The Nigh Begins at Night

The Nigh Begins at Night

A Chapter by Steven Goodykoontz

"This is your fault!" yelled a man named Morrmi Venshi. He is talking on the telephone. He is a Japanese man, with contacts with the badly damaged SUP. He is a small man, only about 5 foot seven. His face is kind of square, and he is a strong man, despite his small stature. He is around his mid-forties.

"I am sorry, sir," said Donald Isaac. Donald Isaac is a medium sized man, and about 6 feet tall. He is in his early forties. He has a very distinct face; you could pick him out of a line-up very easily. He wears glasses, and he always wears a suit.

"What do you mean you are sorry!" yells back Morrmi, "our beloved leader is dead, because you did not send anyone to aid him."

"That base was safe, and nobody could get in!" replied Donald.

"My SUP force is pinning this little episode on you, and I declare war on your people!" declares the Jap.

"You can’t," replied Donald.

"Why?"

"Because my men are going to take out Germany, Russia, and soon America! We will control the world!"

"No!" yells Morrmi. "I have already declared that my SUP is no longer with yours! The only thing that linked our two groups together was Jones, and since he is dead, nothing links us now!"

"But-"

"But no!" yells the Jap. "I never liked you! I never trusted you, and I never trusted your leadership abilities!"

"I am Jones’s left hand man," replied Donald. "That means that I run all of the affairs of this group. If you are not with me, then you are now considered our enemy. If you do not break off this little embargo, then I will have to cut off all your funding."

"Go ahead," replied the Jap, "cut off my funding. I have other means of getting the things that I need."

"You will not last long without me," declared Donald.

"You won‘t even last long at all," laughs Morrmi who hangs up.

There was a crash that came from the window behind Donald. Three ninjas, hanging from rappel tools had jumped through the window. Donald got up and ran toward the door. He drew his handgun and aimed it at one of the ninjas. Unfortunately for Donald, the ninjas knew how to throw a ninja star. The ninja threw it at his gun, which it popped the gun out of his hand onto the floor.

Despite being stunned, Donald ran out the door, and the ninjas gave chase. Donald ran down the hall as fast as he could, but the ninjas were agile and very fast. They quickly caught up, and one of them had metal balls, which he threw down the hall in front of the scared German to trip him. Donald started slipping, then fell flat on his back. The ninjas arrived shortly afterwards. They took out their katanas and waved them around for a second; making a figure eight. In their native tongue, they said, "Death to the enemy of Bushido!"

They raised their katanas and slashed Donald into pieces.

***

The agents were back in the ADOC building now, and they were enjoying a well-deserved time off. Steven, Todd, and the new guy, Mathew Lippins were in their offices, relaxed and leaning back in their chairs, when there was beep on their desk intercoms.

Without answer, Paul announced, "Agents, we have a crisis that we need to discuss. Come to my office, now."

Steven released his slump in his chair. He got up and walked out the door, meeting the other agents, Todd, Mathew, Dustin, and Nathan.

"What is this all about?" asked Mathew.

"Beats the heck out of me, bud," replied Todd.

"He did say crisis," declared Steven.

"But what kind?" asked Dustin.

"Knowing Paul," said Nathan, "it must be important."

The agents got to the door, and Steven opened it so that the others can go through first, and he followed.

In the office, Paul turned around in his chair. "Take a seat, gentlemen," said Paul.

There were five chairs sitting around the desk, and the agents took one each.

"What is this about, Paul," asked Steven.

Paul sighed, and cocked his head up. "The president has now declared that America is at def COM 3 against Japan," said Paul.

The agents were dumbfounded.

"The worse part of it is, the Japanese government is not to blame," said Paul. "It is those SUP cells that keep living on after the head had been severed. The SUP district called Bushido."

"What caused them to rise up?" asked Steven.

"The CIA got a tip from a Japanese intelligence field operative just hour ago. He says that it was caused by Michael Jones’s death. Thus, the Bushido’s leader Morrmi Venshi purposely attacked the new SUP leader, Donald Isaac, and has declared war on the German SUP."

