saw a gear box. He opened it up and it was a power box for the lights above. He switched the main switch down and all the lights on the towers came off. Suddenly, Steven heard footsteps in the sand and ran behind the box.

"Darn lights!" yelled the man who was coming around. The man was Korean, but he must have not been very smart since he was listening to music on his walkman. When he turned to look at the box, Steven ran out and knocked him out and stashed him under a lonely bush. Steven pushed he arm communicator on his wrist.

"Guys find an entrance?" asked Steven.

"Yes," replied Todd and Matt.

Steven quickly snuck around the area and found Todd and Matt. There was a door right in front of them, however the door was locked with a security lock.

"We cannot get in," said Todd.

Steven walked up to the door for a second and touched it. He took out his night vision goggles and turned it to thermal. He could map out the number for the security code. The first number was 9 then 6, 1, 5, 7, 0. He punched the numbers in that order and the door opened. Steven turned around.

"We must split up," said Steven. "Matt, take the building straight across from us, but keep quiet. Todd, take the building from the right of us."

They nodded their heads and went to their locations. They repeated what Steven had done to his door and all walked in.

Steven was in a two story building that seemed to be offices of some kind. There were nobody here, since it was night and the first shift would not come for about another four hours. Even with four hours, that was pushing it. It would take at least three hours to get through this and then get out before reinforcements arrived. When he got inside of the building, there was a reception desk, kind of ironic, because nobody would ever go here, unless they are with the same terrorist group as Koyo. He looked around for any guards, however, there were none to be seen. The floor was polished marble, nobody could really tell from first appearances since it was barely lit in that place. Steven crawled over the reception desk and tapped into the computer that was on. He quickly downloaded some files from the hard drive to his palm pilot. There was a door behind the reception desk. He opened it and it came to the other end of the reception room. There was a guard here. He was sitting on one of the chairs eating a doughnut and drinking a cup of coffee. Steven took out his silenced pistol and shot the guard in the head. The guard dropped his coffee in his lap and his half eaten doughnut fell down his shirt leaving a white mess. About five yards from Steven was another computer. It was another reception desk. Steven went around the circular table- which the table looked just like the other one- and tapped that computer as well. In front of the agent was an elevator. He quickly and quietly walked in and it took him to the second floor.

As for Todd, his part was quite hard. There were guards in the building, which it was fully lit. None of the guards caught eye of him, because when he first walked into the offices and saw those guards, he ran behind a pillar and waited for one to slip by and he hit him in the head, stashed him in a closet at the end of a five foot across hallway. While in the closet, he took his clothes and put them over his stealth suit. The ceiling had those tiles which you could move them. The closet was about 10 x 10, and he stashed him over the ceiling tiles. He even stuck a sleeper dart into him to make sure he was really out. He walked out of the closet and walked down the hallway to a corner, where there was a camera. He casually walked by it and was met by another guard.

"So you are the new guy," said the man in Russian.

"Yes," replied Todd back in the same language.

"I will show you to your station."

Todd followed him across the nice and neat waiting room. They then went in front of a bullet proof glass amber window and the guard opened the door next to it. Todd followed him in and he was in an office. There was a desk with monitors around it and on the monitors were live feeds from all around the office building and even up stairs.

"This is your station," said the man. Then he pointed to a computer next to him. "This is for your daily report. This building is the main guard building, so this computer is connected to a server with all the other security computers in this area."

Todd nodded his head and the guard left the room.

For Matt Lippins, his part was hard. He was to infiltrate an area where they test nuclear material for the rockets. He walked into the door and found himself in a reception room like all the other, except this one had some cameras pointing at the door. Luckily, the cameras were pointing toward the desk and not Matt. So Matt slipped underneath them strafing the wall until he got to a corridor where it led him to a lab. The lab was totally dark, save for a few computers that were left on just in case a scientist needed to use one immediately. This room was also full of cameras and all the monitors and the main lab lighted up so that the cameras could home in on the area. Matt took out his night vision goggles and shot out the lights. The lights turned off.

In the guard room, Todd saw the lights go off and knew that it was Matt. As for Matt, his comfort was not in a chair, it was that the darkness concealed him. He walked over to one of the monitors and tapped it with his palm pilot. Suddenly, there was a noise coming from outside the door. Matt ran out of the room via another door at the end. He then stepped into another lab with binkers, Butson burners and some color coded chemicals. He could not understand what the chemicals were because he barely passed Chemistry in high school. Then he heard the same noise outside that door. The table that the chemicals were on would make a superb hiding place, he thought. So he crawled under the table and waited for whomever was outside to come in. As he waited, he found a tool under the table. It was square and said, plutonium tubes. Suddenly, the door flipped open and two armed guards came in. They were carrying AK-47’s and were searching for whoever was here. They searched around the room for a second and left when they could not find Matt. The agent got up and slowly walked back into the dark lab.