"Why bite the hand that feeds it?" asked Mathew.

"What do you mean?" asked Paul.

"When I was with the KGB," said the young faced, jet black haired agent, "the German SUP supplied the Japanese with arms, money, and information."

"Whatever it is," said Paul, "the Germans must have ticked them off pretty well."

"How’s that?" asked Todd.

"By playing the blame game," replied Paul.

"Why hasn’t the US, Russian, or any other SUP cells played it yet?" asked Steven.

Lippins looked over at Steven. "Those cells are not so large, and they are merely small and weak mercenaries forces, basically without order, but still gets what it needs from the leader."

"Without a leader now," said Steven, "what are they going to do?"

"The SUP probably now has split into their own version of the organization. I guess the US, Russian, and others except for Japan are with the German, and the Japanese are by themselves," said Paul.

"What are we going to do about it?" asked Steven.

"Take out Venshi," said Paul. "And hopefully the old ghosts will be finally put to rest."

The agents nodded their heads.

***

Tokyo, about 10:45 at night. There is a single light on in a tall building. Unaware are the people below- walking home or partying- that there are terrorists disguised as kindhearted businessmen planning their next plot of destruction. There are four men sitting at a long table.

"As you know," said Morrmi Venshi, who is standing at the end of the table, "we have split away from the German’s, and have made our own SUP. We are now all alone, but as soon as we can persuade all the other SUP organizations to concede to us, then we have no choice but to fight." Venshi bangs his hands on the table. "We are through with the constant realization that we are controlled by greedy, fat, and hopeless political figures. I am not sure about you men, but I sure am. I am through paying taxes to men that only sit around, make our decisions, and mess countries up! I say that our own attack squads kill our current Emperor, vacuum the rest of the government. With vacuuming the government of all the top officials, we can take over, and eventually take over Asia, and the world." Venshi turns around, and walks around the table. "Then, after Asia, America will follow. If we cut off our trade, they will lose money, and they will have to fall, and thus, making their SUP one of ours." Venshi then walks up behind a big Jap, and puts his arms on his shoulders. "Unfortunately, for us, however we have one setback. ADOC is now stronger, and has a better hold on us. Ever since they destroyed our SUP headquarters is Turkey; we have split, and now are reasonably weaker than we have ever been. But if it weren’t for me, this man-" Venshi looks at the man that he has his hands around, and squeezes his shoulders until it hurts. The man grunts in pain. "Reyi Chang would have given away our best position on pulling off this operation." Venshi gets an angry face, lets go of his grip, and snaps his fingers. "That is why, I have stolen the German’s idea of controlling the mind, but now, with a lot more power, and a lot more brainpower." Chang looks around the room, and gets into a cold sweat. Three men walk into the room. They are wearing black suits and in on their right side are a sheath with a sword in it. They took out their katanas. Chang gets up and tries to run, but one man jumps on the table, bounces off the wall, and lands in front of Chang. The scared Jap runs the other way, but another ninja blocked his escape. "Before I kill you," said Venshi, "I want you to see the how I have created these men."

Chang shakes as the men take off their masks. When they take it off, the whole room erupts in gasps, except for Venshi. The three men’s faces are horrifying. Where there used to be eyes are dark red eyes. One man flashes his eyes, and it shows its infer-red. Where there used to be ears are finely made microphones, barely sticking out. The one in front of Chang moves them. The only thing that is left that is found on the human body is their mouths, hair, and a neck. Even their whole body is plated with metal that is grafted and then melted onto their skin.

"There is a chip in their brain," said Venshi, "that controls their output of adrenalin. The chip releases it when they need it and it stops it when they need to. Pretty much, they are perfect killing machines." Venshi smiles and snaps. The men put back on their masks and take out their katanas. The ninjas raise them and slash Chang’s body to pieces. He falls to the floor, and dies.