Steven was now on the second floor. There were offices and were a few guards. Steven made sure he stood clear of the guards. The cameras that were in this area were a hassle as well. He shot most of them out without incident, until the one next to a meeting room. This room, Steven found out from the stolen information, housed a stockpile of information on how the missiles work. He shot at the camera, but missed and hit the wall. A lone guards heard the noise and alerted the rest of the guards in the whole building. Steven ran into a restroom. He ran into one of the stalls where one of the urinals was raised and he pushed away the tiles on the ceiling and crawled in. He crawled carefully along the ceiling until he got to the meeting room. He pulled away the tile and saw that the room was all dark and nobody was in the room. He jumped down and tapped a computer. After that, three guards burst in and started shooting. Steven took out his SPAS 12 and shot back killing one guard. He flipped the table over and used that as cover. The two guards stood outside the door waiting for a chance to shoot and kill Steven. One guard peeked from the door and Steven shot his head. The man fell down dead. The other ran in and started shooting like a maniac. Steven waited until the guard’s bullets were gone and shot him. That guard fell down dead. Steven quickly ran out of the through a window and used his rappel gun to stop his fall. He unhooked the hook and ran to the depot where he met Matt. Later, Todd showed up. The three sat behind a big crate away from anyone seeing them and sent all their information from their palm pilots to Kaya Menchi and the ADOC in North Korea.

"Thanks, guys," she said as the data came in. "My men will find the necessary information to disarming that bomb."

"I have a better idea," said Matt. "Lets blow up this who darn place."

"No," replied Menchi. "That will cause an international debut. Now we will contact you when we have some information."

"What do we do now?" asked Steven.

"I guess we wait and see what they come up with," replied Todd.

So they did. Behind that crate, the agents waited for about five minutes when Menchi came on the line.

"Guys," she said.

"Yes?" they all asked simultaneously.

"The way to disarm the rocket is to go up into the rafters, which you can get there via the weapon depot’s elevator," she replied. "Luckily, that depot is not very well guarded, in fact, the only guard that is there was supposed to be Todd. However, since Todd is next to you, he cannot do it. So, Steven, I want you to go in there and disarm it. The thing that you are looking for is a round ball and a wire that is black and white stripped. Clip that wire and take out that ball, which is only as big as a shot-put ball, and you have completed your mission thus far. Is that clear?"

"Yes," replied Steven.

"Good," she replied. "Watch your back."

The connection disconnected and Steven got up.

"Stay here, and be quiet," said Steven. "If you get caught, shoot to kill with your silencers."

Matt and Todd nodded. Steven got his SPAS 12 and his silenced pistol and quickly and quietly ran to the weapon depot, which was at the south corner of the compound. They guards still have not gotten the light back on, so Steven slipped under a guard’s nose unnoticed. When the agent got to the door, it was locked from the inside. The lock seemed to be just an old fashioned lock and key. He took out a wire from one of his pouches on his stealth suit and stuck it into the hole. He jiggled it around a little bit, but it was too hard for him to do it. The hole was too small and the wire was too big. So, the only thing that he could do is use his ADOC card and slip it through the door and the doorway. He stuck it through the crack and it tripped the locking mechanism and the door came open.

"Jackpot," whispered Steven.

The agent flipped down his night vision goggles and fought his way through a jungle of weaponry, crates, and guns. He made sure that he did not trip over any thing that could cause his to be caught, she he danced through the mess until he got to an elevator. He pushed the button up and the door opened. He pushed the button that had an up arrow and rode the elevator up to the rafter of the rocket.

The weather on the 100 foot rocket was windy and cold. When he got out of the elevator, he found himself in a frozen land full of metal and little ice sickles. He carefully walked on the metal plank that did not have any handle bars or any kind of bar that would prevent him from falling to his death. He slowly and walked toward the door felling every step before the next to protect himself from ice. When he got to the door, he opened the hatch and found the ball. He carefully took it out and then he cut the wire with his knife. When he cut the wire, an alarm sounded. Suddenly, the platform which Steven was on began to shift. The plank began to raise and the rocket began to roll away from the rising plank. Steven tried to run to the door, but the ice was too slippery. If he would to stay on the plank, he would be crushed, because it was folding into a wall that was holding the plank up. Steven had to think fast. He stashed away the ball and took out his rappel gun and his silenced pistol. There were ropes that tied the plank to the wall and the ropes were being pulled into the wall. Steven shot one rope and the rope fell and dangled under the plank. Then he shot another one. That time, the plank fell and Steven quickly shot his rappel gun onto a cross bar above the falling plank and waited until it hit the ground.