***

There is an explosion at the Emperor Palace in Tokyo. Three men in black suits jump through a big hole in the wall on the tenth floor. They are Venshi’s ninjas, who were sent out the day after the meeting. They snuck in during a public tour. They wore highly fine fake skin, and put it on their faces, hands, and they put on fake eyes and eye lids, that every thirty seconds, they blink. A metal detector cannot detect the metal that they have on, because the fake skin has a high concentration of lead that jams radio waves. During the tour, they snuck up to the roof, killed the roof guards, and waited until sundown to rappel off the roof to the tenth floor.

Guns go off as the three ninjas slash the guards and army personnel in the Palace. The three ninjas are immune to gunfire, because their bodies are strong, hardened with metal on their skin.

The Emperor, Hsan Rieti is put into a closed off area of the palace guarded by a metal wall, and guards armed with AK’s and MP’s. The Emperor listens in horror as the ninjas enter the room. The guards on the outside are being killed one by one, and the bullets that they put so much stock into do not work.

The wall that the emperor is in is just like a wall, but bulletproof metal. Unfortunately, the ninjas have grenades that can take out a metal as thick as six feet. One ninja plants a charge on the wall and sets it for ten seconds and stand back about ten feet. The charge counts down, and the emperor crouches in the corner of the blocked off area. Then there is a blast, and the ninjas enter the hole where the emperor is. The emperor takes out a .45 and shoots them, but to no avail. They get out their katanas and force him go out into the hallway.

The hallway is littered with dead soldiers. There is blood on the windows, walls, and everywhere. The ninjas throw the emperor against the window. The window is just like a bulletproof window with metal plating. The window bends a little, but it does not break. When the emperor hits it, it knocks the wind out of him. The ninjas take out some duct tape and tape him to the window.

"What are you going to do to me?" asked the emperor with a shake.

The ninja looked at him for a second and looks away and finishes on taping him to the window. One ninja takes out his katana. The ninja pushes a button on the handle, and there is a low humming sound. The emperor looks down and the katana that the ninja is carrying has long yellow streaks going through it. The katana’s sharp edge and tip lights up in a beautiful yellow. The emperor screams as the ninja circles him with his sword. Before they plant the last line, the ninja stops and one comes up to him.

"Bushido has taken your government," said one of the ninjas. The ninja unmasks himself and puts the mask on the emperor. The fake skin that he has on has many holes. The emperor gasps. "Let me go, please!" demands the emperor.

"Bushido now controls all of Japan," said one of the ninjas.

The ninja that was cutting the window finished the job and the window fell backwards. The emperor screamed all the way down from 400 feet in the air all the way to the sidewalk full of people below. There are screams, beeps, and screeches as the emperor hits the ground.

***

The next day in the ADOC building, the agents: Steven, Todd, and Mathew are being suited up for their mission to Japan. They have located the Japanese Bushido, which they own the top two floors of a building called the Osaka.

"Agents," said Roy, who brought out a rack of guns, a box of gadgets, and some miscellaneous items out of his storage rooms, "I do not know what kind of force that you will be encountering, so I am going to give you the works."

Roy walked backwards toward the closets. He opened them up and grabbed three suits, which appeared to be new.

"These, agents," continued Roy, "are my new suits that I have made for specific missions. This one has the works: rubber all around, chain-link vest that is; of course made out of Titanium, bullet proof vest that is also light weight, gadget holders, holsters, night vision goggles, knives, gloves, and radio transmitters to our base uplink."

The agents picked out a gun for each of them. Steven grabbed his famous Spas 12, and as a side arm; a Desert Eagle. Todd picked his famous SIG 552, and his side arm of a Walther P99. Mathew was new, but he knew what kind of gun he was used to. He liked the heavy guns. He picked up the M16, and as a side arm; a Colt .45.

"All this stuff is pretty simple," said Steven, "but why?"

"Readiness is the key," said Roy. "We have a great threat over in Tokyo, and if we do not act on it at once, the world is in jeopardy." Roy pointed toward the dressing rooms toward the side of the equipment room. "Get dressed, gentlemen," said Roy. "You have a long night ahead of you." The agents put down their weapons and walked back to the dressing rooms. When they came back, they loaded themselves with their weapons and gadgets such as: a rappel gun with a modified hook for better hold, and a longer cord for longer heights, some magnetic grenades, which they are pretty new. Roy designed them for such an occasion as if the agents need to destroy a computer. They also grabbed some grenades, night vision goggles, and a bulletproof vest.

After the agents were done and ready, Roy ordered them into Paul’s office for debriefing.

***

The agents made their way back to Paul’s office. They sat down in their chairs. Paul turned around in his chair, pushed the red button on his desk, which a giant computer screen came on, and a satellite map of Tokyo appeared.

"Agents," said Paul, digitally circling an area on the map, "this building is the Osaka building in Tokyo. This is where we believe that the SUP division, Bushido is hiding out."

"How do you know this?" asked Steven.

"We have field operatives in Tokyo that was keeping an eye on them from day one," replied Paul.

Steven nodded and listened to Paul.

"Now," continued the director, "Andy will be dropping you off on the roof of the building. It will be dark, and I hope that you will bring some night vision goggles. Another thing that may be a problem is that there is a cyclone coming in. This storm will bring lightening, hard rain, and heavy winds, so do not go onto the roof, unless needed. Our contacts also confirm that their leader Morrmi Venshi is hiding out on the top two, which has been confirmed as a lab of some kind.

"What you men must do to gain entry to the building and rappel from the roof, and rappel down to the top two levels. I cannot let you get onto the ground, because if you get caught, there will be no telling what Japan will do to us. When you are at the window, use the laser pins that Roy has installed into your night vision goggles. They should cut through the hard glass.

***

There was a hum outside on the roof, the agents got up and walked outside and got onto the helicopter. Andy shut the door, and the agents were off.

A few hours later, they were closing up on their landing site. The three agents readied their weapons, and were ready to get onto the roof of the building.

"Agents," said Andy, "we are closing up on the building. We will swoop in, and we only have ten seconds to let you off. You must hustle in getting out."

The agents nodded.

"Twenty-five seconds," said the pilot.

The agents waited at the door. They knew that they had to jump out, and hope that the wind will not knock them off the building.

"Five seconds," said the pilot.

Andy released a lever, and the door flipped open. It was raining very hard. There was also lightening. The agents jumped onto the roof. Steven waved at Andy. Andy waved back and took off.

Steven took out his rappel gun, cut out a little slack, and hooked the end hook around a ventilation pipe on the roof. Todd and Matt hooked theirs on the ledge. All the agents hooked their rappel guns onto their belts and jumped down. Steven flipped down his night vision goggles, and turned on the laser. The laser made a circle when it was shot and it broke the window in. Steven swung a little then climbed into the hole into the building. The hook unlocked and went back to his rappel gun. Todd and Matt did the same.

The floor, which was second to last, was completely dark. The agents flipped down their night vision goggles. They all took out their weapons and searched the area.

The area seemed to be a lab of some sort. There were hospital equipment, tables, hospital beds, and cabinets with nothing in them.

Todd took the lead and led Matt and Steven out of the room into the hallway. Todd searched both ways, each time pointing his weapon each way. Todd motioned that it was safe, and the agents walked to the other room across the hall.

This room seemed to be an office of some kind. The agents looked around for a while, until they heard a rustling sound. They all turned to see a shadow run past the door. Steven took out his Desert Eagle, and put away his Spas 12. Steven crept toward the door with the other agents following at a distance. Steven looked down the hall and saw the shadow go into a room far down the hall and turned a corner. Steven motioned that the other agents come with him.

When the reached the curve where the shadow ran down, the agents saw a lonely room. It had a metal door. Steven and the agents walked up to the door. Steven traded his weapons, and took out his Spas 12. Steven turned the knob and opened the door. Suddenly, a man with a sword jumped at Steven and knocked him to the ground. Steven dropped his weapons. Matt kicked the man in the side, but to no avail. The kick did not seem to hurt him. Todd took the man by the neck and picked him up. Matt took his sword and threw it down the hall. The man struggled under Todd’s grip, but soon got the upper hand. The man elbowed Todd in the stomach, and Todd let go. The man ran down the hall. Before the man could get far, Steven tripped him, and Matt jumped on him, and started to break his neck. Matt pulled his head around until it snapped. The man plopped onto the ground. He was still. Matt got up, and the agents looked at the dead man.