When the plank hit the ground, it was at a 45 degree angle. Steven released the hook on his rappel gun and slid down the slippery plank all the way to the ground.

Steven landed behind the weapon depot. He ran around the corner to see guards holding up Matt and Todd.

"What are you here for?" demanded a woman’s voice. There was a pause.

"Speak you worthless spy!" the voice yelled again.

Todd and Matt were on their hands and knees right in front of three guards and two people in Russian Military clothing. Steven looked at Matt and Todd and fought hard to find a way to save them. He raised his gun and snuck up behind one of the men that was kicking some rocks. He took him from around the neck and put his gun around the guard’s head.

"Let them go," demanded Steven. "or his brains will be part of the new outside turf."

"Oh!" said the woman when she turned around was Alanna. The other man was Tycio Koyo. "You survived!"

"Yes, surprised?" asked Steven.

"Not the Christmas present that I wanted," replied Alanna.

While Alanna, Koyo, and all the guards were distracted, Todd and Matt picked up their weapons and stuck up all the guards.

"Who’s got the upper hand now!" yelled Todd.

"KILL THEM!" she yelled.

The guards turned around, but not before Todd, Matt, and Steven shot them. Alanna and Koyo got away just before the firing was on them. Alanna and Koyo ran into the weapon depot. In a matter of a few seconds later, they heard an engine start up and a tank rammed out of the building.

The agents scattered different ways. The engine ran stopped suddenly and turned toward Steven’s way. Steven ran into a building and shut the door and ran down the hall. All the guards were killed in the slaughter so Steven was okay when he ran into the reception area he was at earlier. The agent thought he was safe, but he heard a crash and then a series of crushing noises coming from down the hall. The tank was in the building and was coming right for Steven. Steven ran into the elevator and rode it all the way to the top floor.

While up there, the tank started to break down the elevator shaft until it crumbled and the elevator fell onto the tank, not-so-much as a scratch. Steven ran into the other elevator shaft, but when he entered it, the elevator fell, but Steven jumped away just in time. Steven was now trapped on the upper floor.

The upper floor is supported by twelve pillars that are in a row of six on each of the sides of the first floor. The tank positioned itself behind the first six that was under Steven and started to ram them all one by one. Steven ran to the other side, just before that side began to fall in.

When all the pillars were knocked down on that floor, the tank then started to take out all the other ones. Before it could do so, Steven rappelled down to the first floor and ran out of a big opening in the wall.

When the tank had taken out the whole second floor, the building collapsed on itself and fell onto the tank pinning it.

Alanna inside of the tank tried to make it go, but it was impossible. The tank was too crippled to move. Steven took this moment to take out a timed bunker buster grenade from his pouch. He took out the pin and stuck it under one of the wheels that were holding up the treads of the tank. He ran and grabbed hold of Matt and Todd and jumped onto the ground.

All of a sudden, the grenade exploded and the remains of the building and a big chunk of the tank flew up in the air and burned up.

When the dust settled, he said to his fellow agents.

"Well, they had one heck of an explosive ending," he said.

Todd and Matt laughed.

***

A few hours later, they were picked up by a helicopter and flown back to ADOC in Korea.

"Great job men," said Kaya Menchi. "I must say, that you guys have totally made North Korea much better and Russia thanks you. That rocket was supposed to be going to America and destroy the capital."

Menchi coughed and the asked, "Where’s the ball?"

Steven opened up his pouch and handed it to her. She smiled.

***

Two days later, Steven, Todd, and Matt were all back at the American ADOC. They were all called to Paul’s office with all the other agents.

"Men," said Paul. "I have been your leader for quite a while now and I have to say that I have never had a better band of people working under me ever. And I would like to commend you on all of your achievements. However, I have had some family problems and my family needs me. That is why I am resigning as ADOC leader. I am retiring and I need someone to take my place. Since we have a chain in command here, Mike Henson will be my replacement and that he will be conducting all of the missions here.

Paul got up from his seat as Mike walked in. Paul picked up a box from under his desk and he walked out the door. Mike was kind of scared to what was to be said. All the agents were glued to the door and nobody moved. They were all stricken with sadness to see such a leader go for such hard reasons. Paul was a good man and he worked for the American government for about thirty-five years.

Mike Henson stood in front of the men and said in a calm voice, "I know a leader has gone away from us. But we cannot let this be a hampering on our duties. We must all move on from this and work to keep America safe. I am just as sad and sick about Paul leaving that I do not know what to do. I know that I have some gigantic shoes to fill, and I will do my best to fill them.

All the agents looked at Mike nodded their heads and walked to their offices.

The End

 

 

 

 



© 2008 Steven Goodykoontz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
Added on March 31, 2008