Suddenly, the lights turned on and three men were standing about ten feet away from them. Venshi, with two men in black suits and swords were standing. The two ninjas were standing to Venshi’s side. Venshi had a .38mm handgun.

"Who are you?" asked Venshi.

"We are from ADOC," replied Steven. "We are here to stop what you are doing?"

"Stop me," exclaimed Venshi, "please. Isaac could not stop me, what makes you think that you can?"

"We are trained to take down men like you," replied Steven.

"Just like when you took down Michael Jones?" asked Venshi. "Or even Smelser, Brown, or any other SUP henchmen?"

"That was the idea," replied Steven.

Venshi laughed. He snapped his fingers twice, and the man that Matt killed got up, repositioned his neck. The man, with three amazed agents behind him, picked up his sword and walked and stood behind Venshi.

"Well," said Venshi, "I am not that kind of guy. Do you remember the Gutenberg mine?"

Steven and Todd nodded.

"Well, the same idea has been integrated into these three men right here," said Venshi. "With only one thing different, it has been upgraded. They are virtually indestructible, and are smarter than any other human."

Steven shot his Spas 12 at Venshi, but before the bullet could get to him, the ninja to the right of him jumped in front, and took the bullet. The bullet hit the metal, and stuck in, but did not pierce.

Steven was in awe.

"Metal skin," said Venshi.

Venshi snapped three times, and the ninjas pushed a button on their swords, and yellow streaks streaked the sword’s side and strips of yellow appeared on the edges.

Venshi then snapped once, and the ninjas attacked. There was a room behind them and the agents ran in and shut the door. The agents flipped down their night vision goggles. Todd and Matt took out their weapons, but Steven had an idea. He took out an EMP grenade. He put his finger through the hole of the ring. When one of the ninjas walked in, Steven threw it, and it exploded on the ninja. The ninja made a mechanical like sound scream and fell. Smoke came out its ears. Strangely, the other ninjas were nowhere to be seen. Steven walked over to the door and looked out.

"See anything?" asked Todd.

"Nothing," replied Steven.

The hall was lighted, and Steven could not see any indication of people in the hallways.

"I’ll take the lead," said Todd.

Steven stood back as Todd passed him. Steven, Todd, and Matt all drew their weapons and walked slowly out the door. Halfway down the hall, however, a flash of lightening hit a power line and caused all the lights to go out. The agents flipped down their night vision goggles and continued on with their search.

There was one floor above them that had not been explored yet. All the agents agreed that they probably ran off into there. So the agents took the stairs, because there is no power to the elevator. When they reached the top, Todd peered out and looked both ways. A flash of lightening flashed and they could see a little bit more clearly.

"Clear," said Todd.

Todd stepped out slowly and walked down the hall followed by Steven and Matt. In the middle of the hall, the agents heard a sound like someone falling, or something heavy falling. The sound came from the door to Todd’s left. He put his ear to the door and listened for a sound. He listened for a while, but then someone crashed through the door, which it caused Todd to fling across the hall and slam into the door across the way. It was a ninja, and he was using a door as a way to smash Todd. Steven came in and shot the ninja in the head. The ninja felt that, and it was one of only a few places where the ninjas did not like to be hit. The ninja did not fall, but it did make him lose his grip on Todd long enough so that the agent could get away. The ninja threw down the door and raced for Steven. Steven pointed his weapon toward his head and shot. The blast shot one of the ninja’s mechanical eye out. There was a little spark that flew when the bullet hit. Apparently, the bullet also went through his skull and hit his brain, because for a few moments, the ninja held his head, and tried to balance.

Steven then shot at the ninja’s head again. This time the ninja fell. No bullets pierced his skull, but the blast shook the ninja’s half-scattered brain, and made him lose his balance. Steven walked over to the fallen mechanized ninja. He jammed his gun barrel into the knocked out eye. The ninja tried to draw his sword, but his brain was so scrambled that he could not think straight. He tried to lift his arm, but it was limp and could not grasp anything. Steven shot, and the ninja jumped a little. The ninja was dead. Even though the chip was not destroyed very much, his brain was totally scrambled.

Steven withdrew his weapon. Todd took the lead once again and the other agents followed.

This time, the agents were at the end of the hallway. On their left was a stairwell and on the other was a closed door. Todd opened the door to his left. He peeped into the dark room. All he saw were randomly laid boxes, tools, and shelves. Todd walked in. He kept his gun ready. Steven and Matt started to follow, but he told them to stay back. Todd moved around the room, cautiously and ready to fight.

Todd turned around and saw a shadow run across the room. He could not pick it up, because it was too fast to see. However, he did see where it stopped at. It stopped behind a stack of boxes. Todd, holding his SIG 552, slowly walked over to the boxes. Suddenly, there was a sound from behind him. He turned and there was a black figure standing about three feet away. Todd pointed his weapon, but before he could shoot, he was grabbed from behind.

"Got you know, American!" yelled Venshi. Todd shot his weapon in the air to warn Steven and Matt. The ninja slapped his gun out of his hands and smacked his face. Todd’s head moved fast, and a big red mark appeared on his face. The blow almost made his night vision goggles fly off.

Steven and Matt suddenly tore into the room.

"Let him go!" yelled Steven.

The ninja turned around and drew his sword. He turned on the sword, and yellow stripes appeared and yellow appeared around the ridges.

"You cannot help him, American!" declared Venshi, "he is in our hands now!"

Steven laughed. He then drew his weapon very fast and shot the ninja’s katana out of his hand. The ninja growled, and soon lost attention on Steven. Steven ran at the ninja, and pushed with all of his might. He then threw him out the window. The ninja lost his balance, and in response, he caught onto Steven’s leg. Steven slipped and fell. He tried to grab onto the side, but lost it and fell.

"Steven!" yelled Todd and Matt.

"Yes!" yelled Venshi.

Then, there was a big clink. It was Steven’s rappel hook latching onto the ledge of the window.

Outside, about twenty feet from the window, Steven and the ninja were fighting. The ninja had Steven’s legs, and trying to hold on for dear life. Steven was kicking trying to get the ninja off of him. Steven had his rappel gun in one hand, and hitting the ninja with the other. He had great strain on his arms. Every squirm of the ninja, he was inching his way to death. It was raining, and the water caused Steven to slip a little.

The storm that they were in was a squall, and it had the potential to turn into a hurricane. There was lightening flashes, and thunder that sounded like bombs going off. Suddenly, there was a flash of light under Steven. It seems that the lightening hit the ninja. The ninja gave out a mechanical scream, and all around his body were sparks, streams of light, and smoke. The electricity could not hurt Steven, because his suit was made out of fine rubber.

After a few moments, the ninja let go and he fell. Steven gave out a sigh and he pushed a button on his rappel gun and went up toward the door.

"Where is Venshi?" asked Steven.

Matt pointed on the floor, and Venshi was tied up. Venshi was growling and threatening to kill them all.

"I guess you are out of a job," said Steven.

Steven took his rappel gun, hooked the hook on a piece of rope from one of the boxes. He took Venshi and threw him out the window. Venshi screamed as he fell, but before he fell all the way, he stopped. He only ten feet from the ground. He squirmed to get free, but the rope was too tight.

On the top floor, Steven had tied the rappel gun around a shelf that was bolted to a floor.

"I will contact the local authorities," said Todd. "I’ll say I have a special delivery for them."

The agents laughed as Todd called the police.

***

"Great job, gentlemen," said Paul.

Steven, Todd, and Matt were standing in front of Paul’s desk. They were wearing casual.

"Thanks, Paul," said Steven.

"Unfortunately," replied Paul, "the war that we are in is not over. There are still areas that we must clear before we can call this over."

"Right," said Todd.

"Unfortunately for Venshi," said Steven, "he could not hang around long enough to enjoy that."

Todd, Matt, and Paul all laughed.

The End



© 2008 Steven Goodykoontz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

355 Views
Added on March 31, 2008